DSCF2629.JPG
Lanes.jpeg
right.JPG
left.JPG
Bumper_area.jpeg
Backglass_Rear.jpeg
Backglass.jpg
#1 14 years ago

Gonna go look at a Future Spa for sale. There are a couple of things that aren't working but are probably a relatively easy fix, likely just a couple of solenoids. He is asking $500 OBO and I will try and talk him down if it is good shape but will pass if it isn't. Anyone played the machine? I know Autumnfade said it was kinda slow.

#2 14 years ago

Never played it I just now looked at it on IPDB and I do like the "artwork" .. I wonder why ?

I went and looked at a 1948 Genco Triple Action this morning. It was in horrendous shape and they still wanted $250 for it. I offered them $50 and walked away. They wouldn't budge as they feel it's highly collectible as is ... pfffft

(I do like the three lady theme though )

#3 14 years ago

My wifes loves the artwork. I had one, but just for the parts.

The funny thing about Future Spa is the total difference between the backglass and playfield artwork.

I played it a couple of times, but the Bally pinballs aren't my favorite so i realy can't give a good opinion.

#4 14 years ago

I read somewhere that due to time constraints, there were two different artists, one for the backglass and one for the playfield. Going to look at it tonight after the guy gets home.

#5 14 years ago

Purchased it for $225. The playfield has minimal wear but dirty. The lower cabinet is good but faded. All the plastics look good. The backbox is good but missing paint in a corner. Rectifier board is fried, and hacked. The backglass is perfect but needs a new top trim piece. Haven't had a chance to go thru with the multi-meter but I know at least one coil is bad. If anything, I can sell the backglass and get my money back. But I won't.

#6 14 years ago

Hi Sealclubber !
You have made your Christmas gift yourself ! and before !
Some pictures to share ?
Merry Christmas .

Lionel.

#7 14 years ago

Thanks LB. Gotta clearcoat the backglass tomorrow.
Do Bally backglasses have a top trim piece?
And this backglass had a clear plastic piece taped to the back covering the words "Future Spa." Is this normal?

Backglass.jpgBackglass.jpg Backglass_Rear.jpegBackglass_Rear.jpeg Bumper_area.jpegBumper_area.jpeg

#8 14 years ago

And more.

left.JPGleft.JPG right.JPGright.JPG Lanes.jpegLanes.jpeg

#9 14 years ago

Seems you have to paint on the Left part of the cabinet...
"Who is Mike?? "..."

Just for fun : Compare my left part of my Panthera , anf the original one on ipdb .

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1745&picno=30964

You have understood why i looked for a cabinet...I will make DIY at Christmas... !!
Bye
Lionel

DSCF2629.JPGDSCF2629.JPG

#10 14 years ago

Hmm that is quite a nice Future Spa.
The only thing missing is the holographic plastic thingy on the backglass (link most of the future spa's).

I got some spare parts for a Future Spa. But seems that everything is in good shape.

The Panthera i had was somewhat different than this white cabinet. Stange machine that is. The Arabic people in Marocco realy love those Panhera's...

#11 14 years ago

Hi Benboogaard,
I would like to explain : I didn't paint in white . The previous owner have done this situation !!! Not really a collector.

Lionel.

#12 14 years ago

Great buy ! Thanks for sharing the pictures. My christmas present was the Street Fighter II machine I got early. (Not to mention the toys I ordered yesterday).

I wish they hadn't made the artist "de-nipple" the lady on my Medusa.

#13 14 years ago

Wow , thats a great deal and nice looking machine SC

#14 14 years ago

Thank you all. I have the holographic plastic. Didn't realize what that was. Thanks. I took it off because I am going to clearcoat the backglass.

Did Bally backglasses have a metal top trim?

#15 14 years ago

@ LB45 : I knew that. But you have to admit that the previos owner was realy an artist

#16 14 years ago

The backglasses in my Bally machines have a metal bottom lift trim and plastic trim around the top and sides.

#17 14 years ago

Thanks. Couldn't tell from any pictures.

#18 14 years ago

That backglass art is hilarious. What is that guy doing with his hands in the hot tub? haha

#19 14 years ago

hahahahah!

#20 14 years ago

That's a great machine. Are the top rollovers all faded? Easily replaced of course... It's a shame it's faded on one side but would not be a show stopper for me of course. That legwork on the playfield is, shall we say, well, we won't say...hahaha...awesome.

#21 14 years ago

Thank you. Which rollovers are you talking about super8man? The yellow arrow inserts or the lanes? The playfield only has minor wear, mostly around the bottom right popbumper where there is no mylar and on the edges of the top lanes. I am going to buy new drop targets as they are the wrong ones and new spinner decals. Also gonna try my hand at repairing the rectifier board myself. We shall see how that turns out.

#22 14 years ago

Sorry, I meant this picture:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=3717&bbat=325

The lane dividers I should have said...

Cheers,
Mike

PS - And what were they thinking mixing white with black rubbers...ugh...

#23 14 years ago

All the pictures I have seen have plain white dividers. The guy I bought it off of got it for free. I forget the back story but it was stored indoors. He was like, it comes with extra rubber and bulbs. The extra rubber was OLD and stretched out and the bulbs were a mixture of 44 and 55s. Don't think it used #55s. Whoever used it last did the minimum to make it work. Like solder the wiring harness directly to the rectifier board because the connector melted and some of the pins were missing.

#24 14 years ago

If I can help in any way with the rectifier board repair let me know. Just post a picture and some comments about what's maybe bad.

#25 14 years ago

Thanks Brokedad. I am sure I will have some questions before I am done.

I purchased a repair kit from www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com. First I will unsolder and replace the bad J1 pin section. Then I will tackle the rest of it as necessary using the one from my Meteor as an example.

I also have one display missing a digit (hopefully I can replace the resistors and fix it) and one display which is burnt in but the circuit board is good. Will need to buy a new gas display for it.

I also purchased a kit for the aux lamp driver board. I have 4 lamps flashing, 4 lamps not working at all and 4 lamps staying on all the time. I hope it is just the SCRs.

Haven't checked the solenoid driver board yet but the high voltage section seems good since the displays are lighting up. But the player 4 display doesn't light when connected to the Future Spa but the display works perfectly when connected to the Meteor so not sure what causes that yet. I expect to have to replace some TIP102s and diodes as I have 2 inop coils.

Just need some quality time with the machine to test it all out.

#26 14 years ago

cool looking machine!

#27 14 years ago

That's cool that you have another machine to compare/swap parts. Sounds like you are becoming or already an expert repair/refurbish person even if you thought you couldn't.

It's nice seeing more people like you getting into the machines in detail. I think soon I won't have to do anything but post sexy pinball lady pictures and moderate the posts we all make when drunk. LOL

#28 14 years ago

That's cool that you have another machine to compare/swap parts. Sounds like you are becoming or already an expert repair/refurbish person even if you thought you couldn't.

It's nice seeing more people like you getting into the machines in detail. I think soon I won't have to do anything but post sexy pinball/lady pictures and moderate the posts we all make when drunk like I am now after a day of celebrating. LOL

(My mrs is backseat moderating to keep me in line)

Animated_Gif_Sexy_(7).gifAnimated_Gif_Sexy_(7).gif Animated_Gif_Sexy_(61).gifAnimated_Gif_Sexy_(61).gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-spa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.