Linked Games

• BMX Bally, 1982

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th (resized).jpg
AlBundy-shootme (resized).jpg
Shootmenow (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

Back in September I won an Ebay auction by Mikepin for a Bally BMX Backglass I really needed for a machine I had. One of the main reasons I bought the machine was because the Glass was available and I was willing pay whatever it took to win the auction.

I win the auction for the opening bid price of $300 and I'm stoked. Then I get a message from Mike saying it was sold earlier, his girl relisted it by mistake, he was sick, here's a refund.

I took the high road and didn't leave him negative feedback even though a couple of people told me that's how he operates & he probably didn't get what he thought it was worth.

Now 90 days has passed, I can't leave feedback anymore and surprise! it's relisted here and on EBay for $375. Hey Mike, if you wanted $375 you should have just listed it for that. I would have paid it.

Buyer beware...

#2 7 years ago

Mike had a backglass for my City Slicker I wanted on ebay and instead of trying to buy it through ebay I just called him. I ended up asking him if he had any other parts for it and he had the bottom cab with everything in it. He held it for me for a couple of weeks till Expo. There's a thread with his phone number. Here's a link...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mike-pacak-contact-info

If you still want it, don't be afraid to buy it. Deals fall through all the time and may have been what happened for him. It's better to deal with him directly if you want something. To me, Ebay's just an advertisement for his business. Call him. He may have more parts that you will want.

#3 7 years ago

I agree 100%. Have bought a few extremely hard to source items from Mike Pacak, an NOS Harlem Globetrotters playfield and NOS No Good Gofers back glass, to complete restoration projects or add decor to our family game room. He is reasonable with his pricing and a very knowledgeable individual.

#4 7 years ago

If he has any sort of credibility, he would have contacted Butch and said its available again, my screw up from before on your winning bid, just send me 300.00 and I'll ship it out to you.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Mike had a backglass for my City Slicker I wanted on ebay and instead of trying to buy it through ebay I just called him. I ended up asking him if he had any other parts for it and he had the bottom cab with everything in it. He held it for me for a couple of weeks till Expo. There's a thread with his phone number. Here's a link...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mike-pacak-contact-info
If you still want it, don't be afraid to buy it. Deals fall through all the time and may have been what happened for him. It's better to deal with him directly if you want something. To me, Ebay's just an advertisement for his business. Call him. He may have more parts that you will want.

Umm sounds like he did buy it, By committing to his auction and winning the bid. Sounds like BS to me trying to get a couple more dollars out of it.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

If he has any sort of credibility, he would have contacted Butch and said its available again, my screw up from before on your winning bid, just send me 300.00 and I'll ship it out to you.

You think this would be the case BUT.

#7 7 years ago

When I saw the ad I pm'd him right away that you were looking for one Bob. I guess he knew that already. Good luck finding your backglass.

#8 7 years ago

Is it really worth ruining your credibility over $75? Stupid!

#9 7 years ago

Dont do it, but is nice to think about.

You could always BIN on the new auction, pay with credit and then chargeback for non-delivery/ incorrect item once you get it. May teach the seller a lesson.

#10 7 years ago

Regardless of past (positive) transactions, that's a total dirtbag move.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

That would have been the classy move. If I didn't want it at that point I could have pointed him to the person who bought the game from me and he would have had a sale either way.

I'm glad for those have had a good experience with Mike especially when it comes to hard to get parts. However once I get burned like that I'm stubborn I won't do business again with that person again. To relist the item almost exactly 90 days after the auction with the same exact pictures up just rubs me the wrong way.

#13 7 years ago

I don't think that applies here as it appears the original seller knew very well what they were doing as opposed to being ignorant.

List auction without paying the reserve fee.
Auction ends with unsatisfactory final bid.
Make up excuse to not deliver (and break the binding contract tied to said auction.)
Wait 90 days to wait out the feeback period
Re-list auction again (most likely again without paying the reserve fee).

Basically gaming the system in every which way possible.

#14 7 years ago

The glass was misplaced I t was acually boxed to ship and got burried I looked in emails and didnt find the old one I tried It originally was listed for 325 same as now SHOOT ME OK I try to help with glasses NO ONE HAS many of the ones I have

#15 7 years ago

I get about 100 emails a day for schematics manuals backglasses and playfields I TRY to get back to all.. I will be out of commision a bit as getting new knee today SO wont be on here a few days so have fun blasting me

#16 7 years ago

I dont even pay attention to the 90 days It was lost period I have never once pulled an item because it didnt bring enough My ebay girl was here for last time yesterday for a while so she posted it KILL ME OK . I may smash it an post picture will that make everyone happy GEEZ gimme a brake I get a new knee today from moving all this shit for years .. GEe the guy that wnated it CALLED me before why didnt he call me now GEE maybe he dont have info still just like I dont have his ..

#17 7 years ago

Now you both have the contact info. Pull the eBay add and have him send you the $300. Problem solved and everybody happy.

#18 7 years ago

Mike is a great guy, and a huge contributor to the pinball community. I have met him several times and he is just a awesome dude.
He does a great deal in Ohio and online for pinball in general

I have lost stuff before that I sold only to find it later, it happens. I feel this thread was pointless and premature.

always reach out to someone privately and try to work it out before

my 2 cents

#19 7 years ago

The original ad shows 325 LOOK IT UP dont know where the 300 is coming from again I am off line in a few minutes for a few days I didnt even look at price now my ebay person did it again SHOOT ME

#20 7 years ago

Sometimes assumptions get the best of us and things look like something they are not. I know I have made false assumptions to many times to count.

