Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 395 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sticker,375x360.png
    297759-i.jpg
    tickertape2[1].jpg
    U.S._Bullion_Depository.jpg
    image.jpg
    Screenshot - 10052014 - 11:46:40 AM.png
    image002.gif
    image-708.jpg
    you-know-nothing.jpg
    classic car storage.jpg
    image-103.jpg
    deadhorse.jpg
    this.gif
    in-the-year-2000.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpOoKyRiDeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#96 9 years ago

Prices are never going down. After 17 Years in the hobby, I've seen more and more games being parted out. Look at just today's forum, you will see a few. Stern, Jpop and others aren't even reaching 25% of the games that Williams/Bally and Gottlieb were selling. Less games= more demand. Simple. Toss in a bunch of new folks who have disposable income due to their folks passing on, show me a Taxi for sale in three years for $800, like there were 6 or 7 years ago. Not going to happen. Pinball is Waaaaaaay not like any other business model or hobby! Its just not.~SpOoKy

#139 9 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What I would like to know, is if a price drop doesn't matter, why are there so many people upset about my prediction?

Because anyone whom isn't a newb knows that Stern isn't making 25% of the games that Williams/Bally and Gottlieb were making. Toss in Alvin G. As well. Games have been parted out or destroyed in warehouses due to water damage, ceilings caving in etc. Why the h∆ll start this thread anyhow just to start an argument? The demand of Wallet Street newbies with either there own money, OR there folks whom passed away and left them $$$ have driven $800 pins to $2k investments. You can state ANY business model, trends etc. THE ONE thing you don't get is that Pinball, never, ever plays bye any SANE rules! ~SpOoKy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpOoKyRiDeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-of-pinball-prices?tu=SpOoKyRiDeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.