(Topic ID: 238417)

Fuse F104 keeps blowing. Need help please.

By Johnnys

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Johnnys
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dumbass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Johnnys:

I did find the violet-orange wire melted to one of the ground brown wires in the circuit so I cut and repaired those but fuse still blows.

Do you have any photos of the issue prior to and after repair? It might be good to see what was there and what is there now.

If the fuse blows without any of the solenoids actually firing then you most likely have a short to ground in the playfield wiring.

Quoted from Johnnys:

PS. If I remove j107 and J127 I can power on and everything but coils 9-16 seem to work ok.

This doesn't seem to make sense to me. J107 is solenoid power (for ALL solenoids) and J127 is low current drive (solenoids 9-16). If you remove those plugs then no solenoids should work. Can you clarify?

Quoted from Johnnys:

Also, I noticed on power on that the 3 LED D19, D20, D21 seems wrong. I read that 1st D19 should come on for a quick second with d21 and then D19 should go off and D20 should blink. Well D19 never comes on but D20 does blink constantly and D21 remains on ok. Just wanted to mention that as well.

This sounds like D19 on the CPU board is not working.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Johnnys:

When I plug in j107 and leave j127 off then only 9-16 do not work.
Im running out of fuses so I only tried powering on without j107/j127 hooked up and thats when I do not blow a fuse at F104 which is a 250v 3A SB fuse that pops during the first 5 or 6 seconds I'd say when the machine is going through its testing at start up while both j107 and j127 plugged in...

Try connecting J107 but leave J127 DISconnected. If the fuse still blows then you have a direct short somewhere in the VIO-ORG daisy chain of wires in the playfield. If it doesn't blow then you've got a short somewhere on the other side (J127). I don't think it's the second case because a solenoid would actually fire when you power on that would cause the fuse to blow. It's more likely you have a short in the VIO-ORG wires.

If that is the case then you'll need to trace the wire in the bundle of wires to see if there's any obvious place where the insulation is missing or there's an errant connection to ground. Another thing you can try is to lift the playfield up and power on. Sometimes a wire touches a part that is connected to the ground braid throughout the cabinet and that's your short. If it blows with the playfield down but NOT with the playfield up then it's positional depending on the playfield and that should help you locate the problem.

That's where I'd start.

Finally ... if you want to rule out your driver board you can swap the board from your Party Zone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dumbass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fuse-f104-keeps-blowing-need-help-please-?tu=dumbass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.