(Topic ID: 85150)

Future Spa Club - Come on in the water is warm!

By Xenon75

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 448 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by pacman11
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231228_222007 (resized).jpg
20231228_214230 (resized).jpg
20231228_205429 (resized).jpg
20231228_200818 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-12-27 at 10.14.20 AM (resized).png
6A080666-3BD5-49B0-BCD3-9F3E52B20E0C (resized).jpeg
641EB49B-783E-4D79-AA2F-FB38362BF658 (resized).jpeg
117D74B4-5291-4DBA-82FD-26BD63872055 (resized).jpeg
68AA2963-2259-467E-AA30-3A48F1212646 (resized).jpeg
FE29CE2C-C0CC-4448-907A-48E0C6071C57 (resized).jpeg
BDD091B3-7AD4-4C41-B6E9-A2C74F98E640 (resized).jpeg
8DF650EA-73F8-423F-93B9-9340E21BB215 (resized).jpeg
5AFC1F58-1A83-48EE-81AA-25E533CC30E1 (resized).jpeg
35B760E5-81C2-496D-933D-05B763AB47D2 (resized).jpeg
792947F2-F0A1-43EA-A71C-52E72F4EDF02 (resized).jpeg
DCDF2F83-AB97-403B-BF56-1F75732A8946 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfixin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#333 2 years ago

Getting a Future Spa soon. Has anyone attempted the 7digit display upgrade yet? If so, any issues to be aware of?

-Pat

1 year later
#420 8 months ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

For anyone missing the holographic sheet behind the title on their back glass, I found this on Amazon that works perfectly.
Diffraction Grating sheet 13,500 lines/inch - Double Axis 1Ft x 6 Inches https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007FZT3Y2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_oJgSFbCJPAA5R

I got some off of Amazon, but I believe I am missing most if not all of the original.

I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about taping anything to the ink on a backglass, how did you apply yours? Think I can tape it to triple thick maybe after it has cured?

-Pat

ALSO!! What are the colors you guys are using to match the siderails, as well as the apron. I just want to touch those up.

#422 8 months ago
Quoted from Thunfisch:

Do you really think future spa needs a 7 digit upgrade? Future Spa is not really generous giving points... I think it's more the later 6-digit-pinballs that tend to roll over...

I guess you're just not as good at the game, as I am.

Conservative post adjustments
Glass on (no cheating was done, I was actually playing the game)
3 ball
Factory Settings and recommendations for 3 ball (Drop Targets and Kickback always spot letter)
Correct adjustment for the open gate on the left side (normally 2 options to drain, and when the gate opens it lowers it to one, not the ridiculously easy and incorrect option of 1 option to drain and when the gate opens there aren't any)
Smaller transparent mini post on right side.
Somewhat fast speed to the game (I raised the back leg levelers to about 2 1/4in-2 1/2in high out of the 3in, with no levelers on the front.)

This was just a test game to see the most conservative shots from both flippers. Left flipper horseshoe by saucer (I can't hit the spinner and it seems to be a dangerous shot if you miss the spinner otherwise) and right flipper always shooting the targets until you get Extra ball, then go for the spinner. This is somewhat dangerous also with the targets there (it seems to go down the middle, or to the dangerous right side where the bumpers are) but usually you're ok. The game had incorrect rubber rings on it, as well as the incorrect PAPA adjustment for the ball gate. I still think PAPA has no idea from their videos it's incorrect.

I know for sure the spots letter every 3rd time would make it a lot tougher to score on, and this is the recommended setting for 5 ball, but I wonder if 5 ball actually isn't any easier than 3 ball with the factory settings, and if it isn't more difficult because of the spots letter.

#423 8 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I like the blue, goes well with the blue 1000 point pop cap.
Another UK guy recently restored one and put red targets in and has the red 1000 point pop cap.
Different stars though, all looks good.
I have a spare new set of targets (blue) and all pop caps (red 1000 point) that I bought from Marco if anyone needs a set. I managed to get a NOS set.[quoted image]

I absolutely love the red drop targets. However, apparently they are only available in the UK. So my questions are, how are they made? The reason I ask, was up until I last asked Steve Young, about 10 years ago now, he still stated he had >>>NEVER<<< had to replace any of his drop targets due to breakage for warranty, when used in a normal setup. I believe that Marco and other suppliers just buy the drop targets from Steve and then sell them to the consumer. So, why type of manufacturering was used in the red star?

Also, something strange is happening with PBResource's email orders. I asked for a blue star drop target, then a white with black lettering 2x, 4x, and 6x (that they advertise on their site) and was told those that the only ones they had going forward was the yellow, with the 2x 4x and 6x on them. However, in their EBD kit, they have 2x, 3x, 4x, and 5x, white dt with black lettering. This completely doesn't make sense, unless Steve has made a rule that anyone who mods their games, he will refuse to sell to?

-Pat

#428 8 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

That’s strange.
My NOS set came from Gary Flower when he was in the USA, he knew I was restoring one and got in touch. Glad he did as much nicer than the set I had already bought from Marco. The red star targets are available in Europe, not seen any in the UK. I also fitted a set of targets to my EBD, think they came from Marco but bought from a friend so not sure.
Good luck finding what you need.

Thanks! Everytime I see the euro on a website shopping card, I just assume the UK.

But since Steve doesn't manufacture them, I just didn't know about the quality, since I only get drop targets made by Steve.

#429 8 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I clocked mine on 5 ball pretty quick and mine is steep, all the way out plus an inch of wood on the back. Also fitted a playfield protector which is great on this and speeds it up.
Set it to 3 ball the other day with recommended settings, had a few games and managed 500k.
Some games finish quick!
If you can clock regular then 7 digit might be worth doing or maybe make it even harder which is what I think I would do.

Oh, I also wasn't aware about the XPin evolution 7. I don't remember if you need an MPU that supports 7 digit scoring with them (it doesn't say anything on their website) however all the extra wiring and stuff you don't need to do. It's all built in the display itself. That may be a much easier way to do it instead of everything you need to do manually without them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfixin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-spa-club-come-on-in-the-water-is-warm?tu=pinfixin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.