Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by hammet
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Nonagon_Infinity.png (resized).png
    0_File-picture-of-US-entertainer-Michael-Jackson-tes (resized).jpg
    Hollywood-replace01-1-768x860 (resized).jpg
    main-qimg-973accb6b8a18f819e00973b8c4075d3-lq (resized).jpg
    0FF6A9A1-E5B7-406F-B550-3D919F812043 (resized).jpeg
    Ramones_-_Ramones_cover (resized).jpg
    9234CD25-6203-426F-A418-4893CAAD6801.gif
    cover.jpg
    vince-neil-1 (resized).png
    gettyimages-483251725-1553282024 (resized).jpg
    32256B4D-A2B8-47F6-99FF-426382BA6D6D (resized).jpeg
    60CDFEC2-8614-4462-B35D-75C7887AC182 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2022-08-10 at 16-13-59 Metallica on Instagram Yesterday’s poster from the gig in Belo Horizonte Brazil with art by @g
    da8f23105634041.5f7d7e3fd86f2 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).png
    D940C9E2-4C9B-4A58-9060-0BEF98437A49 (resized).jpeg
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    0FF6A9A1-E5B7-406F-B550-3D919F812043 (resized).jpeg0FF6A9A1-E5B7-406F-B550-3D919F812043 (resized).jpeg
    #52 1 year ago
    Quoted from lint:

[quoted image]

Yes!

#53 1 year ago

I actually can't tell what part of that album cover is his name. Or is it her name?

#55 1 year ago

What we need is a great playing fun game that you can customise to whatever you want. Like a Spotify pin, pay as you go etc.....or use your own library like iTunes or something.

I guess I've been doing this to some degree for the last few years myself with my own pinsound mixes and rethemes but with the tech around now, like Pinsounds XL system I think it would be a great direction.

I don't even bother pressing start on a music pinball if I don't like the band which are probably 99% of the music pins ever made. Most of my music tastes wouldn't sit well in a pinball for me anyway.

I'm working on my next custom pin where I will be using specific music to match it...really enjoying the process.

Mr Tantrum...still trying to figure out if you aren't joking which is highly probable !

Actually, the more I think about it I think it is a great idea. Have a really good layout pin, user loads up their favourite bands music and images etc...even jukebox style...

I wouldn't be keen on dropping playfields in and out though.

#56 1 year ago

Band pins I’d like to see, albeit not all newer:
    *black sabbath/ozzy
    *alice in chains
    *prince
    *michael jackson
    *beck
    *ccr
    *dave matthews
    *nazareth
    *queen (unless PBB’s gameplay is great)
    *red hot chili peppers
    *prodigy
    *crystal method

#57 1 year ago

Mr_Tantrum

For what it’s worth I probably should have searched a bit more. I appreciate your time to post.

I do agree we can take a break from
    Musician themed pins. I was just kinda curious as to why some of the music I grew up wasn’t necessarily represented and what could be possible. My perspective is a little different cause I think it’s worth atleast considering other genres if it results in more players etc.

Side note - It’s funny in a sense because if we think about movies or video games the rights for various songs are bought but I don’t think that’s the case with Pinball right?

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from KJS:What we need is a great playing fun game that you can customise to whatever you want. Like a Spotify pin, pay as you go etc.....or use your own library like iTunes or something.
    I guess I've been doing this to some degree for the last few years myself with my own pinsound mixes and rethemes but with the tech around now, like Pinsounds XL system I think it would be a great direction.
    I don't even bother pressing start on a music pinball if I don't like the band which are probably 99% of the music pins ever made. Most of my music tastes wouldn't sit well in a pinball for me anyway.
    I'm working on my next custom pin where I will be using specific music to match it...really enjoying the process.

KJS - this is some next level thinking!! I think that’s solid notion you presented.

I always wondered some songs were not licensed akin to video games (probably due to cost). But take your idea one step forward and you can even have some mini games that have equalizer lights go off too.

Probably easier to do visual pins though.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from wyopin:

*michael jackson

A fun NAMBLA mode could be that you have to protect his star on the walk of shame.

