6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Otaku
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I encountered a weak fuse holder on one of my EMs, so I did an Amazon search and came across a fuse holder that uses the new style fuses. Is this a viable alternative to the classic fuse holders? as a side benefit, the fuses are very inexpensive.

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

I encountered a weak fuse holder on one of my EMs, so I did an Amazon search and came across a fuse holder that uses the new style fuses. Is this a viable alternative to the classic fuse holders? as a side benefit, the fuses are very inexpensive.

How is your fuse holder weak? I only replace fuse holders if the housing has fissured at the screw or one of the clips is broken. If neither is the case, a pliers can be used to pinch the clips to tighten their grip on the fuse.

#3 6 years ago

I had to resolder one of the wires, so I was thinking since it's 40+ yrs old, it might make sense to replace?

#4 6 years ago

I generally use Bussmann BK/S-8001-1-R (with flat solder lugs) or BK/S-8002-1-R (with angled solder lugs) holders in older games.

#5 6 years ago

I use Littelfuse # 354601-GY-354 Omni-Blok series:

http://www.littelfuse.com/products/fuse-blocks-fuseholders-and-fuse-accessories/fuse-blocks/354-omni-blok/354601_gy.aspx

These are also available to buy locally at auto parts stores and even at Radio Shack.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

I had to resolder one of the wires, so I was thinking since it's 40+ yrs old, it might make sense to replace?

How is the game performing after you resoldered the fuse holder?

#7 6 years ago

Yep Oreilys autozone same one PBR sent me

#8 6 years ago

Just go to your local Radio Shack and buy the correct size fuse-holder and save yourself and the future owner down the road some headache. They even sell fuses too, although not ALL sizes. (I was surprised they even had some of the higher amp ones only really found in EMs)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fuse-holder-upgrade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.