Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Taxman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pin2DMD (resized).jpg
    familyguy (resized).png
    shipping (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

That is one frame. How many games are completely colored? Where are these available for people to see and download? I see people struggling in those threads trying to get stuff to work like hardware, editors and custom stuff. Bits and pieces of games. People hear they can do these great things but when it comes time to do it they have no idea what they are getting into. They think they are saving a few dollars when they are just thrown money away.
    Still waiting to see the library of completed games
    (P.S. I do like that frame. I would love to see some full animations from what you did)

Not sure how many titles constitutes a library, but, AC/DC, Mustang, Spiderman and Avengers have all been done and look really good to me. Shrek and POTC have also been done as I understand but I haven't played them. There is a lot of white text in them but I think they still look light years better than the orange. I think it is a perfect solution for a Virtual Pinball machine, I can't comment on the effort to get it working on a real pinball. The PIN2DMD also plays the colour dots on CCC perfectly.

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Here you be
    » YouTube video
    The hardware is easy now. You can buy a LED 'kit' for $180 and just plug it in...or piece it together yourself and get it below $100ish
    There's quite a few Stern games completed...probably a dozen or so...check the VP forum. If you poke around the Pin2DMD thread..you'll see them about a half dozen WPC games in the works..way more info on the VP Forum
    My games where is storage for 3 years while the basement remodel was in the works..I just got them set up a few weeks ago and they still aren't all set up. Thus the delay coloring more titles
    I just started HS2 last week...stay tuned!
    How am I throwing money away when it cost me $100 for the hardware and I color games at work and I really enjoy doing it?
    FYI the video isn't edited...so it 'might' be NSFW. I also made quite a few more changes with custom scenes since the video. 'Happy Hour' now has my arcade name as a banner over the bar. I haven't taken video of the new stuff ...way to lazy

How did I miss this one over at VPU? I need to go home from work now and play this Last update on the site says April 2016, any chance you may update it if there is new work in it?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-of-color-dmd-pricing?tu=roar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.