By pinballkim

3 years ago

Stats

• Started 3 years ago
  • 25 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinbob

Find posts in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

#1 3 years ago

Hey guys i'm new here. Been a pin owner for 5 or so years now strange s ience was first then came a Whirlwind n lastly a WHO dunnit. Just wondering what everyone would think about a futurama pin. I guess im just a fan n thought maybe some others would be to. There would be a wealth of story lines to pull from. i don't know just saw some similar talk on a couple other themes recently. Anyone else agree or am i on my own on this one.
Kim

#2 3 years ago

Welcome to pinside Kim. I'm not to sure you'll find alot of support for a futurama pin here.

#3 3 years ago

I think it would be a fun pin. I guess someone already made a custom one.
http://gizmodo.com/158455/futurama-space-3000-pinball-machine

#4 3 years ago

I'd purchase a Futurama pin sight unseen.

#5 3 years ago

yup
1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_supe.jpg1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_supe.jpg

#6 3 years ago

i think anyone who likes The Simpsons would be on board for futurama. i'd like a ren & stimpy pin but that'll never happen.

#7 3 years ago
Sunfox said:

agreed

and welcome Kim

#8 3 years ago

I love Futurama.

goodneweveryone.jpggoodneweveryone.jpg

#9 3 years ago
Sunfox said:

Plus 2 on that. And I know for a fact that our very own nimblepin is harassing the powers that be about it for at least the last year. Pat Lawlor where are you?

#10 3 years ago

More like TWO years...
Here was the original... (at least from this site. )

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/futurama-after-tron

C'mon Stern! Maybe by Christmastime?!?!?

images.jpegimages.jpeg

Or perhaps maybe my other suggestion???
Just in time for Halloween 2012!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-simpsons-treehouse-of-horror-pinball

Both are 100% NIB for me...

#12 3 years ago

Make it happen Stern. It will look great next to my TSPP.

#13 3 years ago

tom.com..

This looks fantastic! Made from an old Superman? I would never have guessed that. That's really real? I wanna go to Washington and check that baby out.

#14 3 years ago

I would jump on it in an instant! Please listen Stern and JJP!! While I love the other shows, Simpsons, Family Guy ect. Futurama is far and above the best. So many great one liners. This one pops into my head: "That's the saltest thing I have ever eaten, and I once ate a whole bowl of salt!" P Fry.

#15 3 years ago

not enough broad appeal IMO

#16 3 years ago

Wow, Evan did a wonderful job there. Way above my skill set.

As far a not enough broad appeal, I guess I just don't think Stern is trying to hit too broad of market. Tron, yes there was a new movie and the fans of the original are probably in the target demographic, but I guess making a pin based on a movie would be similar to a pin based on a TV show, ie Family Guy, Wheel of Fortune.

#17 3 years ago
Sunfox said:

add me to that list too

#18 3 years ago

As much as I think I would never buy a sight unseen pin, this might make me change my mind.

My HTPC - bender
Laptop - nibbler
Desktop - farnsworth
MAME - scruffy
File server - leela

#19 3 years ago

I think Futurama would be a great pinball machine, but its time has passed for the majority of its fans. It's not viable any longer as a license for pinball, but yeah, it would be a good theme.

#20 3 years ago
jar155 said:

I think Futurama would be a great pinball machine, but its time has passed for the majority of its fans. It's not viable any longer as a license for pinball, but yeah, it would be a good theme.

...as opposed to ACDC and WOZ? I know what you're saying, though.

#21 3 years ago

Well, those two are fairly "timeless" in comparison. I personally am not too hot on either WoZ or AC/DC as themes personally, but I know worldwide they still have a strong enough pull.

I'm just upset that we never got our Ghostbusters pin.

#22 3 years ago
davewtf said:

i'd like a ren & stimpy pin

ohhhhh yea! just think of the "log" mod

#23 3 years ago

Futurama's still going. They did their movies, they did 2 entirely new seasons, and there's still another 2 seasons to come. If it's not "big enough" for Stern or JJP, we'll just have to get Jpop to do it.

#24 3 years ago

I can see a Bender LE and a Leela LE for the game.

#25 3 years ago

I'd buy a Futurama pin.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.