Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,033 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 minutes ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 219 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you like funny captions?”

• yes 25 votes
      27%
    • YES! 67 votes
      73%

(92 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_7002969_0 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1751 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_7003047_0 (resized).jpg
    cat (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 09.41.47 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 09.43.36 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_7003048_0 (resized).jpg
    funny-pictures-4-17-24-26 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5150 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_7003051_0 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2813 (resized).jpeg
    There are 28,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 439 of 561.
    #21901 11 months ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #21902 11 months ago

#21903 11 months ago
    Pinside_forum_6922236_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6922236_0 (resized).jpg
    #21904 11 months ago

Mr_Tantrum I don’t report posts in this thread, but I downvote the ones that I think are culture war nonsense. But keep posting the other stuff, it’s 90% great.

#21905 11 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:What? It works for removing splinters

Wait. That's not right (resized).jpgWait. That's not right (resized).jpg

#21906 11 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Mr_Tantrum I don’t report posts in this thread, but I downvote the ones that I think are culture war nonsense. But keep posting the other stuff, it’s 90% great.

I always smile when I see one of your downvotes since I'm at the point where I can almost predict which ones you will respond to (as is the case with a few others either downvoting or upvoting). I have absolutely no issues with you or anyone else expressing their thumbs down on anything I post. I try to present a wide range of meme's, and I know that none of them are for everyone.

Nearly every week some of my posts are removed. While I've refrained from posting a multitude of meme's I thought were relevant & funny that I knew would violate the rules, I still believe there is some gray area (I find many culture war meme's to be funny regardless of the side I fall on). For these, I'll continue to post and if/when they are moderated, then I learn for the next time. I have no idea if someone is reporting them, but I do know that at least one moderator is active in this thread (he posts plenty of funny captions on his own), so it may just be a result of him making the judgement as he is catching up with the posts. I'm in no way complaining or criticizing such action, just pointing out that I'm assuming most moderated posts in this thread are not a result of anyone being personally offended to the point they report something.

#21907 11 months ago
    #21908 11 months ago
    pinside_truth.jpgpinside_truth.jpg
    #21909 11 months ago

I'm confused. Can someone please explain this to me? On this post it shows a +1 on the votes (2 up & 1 down), but when viewing the detail it shows there are no downvotes.

#21910 11 months ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

but when viewing the detail it shows there are no downvotes.

Now it shows them.

LTG : )

#21911 11 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Now it shows them.
    LTG : )

Actually, not for me. Weird.

#21912 11 months ago

Which one is it?

#21914 11 months ago

That’s what see.

IMG_6204 (resized).pngIMG_6204 (resized).png
    #21915 11 months ago

Is that girlloveswaffles (or something like that, I can't remember exactly and can't seem to look him/her up anymore)? He/she (I don't know) is one of my more regular downvoters, but going back and looking at various posts this same issue is occurring and that avatar is always missing now (previously it wasn't). Maybe I've been blocked by the person and that is what the reason is for the missing downvote avatar?

#21916 11 months ago

Yes blocked.... They won't get to see any more of your posts or you theirs.

#21917 11 months ago
    Quoted from slochar:

Yes blocked.... They won't get to see any more of your posts or you theirs.

Well, I'm not sure which one of us is missing out more.

#21918 11 months ago
    dad (resized).jpgdad (resized).jpg
    #21919 11 months ago

I didn’t do it for that. You both post great stuff! I thought maybe it was an Apple product problem again. I couldn’t open mail or upvote/downvote when that happened.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Is that girlloveswaffles (or something like that, I can't remember exactly and can't seem to look him/her up anymore)? He/she (I don't know) is one of my more regular downvoters, but going back and looking at various posts this same issue is occurring and that avatar is always missing now (previously it wasn't). Maybe I've been blocked by the person and that is what the reason is for the missing downvote avatar?

#21920 11 months ago
    348924414_164593106583244_4824347260240948394_n (resized).jpg348924414_164593106583244_4824347260240948394_n (resized).jpg
    #21921 11 months ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I'm not sure which one of us is missing out more.

