Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by yatch11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 days ago

I am have some electrical issue and need some help. Now, I am don't have a lot of electrical knowledge so bare with me.

Right now, when I power up the machine, I immediately blow the 5 amp fuse. This issue has been getting increasingly worse getting to this point. It started off that after 10min or so of play, when I would hit a pop bumper or sling it would reset, I would loose playfield and display lights but keep GI and back glass, it then would reset and come back on. Got to the point where it was only after a minute or so of play. I just replaced all the bulbs to LED's, when I powered up the table I just had GI. Did a little trouble shooting, found that 5 amp fuse was blown and replaced. I got my playfield lights back but I couldn't start a game, every time I tried to start, it just added a player. I was able to do some more trouble shooting with a solenoid test and #11 was not working, I also have an new Alltek MPU and Solenoid board in it. The Q15 and Q19 indicators were on. When I powered it off and back on blew the 5 amp again, replaced it, turned it back on and immediately blew it again.

Just looking for a little help on what direction to go. I don't have much electronics experience but willing to learn what to do. Thanks for any and all help.

#2 9 days ago
Quoted from yatch11:

When I powered it off and back on blew the 5 amp again, replaced it, turned it back on and immediately blew it again.

The 5 amp fuse on the rectifier board is for the 43 volts DC to all the solenoids/coils.

The playfield solenoids AFTER the flippers are all fused by a 1 amp slow blow fuse under the playfield between the flipper mechs. Presuming you have the correct 1 amp slow blow under the playfield (and someone hasn't put a nail there) the only coils with issues that can blow the 5 amp fuse are the flippers, knocker in the cabinet and the coin lockout coil on the coin door. Since the coin lockout coil lugs are close to the metal door which is grounded, this is the first place to look for a loose wire.

#3 9 days ago

Often when the fuse blows right away the bridge has shorted out. Try disconnecting everything except the cabinet power supply cable. If the fuse blows right away it's probably the bridge.

#4 8 days ago
Quoted from Quench:

The 5 amp fuse on the rectifier board is for the 43 volts DC to all the solenoids/coils.
The playfield solenoids AFTER the flippers are all fused by a 1 amp slow blow fuse under the playfield between the flipper mechs. Presuming you have the correct 1 amp slow blow under the playfield (and someone hasn't put a nail there) the only coils with issues that can blow the 5 amp fuse are the flippers, knocker in the cabinet and the coin lockout coil on the coin door. Since the coin lockout coil lugs are close to the metal door which is grounded, this is the first place to look for a loose wire.

Checked the connections on the coin door, all look good. The fuse between the flippers is good as well. Thank you for the help.

#5 8 days ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

Often when the fuse blows right away the bridge has shorted out. Try disconnecting everything except the cabinet power supply cable. If the fuse blows right away it's probably the bridge.

I have to get some more fuses, once I get them, I'll do what you suggested. Thank you for your help.

#6 8 days ago
Quoted from Quench:

the only coils with issues that can blow the 5 amp fuse are the flippers, knocker in the cabinet and the coin lockout coil on the coin door.

Quoted from yatch11:

Checked the connections on the coin door, all look good.

I think the next step I would take is check your knocker coil. The manual calls for an AR-26-1200. It should measure about 12.5 ohms resistance. If it measures zero or close to zero it's probably blowing the fuse. You can just disconnect it. Cap the wires properly.

#7 8 days ago

Sounds like the bridge rectifier and the rectifier board in general needs to be refurbished.

#8 8 days ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Sounds like the bridge rectifier and the rectifier board in general needs to be refurbished.

I have a replacement rectifier board I was going to put in another machine but I might just use it in this one and check the coils the YeOld was talking about. Thanks

#9 5 days ago

I got it fixed finally. I replaced the rectifier board and it seems to be working now. Thanks for everyone's help and increasing my knowledge.

#10 5 days ago

There is a checkbox near the top to ‘mark as resolved’. Helps others find what worked for similar issues.

#11 5 days ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

There is a checkbox near the top to ‘mark as resolved’. Helps others find what worked for similar issues.

Thanks for the help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside