You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
repoman_(resized).png
#1 8 years ago

I've been playing my new ST-Pro for the last 5 days . The other games haven't even been turned on since ST came in the house. Tonight my daughters boy friend turns on my Whirlwind and begins a game. I glance over and freak out, the damn GI is out! , Wait, I see some GI LED's lit, wait a minute, 1,2,3,4,... hell , they are all on , puzzled :-/ I call my wife, look at this game and tell me if the GI's look right to you, yep, its like it always looks.

These new pins make the older ones look so dark, even with the LED conversion. Or maybe , ST is just a very bright game compared to some other newer Sterns.
Thought for a minute my whole GI was out, isn't that funny, bout went to pulling off the translight to get in the back

JP

#2 8 years ago

Gary says bright games earn more.

#3 8 years ago

From what I hear the new GoT is even brighter with a crazy light show. Hoping to find one to play soon. I hear you though. Once you get used to the newer led lights, the older ones look really dim. Love my Stern ST

#4 8 years ago

Sounds like you may be going blind from too bright LEDs.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Gary says bright games earn more.

Yea, well it sure did make me go from no Stern pins or even the slightest desire to own one, to one in my basement 2 weeks after I saw a ST-Pro. I played a ST in a bar, and couldn't hardly pry myself out of there, love at first sight!
I think Gary is on to something

#6 8 years ago

It's because Star Trek has all that lens flare.

But yeah, I have my pinbot with leds next to ST. And it looks dark. And I even changed some bulbs in ST to frosted to tone it down a bit

Same here. I never really desired a Stern pin. But a week or two after ST was released I played it. I bought my first NIB a few weeks later. Star trek has flow like no other pin I have ever played. That's what hooked me.

#7 8 years ago

I noticed that with a friends collection
Most are new Sterns and WPC 95 with LEDs
He has one sys 11, which looks dark, and a Capxom that looks like it has not even been turned on

#8 8 years ago

Just like the trunk in Repo Man. Face melting GI.

repoman_(resized).pngrepoman_(resized).png

#9 8 years ago

That's funny. I have played DE Star Wars for years and loved the game. Then recently my friend picked one up and I kept saying to my friend its too dark. After looking his and another in a arcade, it was a bright as it ever was and I got spoiled from Stern's GI.
I love how brightly lite they are.

#10 8 years ago

Check the GI connector to see if it's burned.

#11 8 years ago

I've swapped out a few of the clear white LEDs on my Mustang for frosted blue ones to tone down the brightness a bit.

#12 8 years ago

OP, do you have some pictures to share?

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

These new pins make the older ones look so dark, even with the LED conversion

Sterns have progressively gotten brighter. I just picked up a CSI last week that still has incandescent bulbs everywhere, and it's still nearly as bright as my system 11 pins that have LED's (it'll really pop once I get it LED'd). Seems like AC/DC and metallica were the big jump where things really took a jump in brightness.

#14 8 years ago

Same observation here. When we got MET, my kids and I could not believe how bright it was. We got used to it after playing it non stop and when I decided to quit ignoring the other games, holy cow...AFM seemed like an antique.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

I've been playing my new ST-Pro for the last 5 days .

It's the brightest goddamn game around.

1 week later
#16 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg
Sorry for the delay, here is the picture of the game on, not great pictures, but is just what I had on my phone ,
JP

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funny-story-happened-to-me-tonight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.