At first, just from Brian Stimson taking a daily dump on it, but as the difficulty increases, from all out sledgehammer attacks.

main-qimg-973accb6b8a18f819e00973b8c4075d3-lq (resized).jpgmain-qimg-973accb6b8a18f819e00973b8c4075d3-lq (resized).jpg
    Hollywood-replace01-1-768x860 (resized).jpgHollywood-replace01-1-768x860 (resized).jpg
    0_File-picture-of-US-entertainer-Michael-Jackson-tes (resized).jpg0_File-picture-of-US-entertainer-Michael-Jackson-tes (resized).jpg

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

A fun NAMBLA mode could be that you have to protect his star on the walk of shame.
    At first, just from Brian Stimson from taking a daily dump on it, but as the difficulty increases, from all out sledgehammer attacks.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Hahaha I like it! Or you could make your way through the game as mj trying NOT to be a dirt bag

#61 1 year ago

Would need to be on short legs for the kids.....

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from wyopin:

Hahaha I like it! Or you could make your way through the game as mj trying NOT to be a dirt bag

I think you would progress through all the MJ stages of life (kinda like each Doctor Who)

First when he's black - then when he bleached himself white,
    When he has the giant nose - then when he has his nose removed (that was always a prosthetic he wore)
    When he marries Bubbles - then when the chimp decided he did not want to be touched by him anymore

The final drain shows an animation of Bubbles shaking his fist triumphantly in the air; as he outlived MJ

#63 1 year ago

You know what might be fun is a time hop of music pin.... ...from the 50's to now....kinda like the Pin version of The Evolution of Dance

Some combination of (whatever songs that were popular but cheap to license)
    the 50's could be Buddy Holly
    60s - Beach Boys/Righteous Brothers/The Turtles/and so on
    70's -
    80s - Beastie Boys (my only request)
    90s

and so on....the key would need to be variety - you get to pick your decade.

at the very least.... it would be different.

#64 1 year ago

DE time machine is on that sort of thing

#65 1 year ago

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is a dream theme. They have so many good albums, and tracks to choose from, so a compilation pin would be awesome, but I think their album Nonagon Infinity would make such a great machine. Just incredible modern psychedelic rock.

Nonagon_Infinity.png (resized).pngNonagon_Infinity.png (resized).png
    #66 1 year ago

Papa Roach would be a cool one for me. Just saw them last night so might be top of mind.

Why can’t we get a music event pin? Woodstock, family values been suggested. Has there ever been a pin on an event? Sure it would be a licensing nightmare but sure would be cool

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from aaron6920:

Papa Roach would be a cool one for me. Just saw them last night so might be top of mind.
    Why can’t we get a music event pin? Woodstock, family values been suggested. Has there ever been a pin on an event? Sure it would be a licensing nightmare but sure would be cool

Too many licenses.

But...what if you did it 90's style parody? The previously mentioned Woodstock 99 comes to mind.

You are the organizer/promotor in charge of keeping things rolling
    Time/Clock based like Funhouse / Mix of time / resource management (Sims/Rollercoaster Tycoon)
    As time progresses the different bands play their sets (modes) where you get the stage ready, hype the crowd, etc etc. Get actual songs done like Monster Bash.
    Your goals include things such as - up the price of water as much as possible, Keep the Kybos clean, sell food
    Wizard mode is of course "All Hell Breaks Lose" where you are running around putting out fires
    Tons of idea potential in there

Of course, no one would want it because it's not licensed...apparently.

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from DOOOMTRAIN:

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is a dream theme. They have so many good albums, and tracks to choose from, so a compilation pin would be awesome, but I think their album Nonagon Infinity would make such a great machine. Just incredible modern psychedelic rock.[quoted image]

People Vultures!

1 week later
    #69 1 year ago

Whoever said Ghost above nailed it. My 14y.o. daughter is into it and I’m actually taking her to a concert in a couple of weeks. The theatrics are just perfect for a game design. The makeup, costumes, imagery, and storylines are all there plus the catchy songs.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-musician-themed-pins/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.