Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Dmod
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I had a bad u20 that I just replaced and everything seemed to play great. Now when I get multi ball going it blows fuse 116 and the flippers stop working and the optos start popping away as if there is a ball in them. I don't get any reading on the display when I turn the game on because it is a color dmd and It is not on when 116 is blown. Could I have cooked another ic when u20 got cooked? If so does anyone know which one? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance all.

#2 10 years ago

F116 is the unregulated 12V supply. It supplies power to both the ColorDMD and the hologram motor. If you have any LED strips or toppers hooked up to the 12V supply, it's also pulling current from here. When you hit multiball, the hologram motor is kicking on and causing the fuse to blow.

A stock game with a ColorDMD shouldn't have a problem with the 12V supply unless you have a failing bridge or capacitor (or the solder connections/traces between the bridge/cap are starting to fail). Please measure the voltage at TP1. It should be over 13V with the ColorDMD disconnected. With the ColorDMD connected, it will typically drop by about 0.5V.

Not sure about the issues with U20. I'd have to look at what this drives.

Randy

#3 10 years ago

I have had the same thing happen to mine (no colorDMD though) and in the little research I have had time to do suspect its the bridge and or capacitor as described above. I haven't had time to fix it yet. The hologram lamp is also run off the unregulated 12v, I did replace the 1156 hologram lamp with a led flasher (thinking the decreased load would help) this seems to work until I am able to repair the board (two weeks no fuse blown).

#4 10 years ago

Could be unrelated but I screwed my Shadow up messing with the DMD connectors and was blowing fuses. Turned out to be the rectifier diode went bad which is the root of a lot of issues. Do not know the exact id on the board but I had to order

KBPC3506W Bridge Rectifier - 35amp 600volt

#5 10 years ago

Problem solved. My hologram light was once replaced with a pinbits 20 watt halogen lamp that went bad and the one I replaced it with was a 50 watt by mistake. Also the hologram motor seems to be going south,so the combo of both on the 12 volt was too much draw. Thanks to all for your input.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it worked out!

Randy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 24.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fuse-116-blowing-on-my-cftbl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.