Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by spoke
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0974 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1234 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1210 (resized).jpeg
    zapp-brannigan-619-386 (resized).jpg
    D4342995-D0D8-4328-93BC-238E1E425A6E (resized).png
    IMG_20200222_172738 (resized).jpg
    Futur04.jpg
    images.jpeg
    goodneweveryone.jpg
    1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_supe.jpg

#1 12 years ago

Hey guys i'm new here. Been a pin owner for 5 or so years now strange s ience was first then came a whirlwind n lastly a who dunnit. Just wondering what everyone would think about a futurama pin. I guess im just a fan n thought maybe some others would be to. There would be a wealth of story lines to pull from. i don't know just saw some similar talk on a couple other themes recently. Anyone else agree or am i on my own on this one.
    Kim

#2 12 years ago

Welcome to pinside Kim. I'm not to sure you'll find alot of support for a futurama pin here.

#3 12 years ago

I think it would be a fun pin. I guess someone already made a custom one.
    http://gizmodo.com/158455/futurama-space-3000-pinball-machine

#4 12 years ago

I'd purchase a Futurama pin sight unseen.

#5 12 years ago

yup
    1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_supe.jpg1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_supe.jpg

#6 12 years ago

i think anyone who likes the simpsons would be on board for futurama. i'd like a ren & stimpy pin but that'll never happen.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

agreed

and welcome Kim

#8 12 years ago

I love Futurama.

goodneweveryone.jpggoodneweveryone.jpg

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

Plus 2 on that. And I know for a fact that our very own nimblepin is harassing the powers that be about it for at least the last year. Pat Lawlor where are you?

#10 12 years ago

More like TWO years...
    Here was the original... (at least from this site. )

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/futurama-after-tron

C'mon Stern! Maybe by Christmastime?!?!?

images.jpegimages.jpeg

Or perhaps maybe my other suggestion???
    Just in time for Halloween 2012!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-simpsons-treehouse-of-horror-pinball

Both are 100% NIB for me...

#12 12 years ago

Make it happen Stern. It will look great next to my TSPP.

#13 12 years ago

tom.com..

This looks fantastic! Made from an old Superman? I would never have guessed that. That's really real? I wanna go to Washington and check that baby out.

#14 12 years ago

I would jump on it in an instant! Please listen Stern and JJP!! While I love the other shows, Simpsons, Family Guy ect. Futurama is far and above the best. So many great one liners. This one pops into my head: "That's the saltest thing I have ever eaten, and I once ate a whole bowl of salt!" P Fry.

#15 12 years ago

not enough broad appeal IMO

#16 12 years ago

Wow, Evan did a wonderful job there. Way above my skill set.

As far a not enough broad appeal, I guess I just don't think Stern is trying to hit too broad of market. Tron, yes there was a new movie and the fans of the original are probably in the target demographic, but I guess making a pin based on a movie would be similar to a pin based on a TV show, ie Family Guy, Wheel of Fortune.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

add me to that list too

#18 12 years ago

As much as I think I would never buy a sight unseen pin, this might make me change my mind.

My HTPC - bender
    Laptop - nibbler
    Desktop - farnsworth
    MAME - scruffy
    File server - leela

#19 12 years ago

I think Futurama would be a great pinball machine, but its time has passed for the majority of its fans. It's not viable any longer as a license for pinball, but yeah, it would be a good theme.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I think Futurama would be a great pinball machine, but its time has passed for the majority of its fans. It's not viable any longer as a license for pinball, but yeah, it would be a good theme.

...as opposed to ACDC and WOZ? I know what you're saying, though.

#21 12 years ago

Well, those two are fairly "timeless" in comparison. I personally am not too hot on either WoZ or AC/DC as themes personally, but I know worldwide they still have a strong enough pull.

I'm just upset that we never got our Ghostbusters pin.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

i'd like a ren & stimpy pin

ohhhhh yea! just think of the "log" mod

#23 12 years ago

Futurama's still going. They did their movies, they did 2 entirely new seasons, and there's still another 2 seasons to come. If it's not "big enough" for Stern or JJP, we'll just have to get Jpop to do it.

#24 12 years ago

I can see a Bender LE and a Leela LE for the game.

#25 12 years ago

I'd buy a Futurama pin.

7 years later
    #26 4 years ago

This is an old thread but still a great idea! There’s sooo much material to work with, so many great characters including Zap Brannigan! So many story lines and memorable (very funny) sayings...it seems like a no brainer. A pin that almost builds itself. Shoot, I’m having ideas about the set up while writing this post (like a lower level with the Robot Devil) and I’m not even trying. Somebody’s gotta do it. They would have to royally screw up to make it a bad pin...it’s so easy to make this a good one.

#27 4 years ago

I have at least heard of Futurama and passed by an episode once or twice. Heck if Mork and donkey or whatever it’s called Is being made there might be a chance.

