By pinballkim

4 years ago

Stats

• Started 4 years ago
  • 25 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinbob

Find posts in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

Uploaded by tomdotcom
Uploaded by NimblePin
Uploaded by TheDude
Uploaded by toyotaboy

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

#1 4 years ago

Hey guys i'm new here. Been a pin owner for 5 or so years now strange s ience was first then came a whirlwind n lastly a who dunnit. Just wondering what everyone would think about a futurama pin. I guess im just a fan n thought maybe some others would be to. There would be a wealth of story lines to pull from. i don't know just saw some similar talk on a couple other themes recently. Anyone else agree or am i on my own on this one.
    Kim

#2 4 years ago

Welcome to pinside Kim. I'm not to sure you'll find alot of support for a futurama pin here.

#3 4 years ago

I think it would be a fun pin. I guess someone already made a custom one.
    http://gizmodo.com/158455/futurama-space-3000-pinball-machine

#4 4 years ago

I'd purchase a Futurama pin sight unseen.

#5 4 years ago

yup
    1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_supe.jpg

#6 4 years ago

i think anyone who likes the simpsons would be on board for futurama. i'd like a ren & stimpy pin but that'll never happen.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

agreed

and welcome Kim

#8 4 years ago

I love Futurama.

goodneweveryone.jpg

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

Plus 2 on that. And I know for a fact that our very own nimblepin is harassing the powers that be about it for at least the last year. Pat Lawlor where are you?

#10 4 years ago

More like TWO years...
    Here was the original... (at least from this site. )

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/futurama-after-tron

C'mon Stern! Maybe by Christmastime?!?!?

images.jpeg

Or perhaps maybe my other suggestion???
    Just in time for Halloween 2012!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-simpsons-treehouse-of-horror-pinball

Both are 100% NIB for me...

#12 4 years ago

Make it happen Stern. It will look great next to my TSPP.

#13 4 years ago

tom.com..

This looks fantastic! Made from an old Superman? I would never have guessed that. That's really real? I wanna go to Washington and check that baby out.

#14 4 years ago

I would jump on it in an instant! Please listen Stern and JJP!! While I love the other shows, Simpsons, Family Guy ect. Futurama is far and above the best. So many great one liners. This one pops into my head: "That's the saltest thing I have ever eaten, and I once ate a whole bowl of salt!" P Fry.

#15 4 years ago

not enough broad appeal IMO

#16 4 years ago

Wow, Evan did a wonderful job there. Way above my skill set.

As far a not enough broad appeal, I guess I just don't think Stern is trying to hit too broad of market. Tron, yes there was a new movie and the fans of the original are probably in the target demographic, but I guess making a pin based on a movie would be similar to a pin based on a TV show, ie Family Guy, Wheel of Fortune.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

add me to that list too

#18 4 years ago

As much as I think I would never buy a sight unseen pin, this might make me change my mind.

My HTPC - bender
    Laptop - nibbler
    Desktop - farnsworth
    MAME - scruffy
    File server - leela

#19 4 years ago

I think Futurama would be a great pinball machine, but its time has passed for the majority of its fans. It's not viable any longer as a license for pinball, but yeah, it would be a good theme.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I think Futurama would be a great pinball machine, but its time has passed for the majority of its fans. It's not viable any longer as a license for pinball, but yeah, it would be a good theme.

...as opposed to ACDC and WOZ? I know what you're saying, though.

#21 4 years ago

Well, those two are fairly "timeless" in comparison. I personally am not too hot on either WoZ or AC/DC as themes personally, but I know worldwide they still have a strong enough pull.

I'm just upset that we never got our Ghostbusters pin.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

i'd like a ren & stimpy pin

ohhhhh yea! just think of the "log" mod

#23 4 years ago

Futurama's still going. They did their movies, they did 2 entirely new seasons, and there's still another 2 seasons to come. If it's not "big enough" for Stern or JJP, we'll just have to get Jpop to do it.

#24 4 years ago

I can see a Bender LE and a Leela LE for the game.

#25 4 years ago

I'd buy a Futurama pin.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.