Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by arcademan1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 days ago

ok i have a future spa im working on and i replaced the mpu board as the other had alot of acid damage. i replaced the board with an alltek board. i cleared the memory amd set the dip switches correctly. the game starts up and seems to play fine but all the displays start up with all 9's. is there a setting to fix that or what could be the problem

#2 11 days ago

With power off, unplug all but player 1. What is the result?

You have all 6 digit displays installed?

#3 10 days ago

I will have to try that. But I think all the displays are 7 digit displays

#4 10 days ago

6 digit displays would have been original.

#5 10 days ago

The displays will not work correctly if any of them are 7 digit displays without some modifications. The game originally was designed with 6 digit displays.

I worked on a Xenon a year ago, that had player 1 with the correct 7 digit display but then rest were 6 digit displays and they were all freaking out because of the mixture of displays. Once I disconnected the 3-6 digit displays, player 1 (7 digit) acted correctly.

#6 9 days ago

That's really odd I'm pretty sure I've mixed 6 and 7 digit displays before for testing purposes and it worked fine - there's just no 7th digit of course on the sixes. Been a long time since I would have had to do this though, and it was on a 7 digit game.

For the OP yeah, Future Spa is supposed to have 6 digit displays in players 1-4 unless it's got the 7 digit mod in there (I forget if that's one of the custom roms Alltek includes)

#7 9 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

That's really odd I'm pretty sure I've mixed 6 and 7 digit displays before

Bally 6 digit display short together key pins that will not let the game work right. It's all or nothing if you want to change over to 7 digits.

#8 9 days ago

I know you have to short 11+12 if you want to swap Stern and Bally 7 digit displays between games.

According to the schematics 11 is a NC on the 7 digit display and 12 is the 7th digit on the Bally games - all the other pins appear to be the same though.
11 and 12 on the 6 digit just say NC, so the 7th digit signal would go nowhere unless for some reason it's actually connected to something on the display that's not shown (like ground)

The decoder input and blanking are exactly the same as well. Makes me curious to go and actually try it in one of my games now to see what happens; but I'm reasonably sure in a pinch I've stuck a 6 digit display in a 7 digit games' player 4 display and it worked fine for a party.

#9 8 days ago

So that could be the problem why the displays all start up with 9999999 instead of 0000000

#10 8 days ago

Please confirm, do you have all 6 digit displays installed?

#11 8 days ago

No they are 7 digit displays

#12 8 days ago

You bought the game like this? Do you gave any 6 digit displays to swap in ?

#13 8 days ago

I have 6 digit displays I can swap, but I need to rework them first.

#14 8 days ago
Quoted from arcademan1:

No they are 7 digit displays

Set your alltek board temporarily to a game that's 7 digit displays and see if they do the same thing.

What does the digit test do? Do they walk the full gamut in order (won't necessarily start at 0) but you should get a full 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 sequence. If you don't you might have a connector dropping one of the decoder signals.

Also, you didn't say if you have tried each display one at a time to maybe narrow down something to one display.

#15 8 days ago

I have not tried 1 display at a time. I did do the display test and they all work correctly

#16 8 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Do you gave any 6 digit displays to swap in ?

#17 8 days ago

No I do not have any 6 digit displays

#18 8 days ago

Not sure how soon I would be able to go through a set of 4-6 digit displays as I have some other things I am currently working on.

Is the credit/ball in ball display 6 digit at least?

#19 7 days ago

good question ill have to look its at my customers right now

#20 7 days ago

Might as well see if your customer has 4 - 6 digit displays to swap out.

#21 7 days ago
Quoted from arcademan1:

I have not tried 1 display at a time. I did do the display test and they all work correctly

So the only issue is it comes up with all 9's at bootup? Is that whatever the HSTD is saved in the machine (shouldn't be if you reset the ram on the alltek). Does it play and score correctly? Extremely odd that the display test would work correctly and have a stuck display issue otherwise.

You can reset the hstd manually by going into audits #04 and either hit the S33 switch on the mpu board or possibly one of the coin switches (bally started adding the ability to reset audits with the coin switches sometime around here)

#22 7 days ago

I have an AlltekSystems board in there

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Machine - For Sale
Sebring, FL
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 85.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside