Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by hammet
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Nonagon_Infinity.png (resized).png
    0_File-picture-of-US-entertainer-Michael-Jackson-tes (resized).jpg
    Hollywood-replace01-1-768x860 (resized).jpg
    main-qimg-973accb6b8a18f819e00973b8c4075d3-lq (resized).jpg
    0FF6A9A1-E5B7-406F-B550-3D919F812043 (resized).jpeg
    Ramones_-_Ramones_cover (resized).jpg
    9234CD25-6203-426F-A418-4893CAAD6801.gif
    cover.jpg
    vince-neil-1 (resized).png
    gettyimages-483251725-1553282024 (resized).jpg
    32256B4D-A2B8-47F6-99FF-426382BA6D6D (resized).jpeg
    60CDFEC2-8614-4462-B35D-75C7887AC182 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2022-08-10 at 16-13-59 Metallica on Instagram Yesterday’s poster from the gig in Belo Horizonte Brazil with art by @g
    da8f23105634041.5f7d7e3fd86f2 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).png
    D940C9E2-4C9B-4A58-9060-0BEF98437A49 (resized).jpeg

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

Hi everyone,

To my knowledge, there’s been a lot of love for the 70s - 80s eras with Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Kiss, Queen etc.

But it seems like music from later decades may not be on the roadmap yet but I’d love to see what other people might choose

Personally I could see:

- Nirvana
    - Foo Fighters
    - Green Day
    - Eminem
    - Dr. Dre
    - Depeche Mode
    - Prince
    - Daft Punk
    - Smashing Pumpkins
    - David Bowie (May exist)
    - Johnny Cash (may exist?)

What about you?

#2 1 year ago

Bare Naked Ladies

Velvet Underground

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Bare Naked Ladies
    Velvet Underground
    LTG : )

Nice picks - I can see BNL being deliberately whacky in gameplay. I grew up listening to them in Toronto and I think stylistically it would be super different!

#4 1 year ago

Princes first two albums came out in 1978 and 1979 respectively.
    Nirvana Bleach 1989...
    But as far as newer bands go.... Ghost is the only one with a big enough career that might get made, that I would be interested in.

#5 1 year ago

gonzo73

yeah Nirvana may have started in 80s to be technical but I would say their success was in the 90s? I guess I meant more broadly music from a different era. Sorry I wasn’t that clear :-/

Prince and the others that were 1990 + were just ones I could see as potential pins

Will check out Ghost! Good music recos are always welcomed

#6 1 year ago

Thats just me just being a record nerd....

Don't mind me..
    Prince could be a great theme for a pin.

#7 1 year ago

1. Beastie Boys
    2. Red Hot Chili Peppers
    3. Run the Jewels

#8 1 year ago

Steel Panther

#9 1 year ago

Even though he’s kind of shades an mj pin would be instant for me , yee-hee! Sha-mone !

#10 1 year ago

Dead Milkmen
    Cannibal Corpse
    GWAR
    Anthrax
    Tool
    Slipknot
    Grateful Dead
    Tenacious D

While there's tons I think would be okay as pins, these bands have a personality that could make for some interesting art/theme/mode ideas. Wierd Al would have been on this list, but there's already one of course.

#11 1 year ago

Older bands i'd love to see.......

ELO great music and the out of the blue artwork would fit pinball.
    Dire straits good stuff with lots of cool music videos for concept art and mode presentation.
    Pink floyd awesome. Just call it the wall and somehow get learning to fly incorperated.

New bands.....?

Snow patrol.
    Linkin park.
    Owl city
    Coldplay.

As swedish i wouldnt mind a roxette pin.
    I mean can canadians cry and cry for the terrible rush, why not.
    (I've really tried to like rush, but it's just so bad, with that super vierd singer and boring music. Im totally puzzled)

#12 1 year ago

How about that old dude that was recently in Stern's booth at Comic-con?

SDCC-2-1250x1536 (resized).jpgSDCC-2-1250x1536 (resized).jpg
    #13 1 year ago

Music pins need to take a break in my opinion, but if I had to pick something I'd say ZZ Top, Twisted Sister, Dethklok, Sabaton.

#14 1 year ago

Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Dio, Misfits, Motörhead.

Sorry, you said “newer” band. I like the Ghost idea but it would have to be Spooky that does it because I don’t think Stern would want to show blatantly anti Christian artwork. I really like Radiohead but I don’t think their music would make for a good pin.

#15 1 year ago

I do agree PalmettoPinworks - maybe just one musician theme pin every 12-18 months. Seems there’s just been a massive influx over the years to me atleast.

phishrace - maybe the visual ones could be “picked up” or licensed. Would be a starting point.

Frippertron - you think given Lemmy’s appreciation for pinballs one could be in the works.

I think as millennials and Gen Xers get more and more in to Pinball I think we will see some artists from the 90s. I wonder if it’s more of the artists not wanting to be involved with it.

#16 1 year ago

Great question!

-Tool
    -Rage Against the Machine
    -Green Day
    -Neon Dale

#17 1 year ago

WildRover - great list out of to my vote is for RATM. I think the messaging in their music would be a pretty cool pin experience.

I could just see a guerilla radio mini game. Not sure if it’d have a sewing machine or something though lol.

#18 1 year ago

Aesop Rock
    Run the Jewels
    NOFX
    Beastie Boys
    Bikini Kill/le Tigre/ Julie Ruin- just any Kathleen Hanna band
    Black Flag

#19 1 year ago

Please stern,,,

Screenshot_20220810-085036_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220810-085036_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #20 1 year ago

Oh man, I'd love to see either a GWAR themed pin or motionless in white. A man can dream..

ab6761610000e5eb58f2b24b02877506d74b612b (resized).jpegab6761610000e5eb58f2b24b02877506d74b612b (resized).jpeg
    #21 1 year ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Oh man, I'd love to see either a GWAR themed pin or motionless in white. A man can dream..
    [quoted image]

On that note, Ice Nine Kills could be interesting if you themed it around The Silver Scream I&II videos (as opposed to trying to get rights for all the movies/characters the songs are based on).

#22 1 year ago

Hayfarmer - I’m kinda surprised there isn’t a Jimi Hendrix now that you mention it.

I know my dad would appreciate a Pink Floyd one.

fisherdaman - my Bro In law would be all over Gwar and many others mentioned.

I would probably venture a guess candidates might need to be a chronicle or journey too. Like David Bowie went through so many phases, that could influence the game itself. When some of musicians have transformed over the years maybe you get more flexibility or maybe you get more resistance since fans might just be fixated on particular phase they like. Eminem would be a more modern example to me atleast.

#23 1 year ago

Gimme a My Bloody Valentine pin with some very high output speakers so I may blissfully go deaf while playing.

oCqio1jq_400x400 (resized).jpgoCqio1jq_400x400 (resized).jpg
    #24 1 year ago

This needs to be done ….period!

D940C9E2-4C9B-4A58-9060-0BEF98437A49 (resized).jpegD940C9E2-4C9B-4A58-9060-0BEF98437A49 (resized).jpeg
    #25 1 year ago
    images (resized).pngimages (resized).png
    #26 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

Orgy is one of the most underrated NuMetal bands from the 90s. I was obsessed with them in high school. It's a shame I was too young to go to Family Values 98. I had a VHS of it and it looked incredible. My parents probably would have carried me out kicking and screaming following Rammstein's set though lol

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

⬆️

100% Kkoss24 on the money

I’d throw in 20th anniversaries lollapalooza if it was me

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Woodstock ‘99 please!

ONLY if the game ends with the machine going up in flames.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

ONLY if the game ends with the machine going up in flames.

#31 1 year ago

Hayfarmer - I’m kinda surprised there isn’t a Jimi Hendrix now that you mention it.
    His music is still relevant today, on classic rock and hard rock stations. I really hope this is made at some point, but wishful thinkin

#32 1 year ago

I'd be happy if Stern would just run Metallica again.

#33 1 year ago

Ghost is probably the only band mentioned that is current, has recognizable iconography, and is mainstream enough to be on Jimmy Kimmel

da8f23105634041.5f7d7e3fd86f2 (resized).jpgda8f23105634041.5f7d7e3fd86f2 (resized).jpg
    #34 1 year ago
    Quoted from Emkay79:

I'd be happy if Stern would just run Metallica again.

It would be great if they ran it with Metallica's newer artworks from this year.

Screenshot 2022-08-10 at 16-13-59 Metallica on Instagram Yesterday’s poster from the gig in Belo Horizonte Brazil with art by @gScreenshot 2022-08-10 at 16-13-59 Metallica on Instagram Yesterday’s poster from the gig in Belo Horizonte Brazil with art by @g
    #35 1 year ago
    Quoted from _silverburst_:

you think given Lemmy’s appreciation for pinballs one could be in the works

60CDFEC2-8614-4462-B35D-75C7887AC182 (resized).jpeg60CDFEC2-8614-4462-B35D-75C7887AC182 (resized).jpeg
    #36 1 year ago

Please, no more music pins for say... 5 years. Darn fed up on them by now.

#37 1 year ago

- Smashing Pumpkins

Don't get me wrong, I was obsessed with them for basically the entirety of the 90's*, and I went to more than 20 of their concerts in North America and Europe. But as much as I loved their melodramatic, down-tempo, sad lonely shoe-gazing martyr version of 80's glam rock, I really don't think their music fits with pinball aesthetics at all.

* To quote Jimmy Chamberlin, "Yes, I look back with a cringe... but it's an appreciative cringe."

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Please, no more music pins for say... 5 years. Darn fed up on them by now.

Yeah. Music and pins... together, just totally sucks.

#39 1 year ago
    32256B4D-A2B8-47F6-99FF-426382BA6D6D (resized).jpeg32256B4D-A2B8-47F6-99FF-426382BA6D6D (resized).jpeg
    #40 1 year ago

Motley Crue is 4 decades old....not exactly new music

gettyimages-483251725-1553282024 (resized).jpggettyimages-483251725-1553282024 (resized).jpgvince-neil-1 (resized).pngvince-neil-1 (resized).png
    #41 1 year ago

cover.jpgcover.jpg

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

Don't get me wrong, I was obsessed with them for basically the entirety of the 90's*, and I went to more than 20 of their concerts in North America and Europe. But as much as I loved their melodramatic, down-tempo, sad lonely shoe-gazing martyr version of 80's glam rock, I really don't think their music fits with pinball aesthetics at all.
    * To quote Jimmy Chamberlin, "Yes, I look back with a cringe... but it's an appreciative cringe."

trecemaneras - I guess I was thinking of them because they are kinda whimsical and have a different style - does it for with pinball? Probably not but it would definitely be different!

#43 1 year ago

Lionel Ritchie
    Celine Dion
    Barbara Streisand
    Boxcar Willie
    and . . . wait for it,
    Slim Whitman
    9234CD25-6203-426F-A418-4893CAAD6801.gif9234CD25-6203-426F-A418-4893CAAD6801.gif
    Mind blown?

#44 1 year ago

I think a Monster Magnet pinball would be fun.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Lionel Ritchie
    Celine Dion
    Barbara Streisand
    Boxcar Willie
    and . . . wait for it,
    Slim Whitman
    [quoted image]
    Mind blown?

@mr_tantrum
    To be honest, no - if you look at the caliber of the names you mentioned why not? Barbara Streisand is a broadway legend for someone like my wife, who grew up singing and doing broadway shows, that would actually bring her in to pinball mode and be a bridge.

I do think you could throw Shania Twain or Madonna up there too. Madonna has her own slot machine. Again, I’d like to think Pinball is something that’s inclusive but probably won’t get as much critical mass though.

That said though, to echo some sentiments - there probably needs to be a slowdown of music pins. I agree there are too many.

I don’t think pinball and music can’t mix - I think they can but doing it in a way that’s tasteful or fun or appealing is the challenge.

#46 1 year ago

Mr_Tantrum
    To be honest, no - if you look at the caliber of the names you mentioned why not? Barbara Streisand is a broadway legend for someone like my wife, who grew up singing and doing broadway shows, that would actually bring her in to pinball mode and be a bridge.
    I do think you could throw Shania Twain or Madonna up there too. Madonna has her own slot machine. Again, I’d like to think Pinball is something that’s inclusive but probably won’t get as much critical mass though.
    That said though, to echo some sentiments - there probably needs to be a slowdown of music pins. I agree there are too many.
    I don’t think pinball and music can’t mix - I think they can but doing it in a way that’s tasteful or fun or appealing is the challenge.

Did I really need to add the sarcasm emoticon to my post? Just to be clear, a pin based off any of the artists I list (or pretty much any non-legend rock band IMO) would suck!

My way to sort of poke fun at these threads that keep occurring when the topic has already been discussed ad nauseum.

Also, for those who didn't get the reference, in the movie Mars Attacks they broadcast Slim Whitman music which causes Martian brains (i.e. minds) to explode (i.e. blown). If you appreciate cheeky sci-fi and haven't seen it before (or watched if for some time), then this movie is an absolute must for you.

#47 1 year ago
    Ramones_-_Ramones_cover (resized).jpgRamones_-_Ramones_cover (resized).jpg
    #48 1 year ago
    Quoted from lint:

[quoted image]

Ramones are a half-century old.

Very new, lol

#49 1 year ago

Musician themed lol

#50 1 year ago

Nu Metal will get its pin without a doubt .It’s a matter of when and what .Speaking honestly ,and with common sense the breakthrough pin…without a doubt should be ……

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-musician-themed-pins?hl=atari_daze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.