Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Where does everyone buy their fuses? Are these something I can pickup at Lowe’s or is it more of a specialty item? This is my first repair.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from uphillidaho:

Where does everyone buy their fuses? Are these something I can pickup at Lowe’s or is it more of a specialty item? This is my first repair.

I get most of mine from the local auto parts dealer. Some I've had to order.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from uphillidaho:

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Truck-Motorcycles-Boats-6x30mm/dp/B07HXWR8DQ

Home depot has them $4 for a 5 pack, but they dont always have what is needed. I keep a setlike this at home now, and do a specialty order if I need one I dont have.

Home Depot has stuff like 1,2,3,5,8,10,15 20 amp. You have to order the pinball needed .75, .25, 2.5 etc.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Home Depot has stuff like 1,2,3,5,8,10,15 20 amp. You have to order the pinball needed .75, .25, 2.5 etc.

Like I said most of the ones Home Depot etc. doesn't carry, auto stores do.

#5 3 years ago

There are also time delay / slow blow fuses. Typically you’ll find those at Electronics stores or online.

Where replacing fuses it’s important to use the correct style.

Also double check all the fuses in the machine against the manual. Often you’ll find the wrong ones installed because that is all the prior person had on hand. Very bad practice.

Friends don’t let friends overfuse. NEVER put in a larger fuse. Just don’t. If you don’t have the right size on hand then wait. If you cannot and need something for testing you could use the next closest lower value fuse with the understanding it may blow under the load. Could also temporarily sub a fast blow for a slow blow (but not the other way around)

The running joke for any non working game is that it is just a fuse. Seriously? It is extremely rare for a fuse to just fail. If it is blown it was because of an overload and it did it’s job to prevent further damage. So if a fuse is bad you’ve got other problems to find and address first.

People that overfuse end up causing a LOT more damage and that is where you see fires, burned up wiring, and torched components on boards. All easily avoided by the correct fuses.

#6 3 years ago

RadioShack.com, yes they still exist.

#7 3 years ago

TTI Inc has the best prices I can find if you are willing to buy boxes of 100. Common values are around 10-15 cents each.

AGC = fast blow
MDL = slow

MDL-3 = 3a slow
AGC-1-1/4 = 1.25a fast

https://www.ttiinc.com/content/ttiinc/en/apps/part-detail.html?mfrShortname=COB&partsNumber=BK-AGC-10-R&customerPartNumber=&minQty=100&customerId=

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I get most of mine from the local auto parts dealer.

Not ideal. Automotive fuses are typically rated for 32v and can spark if they blow in a circuit with more voltage than that.

Get the 250v rated fuses and you'll be covered for every circuit in a pinball machine.
https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html
Search for fuse

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

RadioShack.com, yes they still exist.

Yes RadioShack.com I bought when they had B1G1 and stocked up. Should have all the values I need.

#10 3 years ago

Pinball Resource has excellent prices on fuses:

http://www.pbresource.com/fuses.html

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Yes RadioShack.com I bought when they had B1G1 and stocked up. Should have all the values I need.

me too, but then I picked up an f14 and they use 2.5a fuses so I had to buy more.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Not ideal. Automotive fuses are typically rated for 32v and can spark if they blow in a circuit with more voltage than that.

The ones I buy are the exact type that come out of the machine. They (or the ones here) sell a wide variety of fuses.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 22.50
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fuses-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.