(Topic ID: 171519)

Future Spa, dimensions & how brutal to move?

By Philk

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Philk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Picking up a Future Spa on Friday. Was wondering if anyone had the cabinet dimensions handy? I didn't find anything online. I have three sets of basement stairs so I'm trying to figure if I can squeeze in down the easy set, the tricky set, or the deathdrop. I'm going to de-head it, but was also wondering what I'm in for as far as weight and difficulty? I'll be moving it myself, curious if it is much worse than a roadshow or demoman (both still had heads on).

#2 5 years ago

When I had a Future Spa it was easy. Just do it in pieces. Head off (and glass out is nice) but then take the playfield out of that big cab. Then it is a big empty easy to move box. The head will be heavier since the Transformer / Rectifier part is located in the head.

#3 5 years ago

I have a Future Spa and Roadshow, and have owned Demo Man.

Future Spa, like any early solid state, is WAY easier. Removing the head makes for two smaller and lighter parts. You won't have a problem

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

When I had a Future Spa it was easy. Just do it in pieces. Head off (and glass out is nice) but then take the playfield out of that big cab. Then it is a big empty easy to move box. The head will be heavier since the Transformer / Rectifier part is located in the head.

^^^ What he said.

#5 5 years ago

If it's anything like Space Invaders (same widebody size) you'll have a much easier time wrangling a lighter body with the playfield and glass removed.

#6 5 years ago

Note that the head is hinged, but the hinge is OPEN on one side & will slide off once you unbolt it.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Philk:

Was wondering if anyone had the cabinet dimensions handy?

Cabinet width, flipper button to flipper button = 28 1/2"
Cabinet height, front with lockdown bar on = 16"
Cabinet height, back = 19 1/4" + neck 2"
Cabinet depth = 51 1/2"
Backbox depth =10 1/2"
Backbox height =27 1/2"
Backbox width =30 1/2"

All measurements to the nearest 1/2"

I moved a Bally Future Spa with backbox removed and a Williams Black Knight with backbox attached on the same day, up a hill, in the snow, and Future Spa was much lighter than the Black Knight.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I moved a Bally Future Spa with backbox removed and a Williams Black Knight with backbox attached on the same day, up a hill, in the snow,

Sounds like you dropped them off at the school my parents went to.

#9 5 years ago

Not only moving, but getting it installed in your house will be a damn sight easier too.

#10 5 years ago

Thanks so much for all the responses, especially all the dimensions Pecos!! you rock!

Wasn't sure what I was in for since I knew it was big, but haven't seen one in person. I'll de-head it & bring it home, then recruit the wife to help with the rest of the teardown & relocation to the basement haha, she loves that!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside