Fuse question

By NightTrain

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I just blew a fuse by one of the magnets in my LAH. Other things went down as well but I am assuming that the fuse is for multiple items. Anyhow, I've honestly never had to replace a fuse in my pins. What fuse do I need to buy? On one side it says "littlefuse USA" on the other side it says "311 3AG 4A 32V". I would have to believe that it would be a 32 volt 4 amp fuse? Where is the best place to buy fuses? Does anyone sell sampler packs so I can stock up? Would Radioshack carry these? I would hate to have to wait a week to play my LAH!

Would this fuse be correct (in 4 amps)?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3&parent=21

Thanks guys!

#2 11 years ago

One more ? What would be the difference between a slow blow and fast blow fuse? Do pins all use slow blow? I just don't wanna put the wrong fuse in and fry any wiring.

#3 11 years ago

First I would check the manual to make sure this is the correct rated fuse no matter what you just took out.. Never know what someone else just happened to have on hand and stuck in there as an replacement.
I know Radio Shack carries that size 4A 32 Volt. I think even Walmart and auto part stores have them..

Bill in Indiana

#5 11 years ago

Thanks bill. I looked through the manual and couldn't find anything on fuses. Maybe I'm blind.

#6 11 years ago

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1416/Data_East_1993_Last_Action_Hero_Manual.pdf

It's on the 1st page after the cover right before the table of contents. Looks like the only 4 Amp fuse used is F8 for the 50V coils..

#7 11 years ago

Most machones have the fuse chart in the backbox also.

#8 11 years ago

Got it. Thanks!

#9 11 years ago

Does this happen when you are playing or when it's turned on? Did you replace any coils recently?

Which fuse is it? F8? If so, it's for some of the 50v coils. The manual sucks, can't tell.

Check the fuseholder clips. They are poorly made on DE games. Cold solder and breaks.

Also, before you replace that fuse. Lift the playfield and do a visual inspection. Sounds like you have a short. You need to fix the problem because you'll keep blowing that fuse.

F8 does not fuse the flipper coils or slingshots, so you can skip that area. For starters, check the ball launcher and right scoop. Look for shorted switches, shorted coil wires, shorted diodes leads over the lugs. Move you way through the rest of the coils.

#10 11 years ago

Radio shack is one of the cheaper places to get fuses.

#11 11 years ago

It's the fuse that runs the slingshots, drop targets, and left scoop. I can't seem to find a fuse "map" anywhere. Fuse chart... Got it, but how would I know what fuse is where!?

I'll replace the fuse tonight and see what happens. If it blows again, there's an obviously problem. I looked most everything over and didn't see anything pointing a gun at me. I guess I'll find out tonight.

#12 11 years ago

You must be talking about F5, 5 amp slo-blow 34vdc. According to the manual, it runs the "slings, bob pumpers, etc". Probably got a short on those switches or coils or someone put a 4 amp in it's place. That's my guess. See how it goes, might have to dive deeper if that all checks out.

#13 11 years ago

Problem solved. Replaced fuse F5 and we are good to go! Thanks for the input guys!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fuse-question-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.