#21 7 years ago

I never spoke to you about the backglass. All correspondence was through email on eBay. You can look at the eBay messages, I never had your phone number.
Game was sold without the backglass. Didn't have much hope of finding one after that one fell through.
I appreciate your sincere apology

#22 7 years ago

For whatever it's worth ...

If you saw the amount of stuff Mike has, you would *know* that what he is saying is 100% true . This isn't a matter of you getting milked another $50-$75 ... It's more than likely exactly what he's saying.

I can totally understand being torqued not getting that hard to find glass and thinking something shady was going on when you see it relisted ... However, if you saw all of the stuff, you'd have a better understanding as to how something went wrong .

Just talk to Mike about it ... I'm sure he'll take care of this for you.

#23 7 years ago

And if I remember correctly I was told that it had been sold not misplaced. I would have been more than happy to wait a week or so for you to find it.

#24 7 years ago

Ok there we SEVERAL people wanting that glass SORRY I was confused SOmeone called me a few times again please just shoot me

#25 7 years ago

Someone shoot this man...

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Reminds me of the Daffy Duck/Elmer Fudd bit. I demand you shoot me now!
Shootmenow (resized).jpgShootmenow (resized).jpg

#27 7 years ago

I'd just ship the glass to Butch for the $300 and be redeemed. No explanations needed, no shots need fired. Everyone wins, and nobody would be able to have a legitimate issue with Mike regarding this transaction.

Good luck with the knee operation, Mike, hope you have a speedy recovery.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I'd just ship the glass to Butch for the $300 and be redeemed. No explanations needed, no shots need fired. Everyone wins, and nobody would be able to have a legitimate issue with Mike regarding this transaction.
Good luck with the knee operation, Mike, hope you have a speedy recovery.

Pointless, as Butch sold the game already.
Good luck with your knee Mike. Do your PT afterwards! It will be painful but it's worth it. You'll be walking better for years.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Pointless, as Butch sold the game already.

Whoops, yep, too late for that - I missed that part before I posted. I assume the pitchforks and firing of shots will commence after all. Today I was reminded of how difficult it can be to obtain parts at times, across the boards, not just from any one vendor in particular.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from mikepin:

Ok there we SEVERAL people wanting that glass SORRY I was confused SOmeone called me a few times again please just shoot me

Not shoot you, but make you follow through with the original deal. YOU SOLD it to him on Ebay, it's not the buyers fault if you previously sold it to someone else, misplaced it, or whatever. Your knee(good luck with the surgery!) has ZERO to do with this matter. You didn't pull the auction and it is YOUR responsibility. You may be quite the asset to the pinball community, but this is 100% on you. Instead of the poor me routine, blaming your ebay girl, sell this guy the backglass for the original selling price and make it right.

Done.

Easy.

#31 7 years ago

Not taking sides here but I sell a bunch of parts also and I know sometimes shit happens. For those of you that don't sell in volume it is hard to understand how hard it is to stay on top of everything and no one is perfect. I think most of us involved in the hobby really try to help where we can but shit does happen. If Mike is like me I doubt he would intentionally screw someone over for a few dollars - there is much easier ways to make a few extra dollars. But I also understand buyers frustrations.

Anyway - sorry this happened to OP. Also sorry to see something negative said about Mike even though I don't know him. But please understand when dealing with a volume of parts, hundreds of emails, etc. shit happens!

Anyway - again please consider it isn't a perfect world and there isn't a perfect way to keep everyone happy. Happy Holidays!

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

? Suicide by Pinball nerds?

#33 7 years ago

I paid decent money to this seller for a backglass that showed up with a big scratch in a critical area. Was given the excuse that he didn't see it. Later found it documented on RGP that previous buyers passed on it because of the scratch. I don't buy the stories. Good for you guys that had great experiences with this seller. Please don't shoot me, I have pinball to play yet.

#34 7 years ago

Think people are taking this a little too seriously

Its only pinball, it is meant to be fun

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

While true this is supposed to be fun (PLAYING PINBALL) when you have thousands of dollars tied up in something it gets serious real quick. Money changes everything.

#36 7 years ago

You sir are mistaken -- pinball is serious business

#37 7 years ago

Speedy recovery on your knee operation Mike. Just keep in mind: If you were a horse, we would definitely shoot you.

#38 7 years ago

My only transaction with Mike Pacak was my last. Lied about condition of item he sold to me.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from mikepin:

please just shoot me

Quoted from DK:

AlBundy-shootme (resized).jpgAlBundy-shootme (resized).jpg

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

My only transaction with Mike Pacak was my last. Lied about condition of item he sold to me.

Same here.

#42 7 years ago

It is, but this is not pinball.

It is a business transaction involving the sale of goods gone wrong.

Always remember to differentiate a financial transaction from a leisure pursuit.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Reminds me of the Daffy Duck/Elmer Fudd bit. I demand you shoot me now!

"You don't have to shoot him now. You can wait until you get home."
RABBIT SEASON!
DUCK SEASON!
RABBIT SEASON!
DUCK SEASON!
RABBIT SEASON!
DUCK SEASON....

ELMER SEASON!

#44 7 years ago

Too late for the feedbag?

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 45.00
$ 45.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
BMX
Cinnaminson, NJ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funny-how-a-backglass-got-found-after-feedback-cant-be-left-anymore?hl=groffdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.