• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CollageMaker_20180325_191855496 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hello.

I'm sure this is a no brainer but I bought fuse packs for my machines.

I've gone to do a full fuse swap on a cv restore but the fuses don't fully match. As it's a respected company im sure I'm missing something obvious due to my inexperience in electronics.

See this picture if the official recommended fuses vs what they sent me:

https://my.mixtape.moe/awmrep.jpg

I bought 2 packs of everything but still not enough.

As you can see there are alot more of one than another (not nearly enough t4.0a 250v).

I was wondering why this is and are some interchangeable ?

What am I missing here...

Thanks

CollageMaker_20180325_191855496 (resized).jpgCollageMaker_20180325_191855496 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from BallyWilliams:

Hello.
I'm sure this is a no brainer but I bought fuse packs for my machines.
I've gone to do a full fuse swap on a cv restore but the fuses don't fully match. As it's a respected company im sure I'm missing something obvious due to my inexperience in electronics.
See this picture if the official recommended fuses vs what they sent me:
https://my.mixtape.moe/awmrep.jpg
I bought 2 packs of everything but still not enough.
As you can see there are alot more of one than another (not nearly enough t4.0a 250v).
I was wondering why this is and are some interchangeable ?
What am I missing here...
Thanks

Looks like they gave you WAY too many 5 amp, and way too few 4 amp. Is this Marco? Just tell them. They're pretty good about owning their mistakes and making it right.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like they gave you WAY too many 5 amp, and way too few 4 amp. Is this Marco? Just tell them. They're pretty good about owning their mistakes and making it right.

Yes it is Marco but it took a month to come from America...so not happy of its a mix up. Could there be another reason?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from BallyWilliams:

Yes it is Marco but it took a month to come from America...so not happy of its a mix up. Could there be another reason?

I can't imagine what that other reason would be. You don't want to overfuse anything, so the extra 5a are useless to fill in all the missing 4a. These fuses aren't widely available in England? I'd just buy the 4a that are missing, tell marco for a credit and call it a day.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can't imagine what that other reason would be. You don't want to overfuse anything, so the extra 5a are useless to fill in all the missing 4a. These fuses aren't widely available in England? I'd just buy the 4a that are missing, tell marco for a credit and call it a day.

Ok thanks i will. Previously I couldn't source them all so maybe indivisuals.

#6 6 years ago

Sounds like a great business opportunity to just sell fuses.

#7 6 years ago

Looks like they just sent you a sampling of all the fuse sizes used in CV. Probably covers the bases for a basic fuse kit to keep with the machine.
However, The displays call out a T0.315 fuse (315mA fuses) for F601 & F602. The kit says GMA fast 0.3A fuses. Which should it really be -- fast or slow? Is the CV fuse list wrong? Or are the fuses in the kit wrong?

#8 6 years ago

Marcos kits are not supposed to be full replacements for every fuse. Just a sampling of everything in the game.

Why do you think it’s necessary to replace working fuses? I would think old fuses are “weaker” so they’d pop easier in theory? Someone with more fuse knowledge able to chime in?

I’ve checked all of mine in older pins but if they’re good I just shove them back in...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 37.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fuse-question-5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.