(Topic ID: 42862)

Poll: What pinball simulators do you play?

By paulohotline

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Gov
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What pinball simulators do you play?”

• Future Pinball (PC) 9 votes
      13%
    • Visual Pinball (PC) 19 votes
      28%
    • Pinball Arcade (multiple platforms) 43 votes
      63%
    • Zen Pinball (multiple platforms) 18 votes
      26%
    • None, I only play the real deal biatch! 14 votes
      21%

(Multiple choice - 68 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

media-pinball1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superturbo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm patiently waiting for the pinball simulator that fixes pins.
    LTG : )

I know a couple people who work on The Pinball Arcade. The guys who run TPA wanted a feature where there was actual wear and tear on the cabinets and you could simulate parts acting differently depending on their condition. So if a machine is set to "just cleaned and waxed" the ball will fly across the playfield. But if a machine hasn't been 'cleaned' the ball will move slowly. They also wanted adjustable flipper strength and other physical features on the cabinets. So you could get a feel of what a cabinet is like after it's actually been broken in and played on. Rather than the cabinets playing the same after one play and ten thousand plays.

But they can't afford any of that as they have almost no budget at all. I'm sure programming all the machines to accurately simulate mechanical breakdowns would not be cheap. I know they've almost gone bankrupt and already lost one publisher which is why the X360 version hasn't been updated in forever. They've had to turn to crowdsource funding just to push out new tables on the other platforms. Still though it's a good product if you own something other than an Xbox 360 that is.

Pinball FX2 is fun as hell but it needs to have better nudging physics. When the ball is on the playfield you can barely control the movement. Outlane saves are damn near impossible. The slingshots are million times stronger than a full nudge so you can't counteract them at all either. Yet oddly enough death saves are almost braindead easy on any of the later tables. I'd say that 80% or more if a death save is possible I can get it cleanly with a double danger. And because the tables are programmed to let danger warnings wear off after a few seconds you aren't really penalized at all.

As far as I can tell, death saves are impossible on The Pinball Arcade. I've never been even close to getting one. You can tilt and then slam the cabinet ten more times and not come within an inch of a death save being successful. Odd physics once the ball has traveled through the outlanes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superturbo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-pinball-star-trek-the-next-generation-20th-anniversary-edition?tu=superturbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.