1 month later
    #28 4 years ago

Come to think of it, Futurama has so many seasons and story arcs that it would be a challenge for designers to pack all that stuff in one pin. I think it's too complicated for Stern...maybe JJ can do it. Matt Groening licenses the crap out of The Simpsons, I don't think there would be too much trouble getting a licensing deal on Futurama.

1 month later
    #29 4 years ago

With the success of Rick and Morty , somebody should do Futurma . I think there is a bit of Momentum getting behind this theme .

IMG_20200222_172738 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_172738 (resized).jpg
    #30 4 years ago

It's one of the licenced games for Deeproot !

#31 4 years ago

There is a rumour that they will have the prototype Futurama at TPF for people to play

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

and where is your proof?

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

It wouldn't worry me if DR made it , just as long it was done well .

#34 4 years ago

It has been said that the market is too limited for a Futurama pin because there is no European demand for it. That may be true. But I bet that if some smaller pinball manufacturer announced a run of 750 of these games they would sell out in about 4 hours. I would even let the bloodsuckers force me to join some ridiculous club just so they would take my money. (If DR doesn't have the license, Spooky should take this as a hint.) I just hope that some jerk doesn't buy the license and sit on it so no one else can make it.

#35 4 years ago

I heard someone else is at least starting a new homebrew futurama pin

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

So that means it will never see the light of day.

#37 4 years ago

I’ve been saying we need a Futurama pin since I first discovered pinball ! Tons of material , lots of great one liners , visually bright and fun ! I just don’t want to see a manufacturer skimp on it and rush it out the door to make a buck - ie the Calculon model - “ I don’t do two takes . Splice in some reaction shots of me and shove it on the air . “
    I’d be a day one buyer - even if it was a stern which I said I’d never buy NIB from again .

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Hard pass. Stern would be a hard pass too.

#39 4 years ago

toyotaboy , maybe you re right !

D4342995-D0D8-4328-93BC-238E1E425A6E (resized).pngD4342995-D0D8-4328-93BC-238E1E425A6E (resized).png
    #40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Baboon:

toyotaboy , maybe you re right ![quoted image]

Looks great . Can't wait to see more .

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

tom.com..
    This looks fantastic! Made from an old Superman? I would never have guessed that. That's really real? I wanna go to Washington and check that baby out.

I think the quote is "Superman" 'Shell', or something. I looks to me a bit like an evolved TOTAN playfield. With the Rotating toy...

If that was a Superman playfield... well, Great Work!

4 months later
    #42 3 years ago

If JJP took Futurama and applied the same unlimited gameplay combinations as the Pirates version they made, then that would be one I would shell out 10-12k for it....no joke...and I'm not a scifi geek, I just think Futurama was way underrated and there are so many great characters and funny content. cue Zap Brannigan

zapp-brannigan-619-386 (resized).jpgzapp-brannigan-619-386 (resized).jpg
    #43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I just think Futurama was way underrated and there are so many great characters and funny content

I've been waiting a thousand years for a futurama pinball

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I've been waiting a thousand years for a futurama pinball

See what I mean..In that short video there are several sound bytes you can take like Bender:”...that qualifies as ill “. It can be used when a specific target is hit.

#45 3 years ago

Astonished that after 8 years only 45 posts on this topic... average of less than 6 posts per year?

What if this is in the pipeline somewhere after the RaM popularity... even though futurama wouldn't attract anywhere near the enthusiasm, it's still possibly worth it...

Maybe Stern? ... or personally I think it would be better if it turns out to be what is on the horizon from CGC/Spooky/Heck. ...

Tough act to follow though, given that futurama is pretty ordinary now when you put the show up against a unique class act like Rick and Morty.

2 years later
    #47 9 months ago

The Futurama game Evan K made in 2005 was given to me by his family when he passed away a few years ago, on the condition that I build the game (it was not working and taken apart/boxes when I got it) and not scrap it for parts. So I rebuilt it, keeping as much as I could of his original design while also upgrading all the boards and other electronics so I can eventually (like I’m currently coding this) have modes for deliveries and a full LCD screen.

It’s not a commercial game but it already works with scoring, lots of sound clips, and tons of toys and art. I haven’t posted about it here until now, but I just brought it out for its debut at the NW pinball arcade show this weekend, so I thought it was time to share a my progress on this and let anyone who remembers the original version from 2005 know that the dream lives on.

RIP Evan, I hope you’d be happy with what I’ve done with your machine and that it finally got to see the light of day and get played by people. ❤️

IMG_0974 (resized).jpegIMG_0974 (resized).jpegIMG_1210 (resized).jpegIMG_1210 (resized).jpegIMG_1234 (resized).jpegIMG_1234 (resized).jpeg
    #48 9 months ago

great that you are finishing the game. Would have loved to have seen this in that AP contest, Futurama needs to be made.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/futurama-pinball?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.