(Topic ID: 218184)

Fuse and transistor for Left sling? Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball BBBB

By wrd1972_PinDoc

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

The left sling is dead I cant seem to determine the fuse and transistor being used. I have referred to the service manual but I am seeing conflicting info for the transistor and no specific reference to the fuse. Maybe I am reading it wrong.

Might somebody be able to determine?

Thanks

#2 5 years ago

Software will tell you. Go to Tests - Coils - stop left sling. Hit that start button, then start hitting the + diagnostic button. This steps you through coil, wiring, drive transistor, fuse, connector info.

Unless you have other coils not working, forget the fuse. And unless the coil is fried, probably not the transistor.

Most likely a broken wire at the coil, carefully dig around the thin wires going from the coil to the lugs, they can be cracked or broken and hard to see, or following the same color wires a wire came off of another coil where you have two wires to one lug.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Software will tell you. Go to Tests - Coils - stop left sling. Hit that start button, then start hitting the + diagnostic button. This steps you through coil, wiring, drive transistor, fuse, connector info.
Unless you have other coils not working, forget the fuse. And unless the coil is fried, probably not the transistor.
Most likely a broken wire at the coil, carefully dig around the thin wires going from the coil to the lugs, they can be cracked or broken and hard to see, or following the same color wires a wire came off of another coil where you have two wires to one lug.
LTG : )

Right,and be sure the power is off when digging into those wires and coils

#4 5 years ago

Did you try my Tech Chart?
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Bally_Bugs_Bunny_Tech_Chart.pdf

Let me see....
Solenoid 18 Left Slingshot is Special Solenoid #2, which is Q71.
Q71 is a TIP102.

Fuse is F1 (2.5A slo-blo) on the Aux. Power board.

Peter

#5 5 years ago

Excellent tech chart.

Ended up being a wire off of the sling switch. It was certainly well hid. But its up and running.

Thanks guys.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Boards
PinSound

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fuse-and-transistor-for-left-sling-bugs-bunny-birthday-ball-bbbb?hl=cycloneman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.