• Latest reply 2 years ago by Tuukka
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

InkedInkedpinball_LI (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I'm in the process of restoring a Williams Dealer's Choice. The machine will make a humming sound when turned on, but none of the bulbs will turn on. I'm starting with the fuses, and I replaced all four show below (not currently shown). Fuses 1, 2, and 4 didn't blow when I turned the machine on, but fuse 3 did. Does anyone know what this fuse might control and why it might keep blowing?

InkedInkedpinball_LI (resized).jpgInkedInkedpinball_LI (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

That is a 24V fuse for coils and relays. Your lights will not turn on because the lock relay needs to be energized (by left flipper button or starting game) to enable lamps. But if 24V fuse is open, lock relay will not operate.

You have a short, or shorted coil somewhere on the 24V line. Check for burnt or brown coils and if you find one, try to find out why it is constantly energized.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fuse-keeps-blowing-on-dealer-s-choice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.