• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by nsmith
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I just recently had to 1\10 amp fuses blow on my big guns and I am having a hard time finding replacements. I did find some 1/8 fuses, and was wondering if I could use these instead of the 1\10

#3 10 years ago

Not to state the obvious but have you checked under 100mA instead of 1/10A? Probably more common to see it this way. I don't know the game well enough to know if you can go up to 125, but that is a 25% increase so it's worth finding out for sure.

What's the physical size? Maybe this one?

http://www.allfuses.com/bussmann-gmc-100ma?gclid=CI7DzeLVxLkCFZA-Mgod3XIAEA

#4 10 years ago

this is for a Big Guns. these are 100 mA 3AG MDL.

the one at all fuse is too small
this is the problem I have encountered, they are either too small, fast blow, or wrong amperage. Big Daddy enterprise has been the closest I have found so far with the 125 mA. I found a place over in Hong Kong that makes them but shipping is over a month!

Heck at this point I would even consider ceramic, but cant find them either

#5 10 years ago

oh,

and a few other places I have found are out of stock

#6 10 years ago

does anyone know what these two fuses actually do? I cant find any information in the manual that tells me what purpose they actually have. They seem to be for the display board, but I cant find anything to confirm that.

#7 10 years ago

Product ID: MDL-1/10
Fuse, 3AG, 0.1 Amp, Slow

http://www.greatplainselectronics.com/Category-126.asp

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

does anyone know what these two fuses actually do? I cant find any information in the manual that tells me what purpose they actually have. They seem to be for the display board, but I cant find anything to confirm that.

They are for the display. If its blown your score displays will not work. If you replace them and they blow again you either have a short in the display, bad UDN chip or some other problem in the HV power chain.

viperrwk

#9 10 years ago

got the fuses on order, emailed big daddy enterprises and they are ordering the correct fuse for me and will start carrying them on their website as well.

Viperrwk, thank you, yes those are the fuses for the display. I blew the fuses when I inadvertently unplugged the power connector to the displays to fix an issue while the power was on, my bad.

on a positive note, the power supply is fine and there are no shorts in the path

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fuse-blown-can-not-find-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.