Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Jjsmooth
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3565 (resized).JPG
    barchart-poll_results (resized).png
    hologram-3d (resized).jpg
    hologram-image-hot (resized).jpg
    hologram-identity_disc (resized).jpg
    Noetikon_of_Science_Hologram (resized).png
    laser_7_output (resized).jpg
    IMG_5201 (resized).JPG
    aaaaaaa (resized).jpg
    laser war (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    laserCAt2 (resized).jpg
    laser_cat_by_dilbert92-d5zmtml (resized).jpg
    tumblr_lg3i47epIK1qght7mo1_500 (resized).png
    tumblr_ndel3b4S0Y1qaaccio1_500 (resized).png
    sharks-with-frickin-laser-beams (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malform11.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Recent advances in laser technology promise to render LCD obsolete. 2000 times more efficient than LCD, these lights are ready, waiting for buyers.
    Lasers were already cheap, require very little power. I got a laser on my keychain. Powered by a watch battery. Cost ,$1.
    A linear laser beam is not really visible without fog. Three types of fog machines are available.
    The normal fog machines are safe enough. Concerts using high voltage have tons of fog and no problem has occurred. Fog based on cold air are safe. Another type removes oxygen, making fires less possible..
    Pinball generally keeps up with technology. Profits arent always as important as aesthetic value. Most machines make no profit.

#12 6 years ago

Laser cats lead the way.

There are fog machines that only use cold air, as I said. They could not harm electronics.

This is about future pinball, the traditional things about pinball are not going to be replaced.

Think about the evolution from simple bagatelles to jets, flippers, ramps, electronics, LCD displays, digital sound....

Some say that "The Wizard of Oz" is the future. A high definition display makes you watch lengthy scenes from a 1933 movie.

A house spins...
    Mechanical toys, clocks, and other objects were far more complicated 200 years ago..

These things stop action. Pinball wizards prefer more continual action...

#13 6 years ago

Before somone insults my abilty to play pinball. I set high scores on machines.

My 510 million grand champion score on "The Walking Dead" has been on the machine for more than a year now.

The way to set high scores, besides continually hitting money shots, is to get to multiball as often as you can.

Further research has shown that no one has experienced any problem with electronics even with the simple water/glycol fog machines...

#31 6 years ago

Air by definition has people breathing it, and making up their own truths. If you paid attention, or done your own research, you would find the no one had ever experienced problems with electronics from fog machines. Concerts have fog machines and thousands of volts of electricity, tons of elecronic equipment..no problems

A closed system doesnt introduce particles.

Think about electronics in autos, do they self destruct from air or water vapor?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malform11.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-of-pinball-1?tu=malform11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.