8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by KenH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2015-11-07_19.19.41.jpg
    20151107_185220.jpg
    20151107_185155.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

Yes, if there is continuity through a fuse it is good.

#4 8 years ago

Does the game boot fine and try to start a game? If you kick the ball out by hand can you play everything else in the game? Did the game use to work for you and stopped or did you inherit this issue with the game?

I just want to make sure the problem is really localized to just this coil.

Also, using the service switches in the coin door put it in coil test mode. If all of the other coils fire then more needs to be traced. Starting with the wires in the plugs coming loose as the easiest issue to coil or the driving transistor.

#6 8 years ago

OK, well this is not good. If it was a working game that developed an issue we could narrow it down. But getting a non-working project is a different animal and a bigger project than just a simple check this or that. And you have a good change of making things worse. The fact that you found and underrate fuse means a previous owner did not care to do something right.

The white button you pulled out might be an Interlock switch. This shuts down certain high power lines when the coin door is open. The switch looks like a coin switch. Many are found cut or disconnected. I don't know why.

First, I hope you checked the CPU for any previous battery leakage and replace. The set the game to free play. While debugging a game you don't want to run out of credits the think the game id not coining up.

I'm not big on the Gottlieb System 3 games so I would start here http://www.pinrepair.com/sys3/ . But from the start before even turning the game on again I would go through and check every fuse. Continuity and Value. EVERY fuse. Bottom of cabinet, under playfield, on the boards . . . Make sure the holders grip the fuses nice and tight.

There might be a good guide to working your way through the system checking voltages at test points. First, get a manual. I don't have one for this game so I can't look up specifics for you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fuse-test?tu=taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.