• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

hi all...

when i bought the pin, get quickly the F4 fuse (2.5A) of the powerdriverboard which blows, it command coils as the slingshots, the reset JAM targets, the hole eject on the right ramp...

having no 2.5A i did put a 3A on it and play without a prob until i could buy some new fuse, and of course put back in the 2.5A as told on the manual

yesterday, after getting my hi-score, i only get 2 knockers (instead of the usual 3), i forget about it thinking it was nothing important... and did not play more

today, wanna play a game, and than directly notice the F4 was blew again, then surelly the knocker coil is also on that line, and it blew yesterday after my hi-score (seems logical) !?

my son also report 2 times, that when setting on the pin, the knocker goes (this never happend to me)

than (i'm bad at repairing, correct me if needeed) :

- the knocker coil could have a prob, and thats my prob with the F4 blow fuse !?
- is it really (really) risky to put there a 3A instead of the 2.5A !?

... tanx

#2 9 years ago

It is never a good idea to over-fuse a circuit. How risky it is depends, but still not a good idea.

Get a 2.5 amp breaker and solder it across a bad fuse while you're figuring out the problem.

Go into solenoid test and see if you can reproduce the problem by firing the knocker coil. Check all of the other coils while you're at it.

Inspect the knocker coil and see if there are any loose wires, bare wires that might be shorting against something, etc.

#3 9 years ago

yep, was sure to get reply as it (better than : "no prob, put a 20A in it, its not risky at all" ! lol)
but i'm not usual with repairing, only playing... almost i can check that knocker coil as you've said, think i can do that, than/else will ask help from pin friends

tanx Terry

#4 9 years ago

Check wiring to all those coils affected. Any other wires or metal touching those sockets?

#5 9 years ago

will check asap (...)
if i found something i let you know
tanx again

1 week later
#6 9 years ago

(still not putted my hands IN the pin, but well ON the pin, told you i was a player not a operator)

ok, just beat my score for a small margin (snif & lol), but the most important is again, i blow the F4 fuse when should have the 3 knockers as only 2 goes, and yes, the fuse blowed

than, now we know that coil is (linked to) "my" prob, but why is this blowing with 3 knocks but not with 1... !?

will set the pin with 1 knock only everywhere, and see how it goes

tanx for reading
++

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
$ 69.99
£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 70.00
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fuseelectrical-prob-on-eatpm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.