(Topic ID: 46975)

Futurama Pinball?

By Pinmeister

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hi.jpg
    IMG_2273_(800x533).jpg
    IMG_2278_(800x533).jpg
    IMG_2277_(800x533).jpg
    IMG_2269_(800x533).jpg
    IMG_2267_(800x533).jpg
    IMG_2306_(800x533).jpg
    faves.jpg
    Zoidberg.jpg
    hypnotoad.gif
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

It has been announced that Futurama will return this summer. How about a Futurama pinball? Sign me up for the Bender LE.

#2 11 years ago

not for me

#3 11 years ago

I'll take a Zapp Brannigan LE.

#4 11 years ago

I would buy unseen

#5 11 years ago

I'll take Bending Unit LE #22

#6 11 years ago

Bring on the nibbler mode !

#8 11 years ago

Futurama just seems like a perfect theme.Mechanical Bender dishing out the zingers.So many cool possibilities with that show.

#9 11 years ago

Would Love One.

#10 11 years ago

Been preaching for years. Borg loves it.

Hypnotoad mode. Custom Bender voice call outs and bash toy.

Funny thing, my kids (18 and 16) even mentioned it this week that a Futurama pin would rule !

hypnotoad.gifhypnotoad.gif

#11 11 years ago

No-brainer for me!
    Doc

#12 11 years ago

I would drop The Big Lebowski pin like a hot potato for a Futurama pin. I want a Zoidberg bash toy and Bender yelling out "Shut up Zoidberg!!"

#13 11 years ago

At least 75% of the licensed themes suggested on here don't appeal to me, but this one is definitely a good idea. Perfect pinball theme. So many ideas for toys... the ship, head in a jar, hypnotoad, doomsday device...

#14 11 years ago

I LOVE THIS THREAD!

#15 11 years ago

This would be such a no-brainer for me.

#16 11 years ago

Well, it's already been established that Stern reads pinside daily so it's a possibility, sortof, maybe, idunno.

#17 11 years ago

I think another company has already secured the license...

#18 11 years ago

I'd buy one NIB.

#19 11 years ago

either way> I would really like the theme.

#20 11 years ago

Would be such a great pin potentially. Hopefully the makers would shell out for the voices of ALL the main characters - I'm looking at you TSPP! An animated show would be ideal for an LCD display (either in the backbox or maybe in the pf) because the Futurama guys could do the animations themselves in conjunction with the game designers.

There could be a magnetic crane that picks up the ball and causes Bender to sing Country and Western songs. Maybe even have some transport tubes? Mutant lower pf? Lots of potential for ideas.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Do tell.

#22 11 years ago

I need a zoidberg LE in

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Well that sucks - that means it'll be another 5 years before we see it. I'd be all over a Futurama pin...shut up and take my money!

#25 11 years ago

I'm in!

Zoidberg.jpgZoidberg.jpg

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

Maybe even have some transport tubes? Mutant lower pf?

Love the lower PF idea.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I had the same thought.

#29 11 years ago

Based on the "5 years" comment I would guess (only a guess) JJP, but I don't see why he'd ever pick that theme. And I say that entirely because it's a theme I want, and no one does what I want.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

Based on the "5 years" comment I would guess (only a guess) JJP, but I don't see why he'd ever pick that theme.

Keith & Joe designed TSPP....Keith's a big Simpsons fan - I'm assuming he's a Futurama fan as well, and would be passionate about designing the game.

#31 11 years ago

True, but he'd still have to convince Jack that it's marketable. While I love Futurama, I do know it's kinda niche.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

True, but he'd still have to convince Jack that it's marketable. While I love Futurama, I do know it's kinda niche.

True...it's not as well known as The Simpsons - but to be fair, Futurama started airing in '99 and is still on the air with new episodes on Comedy Central. I think it could be really big amongst collectors, especially the ones who love TSPP. Since that was Stern's highest selling game, that's a pretty good market to go after. It might be a hair dated for locations....but, it's less dated than WOZ lol. Futurama art can be very attractive...I think the characters would draw attention in an arcade setting.

#33 11 years ago

I so wish this pin would be made as I would stick it right beside TSPP and Southpark and on the other side FGY and Shrek all pins I really enjoy and yes my kids do also. Maybe a little to much Southpark but they sneak and watch it on tv anyway. Amy and Leela would look great on this pin!

#34 11 years ago

You're talking to a guy who bothers to collect both Simpsons and Futurama comics! Hell, it's only in the Simpsons comics where a number of dialogue lines from TSPP began to make sense, since I've never heard them said on the show before!

I think Futurama lends itself very well to a pinball theme, what with toy possibilities, artwork, music, comedy, liklihood that Jack would spring for the ENTIRE cast to record custom audio... and you just know there's gotta be a black "dark matter" pinball!

The fact that there's probably significant crossover between Simpsons and Futurama fans is one reason why I keep shaking my head whenever someone suggests re-theming the TSPP layout as Futurama. Why the heck would anyone want to do that? You'd kill fans of MG who'd want both!

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

I so wish this pin would be made as I would stick it right beside TSPP and Southpark and on the other side FGY and Shrek

I so agree. I'd kick Rudy out into the garage and put Futurama between my two favorite games.

faves.jpgfaves.jpg

#36 11 years ago

Sign me up! Endless possibilities for innovation for this title. And it would have an enormous library of sound clips available.

#37 11 years ago

I would put my own money behind this, if I could talk Jack into it.

I want to have some pins I can share with my kids, that why the theme works for me and if past sales are an indication Stern had great success with Southpark and TSPP. I even bought a rare later run Southpark from with the Stern branding new in box 18 months ago. I have it in my newly remodeled man cave.

IMG_2306_(800x533).jpgIMG_2306_(800x533).jpg IMG_2267_(800x533).jpgIMG_2267_(800x533).jpg IMG_2269_(800x533).jpgIMG_2269_(800x533).jpg IMG_2277_(800x533).jpgIMG_2277_(800x533).jpg IMG_2278_(800x533).jpgIMG_2278_(800x533).jpg IMG_2273_(800x533).jpgIMG_2273_(800x533).jpg

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

True, but he'd still have to convince Jack that it's marketable.

Jack loved the Family Guy theme when Stern built it. I pre-ordered mine from him. Holy grail title.

#39 11 years ago

It would be great!

#40 11 years ago

"Good News Everybody" I hope I hear those words from a pin manufacturer .

hi.jpghi.jpg

#41 11 years ago

I hope these rumours are true that JJP has the futurama licence!

It would be amazing!

#42 11 years ago

I already preorder mine!

#43 11 years ago

A Futurama pin would be a fantastic concept!

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

I would put my own money behind this, if I could talk Jack into it.
    I want to have some pins I can share with my kids, that why the theme works for me and if past sales are an indication Stern had great success with Southpark and TSPP. I even bought a rare later run Southpark from with the Stern branding new in box 18 months ago. I have it in my newly remodeled man cave.

Is there any difference to the translite and Playfield on South Park late production

#45 11 years ago

Oh I'm in for a fr pin

#46 11 years ago

It will be given the abbreviation FutRam.

At least that is my abbreviation going forward.

#47 11 years ago

A solid theme.

#48 11 years ago

I would love this too. Comedy pins are awesome, and we have not seen one in quite a while

1 week later
    #49 10 years ago

Doesn't look like it will happen now, the show was just canceled (again).

#50 10 years ago

TBL then Futurama

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/futurama-pinball-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.