Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Taxman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pin2DMD (resized).jpg
    familyguy (resized).png
    shipping (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from Oldgoat:

How about people like me that have the standard MMR? You have to pay $399 but don't actually get a new display. I wasn't 'plugged into' all of the drama around the colorization of MMR; although I recognize there were some marketing issues/product expectations that resulted in the tiered pricing between the std and LE version. However, having to pay the same $ as the 'sets' that include a new display doesn't sit well and feels like I would be getting less value for the same $ as other titles.

And you can't take it out and put it in another machine.

However the coloring for MMR is pretty awesome and I'm sure those guys worked long hours to get it looking so good.

#46 7 years ago

I think it's a lot of first time buyers that complain about the price. Once you've seen one in person you kind of make room in your budget.

For all of the bellyaching, they do seem to sell out pretty often.

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from tjc02002:

so their work is locked up in proprietary colordmd software for the financial benefit of colordmd.

While in most situations I would agree with you, this is one I don't. Sure I may have been willing to color a game for free but who knows when it would have been done or if I would have finished. Randy and Chris provided financial incentive and technical support to help keep me chugging along till it was done. If this helps them sell a few more displays then I'm happy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-of-color-dmd-pricing?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.