4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jGraffix
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

met1_(resized).jpg
    screen-capture-4_(resized).png
    sparky_(resized).jpg
    37d587ef72c775f0832b681888bb46fd1f1c9a53_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_6016_(resized).JPG
    IMG_7135_(resized).JPG
    P1120665_(resized).JPG
    P1120664_(resized).JPG
    12a_(resized).jpg

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Shouldn't this professional courtesy be extended to included criticizing others over their artwork or abilities? I've seen Aurich tear apart competing translite makers for stolen pictures or calling them amateurish. And yet the ACDC translite that he sells has images he pulled from the internet.
    And to publicly shame a competitor with such arrogance as Aurich did in this thread was uncalled for. I'm amazed at what he has gotten away with over the years.

Yea once it was revealed that aurich did the alien artwork I instantly lost all respect for him as an artist.

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

...eg I recently created a movie poster mod for the CFTBL and was developing it for months but in the end the local lcd screen supplier didn't want to support me with screen warranty and I was held back by available finances. In this case Sparky (another modder) was polite and asked me if he could come up with an alternative using a similar concept could he take the concept to a similar but different concept with priority to those on my list. The bonus was small per unit royalty out of respect to me which I was highly impressed with as he respected my efforts.

Thanks for the kind words, Jady!

I have three of these left, if anyone is interested.

#103 4 years ago

Fwiw, my pricing is generally based on cost of materials + cost of my time (which I charge $20 per hour for) + cost of shipping (which is always included in my prices because I hate getting shipping quotes). So for example, if a shooter rod takes me ~2hrs to make from start to finish, and costs me $15 to ship.. well you do the math

Now consider that pricing on hand-made goodness vs. someone who simply glues a $5 toy or belt buckle to the end of a rod and charges the same amount. Which would you rather own?

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

Now consider that pricing on hand-made goodness vs. someone who simply glues a $5 toy or belt buckle to the end of a rod and charges the same amount. Which would you rather own?

Whichever looks better. Sometimes the belt buckle might be super detailed. I doubt any hand made stuff will beat out a McFarlane for example.

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Whichever looks better. Sometimes the belt buckle might be super detailed. I doubt any hand made stuff will beat out a McFarlane for example.

Well then, it would appear I'm doing things the hard way!

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

Fwiw, my pricing is generally based on cost of materials + cost of my time (which I charge $20 per hour for) + cost of shipping (which is always included in my prices because I hate getting shipping quotes). So for example, if a shooter rod takes me ~2hrs to make from start to finish, and costs me $15 to ship.. well you do the math

Love the stuff that you do! And I'm with you on the hand making products for the pinball community. Keep up the good work!

#107 4 years ago

Swinks..
    I know you had good intentions posting this
    Sorry but after seeing your ACDC hells bell mod a while back..makes me kind of go hmmmmm????

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Swinks..
    I know you had good intentions posting this
    Sorry but after seeing your ACDC hells bell mod a while back..makes me kind of go hmmmmm????

already been covered in another post in here but was a few years ago and learnt alot since then,

simply it was my interpretation of block but with lettering as I was the first to do that and the timber look was different Mezelmods, sort of like you doing the same as Tilt Graphics - different interpretation of the same product.

my intention was to support modders, raise some awareness and play nice

#109 4 years ago

Yeah I read it..but I didn't get it..

Anyways..It's all good..But Just realize that as much as you stick to the "rules"...there is always going to be some individual or individuals who simply don't care regardless.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

already been covered in another post in here but was a few years ago and learnt alot since then,
    simply it was my interpretation of block but with lettering as I was the first to do that and the timber look was different Mezelmods, sort of like you doing the same as Tilt Graphics - different interpretation of the same product.
    my intention was to support modders, raise some awareness and play nice

Uhhhhh...I think its the other way around ... But yes this is a perfect example..
    I've been doing this since 2007 ..Since RGP..

#111 4 years ago

sorry if I offended and got the facts wrong..

look I have done mirror blades as well as that was a excellent example by Kaneda that I did not consider but in Aus no one was doing gold and black mirror so didn't step on any toes there merely made something possible and avialble.

I started the thread to make people aware and support the guys that are the true creative soles and I was annoyed by the C&D's going out when there is a lack of detail when you stop and think about it.

In the end the thread has run it's course and served it's purpose to make some people aware.

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Uhhhhh...I think its the other way around ... But yes this is a perfect example..
    I've been doing this since 2007 ..Since RGP..

Joe and I may be at odds at the moment but I can tell you he has been doing this since RGP, selling mini play field decals for the Family Guy pinball machine, but PinGraffix only started in 2014. Before that he sold items marketed as "designed by Joe Raptor", just see any Metallica PinBlade.

#113 3 years ago

Having said that people have been doing "Side Art" like us way before we came along. Bally's Blackwater pinball machine from 1988 had side art incorporated in it and I believe PinballPT predates PinGraffix.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    $ 20.90
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Haus
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.00
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 14.95
    There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside