(Topic ID: 262462)

Funny Trade/Pinball prices

By Md2020

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I want to start by saying how much I love pinside!
    Entertainment/information/drama-Pinside has it all!
    Anyway, I’m selling a pin locally. I spent time bringing it up to snuff and feel like I have it priced fairly considering my location and the work put into it.
    I had a guy offer to trade me an early 50’s bingo machine. He is attempting to sell this at the same price I have my machine at.
    This brings me to prices;
    I come here to check value whenever there’s a pin for sale locally that interests me. I know that something is worth what anyone is willing to pay for it. However, it seems like everything here is worth, on average, 400-500 more than the max value. Even on a machine that is in sub-players condition.
    I guess I wanted to see what the thoughts were on this. Either way, my machine is fun enough and I’m willing to “sit on it” until the right buyer comes along.

#2 4 years ago

There are a few bingos that are considered collectible, but most sell for $50-100. I do nationwide pinball searches and I see bingos up for sale across the country, sitting unsold for months, yet pins priced fairly sell quickly. Why would you want to trade a working pinball machine for a non-pinball game that’s worth less and incredibly difficult to sell/trade?

#3 4 years ago

Not into bingos. If you sell a pin fairly priced you'll get tons of offers. If you sell a pin on pinside and tell people you accept trades you get pin and arcade trade offers. If you put a pin up for sale on Craigslist/Facebook you get... well... other things.

I recently listed a Fish Tales on Pinside/Facebook/Craigslist. I had over 40 offers within a week

Here is the ad https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-loaded-ampamp-super-nice-trades-welcomed

Here are the "offers"

1. $4,000, but required shipping

2. Initial D Twin drivers arcade and cash

3. Super nice Mame in cabinet to scary for my kids and cash.

4. $3,500 plus I deliver 4 hour round trip.

5. $3,500 plus I ship it.

6. $3,600 plus I ship it.

7. NBA fast break plus Golden Tee 2007

8. HUO Terminator 3 plus Golden Tee 2007

9. Hook plus Golden Tee 2007 plus cash

10. Elvis, the Pin

11. TNA for Fish Tales plus cash TBD

12. $2,800 plus Golden Tee Complete 2005

13. Sample Earth-Shaker

14. Batman Forever

15. Indiana Jones for Fish Tales plus cash TBD (and shipping)

16. Attack From Mars LE for Fish Tales Plus Cash

17. Restored Flash Gordon

18. Monster Bash Original for Fish Tales plus Cash

19. $3700 Cash

20. $2900 plus Golden Tee Complete 2005

21. Golden Tee 2016 plus cash TBD

22. Junkyard

23. Flintstones plus $600

24. $3300

25. Stern Pirates (plus shipping)

26. $3200

27. $3500

28. A very crappy looking golf cart

29. $2300

30. 4 Arcade 1 Ups

31. $2,700

32. $300, a Revenge From Mars with RFM and SWE1

33. $1,200

34. $3,700

35. Walking dead plus cash from me

36. Demolition man

37. No Good Gofers and cash from me

38. $5000 in suspect Best Buy "Store Credit" Lolz Craigslist

39. $500

40. A couple of very nice looking kayaks and a bicycle.

The end result is that I went with someone who offered me the equivalent of $3,600 in cash and arcade trade (got my Golden Tee delivered) and came in person to test, pay cash, and load his vehicle with my help.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funny-trade-pinball-prices and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.