(Topic ID: 2998)

Funspot - NH ... any decent games?

By ddbowdoin

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

I am down in Boston... kind of new to the whole pinball world, so take it easy on me!

Was wondering if any members from the New England area have been to funspot? I haven't been there in ages and was curious if it was worth the trek if there were any good pins?

#2 13 years ago

I've read that Funspot kind of sucks for pins these days. They don't have nearly as many as they used to, and the ones they have are not in great shape.

#3 13 years ago

thanks for the heads up, have you checked out the pinball wizard arcade in pelham NH? It's right over the MA border, probably 5 minutes outside of Lowell.

#4 13 years ago

The Pinball wizard is the place to go...I was there a few weeks ago.

You will find that none are as fun as the ones in your own home....I found myself wanting to leave to go home and play mine.

#5 13 years ago

I spent a good three hours there on Sunday... good times.

I love...

Who Dunnit'
    Black Hole
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Adams Family
    FunHouse
    LOTR

#6 13 years ago

I spent a good three hours there on Sunday... good times.

I assume you are talking about The Pinball Wizard, not Fun Spot.

#7 13 years ago

sorry gween, yes... pinball wizard. I wish it were closer, its about a 50min drive.

4 years later
    #8 8 years ago

Anyone been to Fun Spot recently and if so, can you update the pinball situation there. Thanks in advance

#9 8 years ago

Pinball Wizard rocks! Much better for pins than Funspot and they have a lot of arcades too. If you hit Pinball Wizard be sure to hit Suppa's for a meal next door.

#10 8 years ago

Wow, I literally just thought of that place like 20 minutes ago!

Here's what I've heard through the grapevine about that place (keeping the source of this info removed).

1) They removed their mediocre outdoor mini golf course and made it indoors in a room and it's now as much fun as mini golf on your living room carpet, hitting off of scattered books into a solo cup.
    2) Their pinballs have decreased in number (purely based on this person's memory of what he recalls from ~5 years ago).
    3) (From another source) Their pinballs don't appear to get regularly serviced, so you don't know if you're playing a malfunctioning game until it's too late.

Again, all word of mouth, but this is what I've heard over the last few weeks. It's a bummer because this morning I was thinking of taking my son camping up in that area and thought of making the trek over to Funspot to see what it's become. I personally haven't been there in 10 years.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Pinball Wizard rocks! Much better for pins than Funspot and they have a lot of arcades too. If you hit Pinball Wizard be sure to hit Suppa's for a meal next door.

Yup. PWA is on a different level based on my countless times there vs. what I've heard about Funspot.

And Suppa's is legit. I used to live next to their original location in Lowell before they sold that place and moved shop next to PWA. In college we thought it was the worst thing ever. Now that it's next to PWA, I love it!

Cherry Bomb sub all day, everyday. Marinated steak in a sweet bbq sauce, made into a steak and cheese with diced jalepenos and topped with tomato sauce. You'll never need anything else in life.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

And Suppa's is legit. I used to live next to their original location in Lowell before they sold that place and moved shop next to PWA. In college we thought it was the worst thing ever. Now that it's next to PWA, I love it!

I think the guys you're talking about sold Suppa's maybe 3 months ago. The name is the same. The food isn't as good but is still decent.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yup.
    And Suppa's is legit. blockquote>

Every time I make the pilgrimage down to the pinball wizard I have to stop at Suppas. I love that place. Also, there is a Brazilian steakhouse in Manchester that does a killer brunch on Sundays. All the steak you can eat for like 15 bucks or so.

#14 8 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, I always enjoy PWA but was looking for a little road trip that was more scenic! Any other suggestions besides L&G and PWA where it would be a nice cruise on the motorcycles??

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from msj2222:

Thanks for the feedback, I always enjoy PWA but was looking for a little road trip that was more scenic! Any other suggestions besides L&G and PWA where it would be a nice cruise on the motorcycles??

We have two cool spots up here in VT. We have Tilt which is a barcade and the Pinball Co-op. Both places are near Burlington VT. Rt 100 is a good cruising rd.... Plus we have the best beer in New England.

4 years later
    #16 4 years ago

Listen to our latest podcast and determine for yourself the condition of their games.

The Classic Pinball Podcast

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funspot-nh-any-decent-games?hl=nhpolarbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.