Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NBXM-2015-03-16.jpg
    picard-facepalm2.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gemini.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago

I prefer Visual Pinball over Future Pinball. ; )

Actually, neither have realistic physics (though a new physics engine is in the works for VP), so if I want to actually PLAY a table and not just tinker with designs, stuff like Pinball Arcade works a lot better for that. Mind you, one advantage Visual Pinball has over Pinball Arcade is that you can do tap passes. : B

Oh and Mark, looks like you're making some really solid progress there! : )

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hyperball91:

I prefer FP over VP. Iron Man is by far the best FP table to play I think. Fantastic fun to play, as long as you have a good graphics card. I recently got a GTX 760 4Gb and man, what a difference! I think too many people play FP with crummy computers or laptops and complain.

I have a GTX 660 and a 4 GHz AMD FX-8350 CPU with 8 cores. My main complaint with FP is the camera system more than anything else. I just can't get used to the way the camera system works in that thing, and the angles which disable the camera effects are just terrible for me. : P

I do agree with this statement though:

Quoted from markmon:

I bag on FP a lot because this is a pinball forum and I cannot imagine any pinball enthusiast enjoying FP. It's just so incredibly bad. Regarding "no computer sim is perfect", that's true. But many others play at least like pinball.

Now that I've got some experience on the real thing I can safely say that the only way I'm ever going to get good at real pinball is to play REAL pinball. The computerized stuff is good for experimenting with layouts or learning the rulesets of the real games and they are just as fun to play... but it really just isn't the same at all. : P

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from travisbmartin:

Wasn't there talk that Farsight Studios was going to make their own pinball designer app?

Actually, from what I was told in an eMail reply I got from the Pinball Arcade support team a couple months ago, the PC version is supposed to be getting an update to include room lighting features at some point, though it hasn't happened yet.

I've actually sent a solid number of bug reports and feature suggestions to them. A couple things I've made mention of to them have indeed been fixed. The biggest change I really hope they make at some point is adding an option to disable the giant red "TILT" message that shows up when you tilt, because I find it takes away from the immersion factor. : P

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gemini.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-pinball-designers-thread?tu=Gemini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.