It is another shitty feature that has been added to the site that really works for the trolls that do not want any accountability. I have seen someone block another then go back and unblock them just to downvote a whole bunch of posts before blocking again. How that can be seen as a good feature of this site is something I wont ever understand.

#21922 11 months ago
    Quoted from Micky:

It is another shitty feature that has been added to the site that really works for the trolls that do not want any accountability. I have seen someone block another then go back and unblock them just to downvote a whole bunch of posts before blocking again. How that can be seen as a good feature of this site is something I wont ever understand.

I think it's the best feature on the site, makes it a much more enjoyable experience, at least for me. Not sure how it helps trolls that don't want accountability, you'd have to explain that to me.
    B

#21923 11 months ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I always smile when I see one of your downvotes since I'm at the point where I can almost predict which ones you will respond to (as is the case with a few others either downvoting or upvoting). I have absolutely no issues with you or anyone else expressing their thumbs down on anything I post. I try to present a wide range of meme's, and I know that none of them are for everyone.

I just found one of your posts in another thread, which had the Amazon link for exactly the kind of wire I need for my Viking project. Much appreciated!

#21924 11 months ago
    RICH (resized).jpgRICH (resized).jpg
    #21925 11 months ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm confused. Can someone please explain this to me? On this post it shows a +1 on the votes (2 up & 1 down), but when viewing the detail it shows there are no downvotes.[quoted image]

I think most of the posts in here are just reposted from Facebook groups. Facebook is toxic. Any political/race/ religion shit is just not tolerated or needed in here. while this place can be toxic as well in some threads, they definitely have a set of rules and expectations for us to follow. Also, if you're not blocked by at least one pinsider... are you even trying! Haha, i know I've made a few lists. Can't agree with everyone! Btw, i steal some of yours (& others) to send elsewhere on Instagram and shit!

#21926 11 months ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I think most of the posts in here are just reposted from Facebook groups. Facebook is toxic. Any political/race/ religion shit is just not tolerated or needed in here. while this place can be toxic as well in some threads, they definitely have a set of rules and expectations for us to follow. Also, if you're not blocked by at least one pinsider... are you even trying! Haha, i know I've made a few lists. Can't agree with everyone! Btw, i steal some of yours (& others) to send elsewhere on Instagram and shit!

I have never been in Facebook, and I never plan to.

I have never blocked anyone here, and I never plan to.

I have never left a downvote, and I never plan to.

The way I look at it, is everyone is different these days, but I wish we could all get back to a place in time where we used to either laugh, or roll our eyes, and that was it.

I believe in together we stand, and divided we fall.

And this is the funny captions thread, so:

Pinside_forum_6922048_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6922048_0 (resized).jpg
    #21927 11 months ago
    Mastiff-laying-in-the-grass-outdoors-1 (resized).jpgMastiff-laying-in-the-grass-outdoors-1 (resized).jpg
    #21928 11 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

The way I look at it, is everyone is different these days, but I wish we could all get back to a place in time where we used to either laugh, or roll our eyes, and that was it.
    And this is the funny captions thread, so:[quoted image]

I hear ya.. and 100% agree. I never blocked anyone but noticed I've been! Crazy world as far as what's offensive and not allowed nowadays. But here we are! Dammit Johnny, i hope I'm not turning into a snowflake but i don't mind them running a tight ship. Keeps people in line, humans tend to abuse their online privileges.. (obviously not everyone!)

#21929 11 months ago

Yes, and that’s why I don’t like “us vs. them” humor. If the gist of a meme is “haha, look how dumb/hypocritical liberals/conservatives are”, it really doesn’t need to be on Pinside. There are plenty of other places on the internet for that.

#21930 11 months ago

And this is the funny captions thread, so:[quoted image]

Oh you played me so hard!!! I had to downvote you because I didn’t agree with portions of your statement but ABSOLUTELY upvoted you instead with your cruel, hilarious “funny caption”

My head nearly exploded!!

#21931 11 months ago
    #21932 11 months ago

Ripples Pluto (resized).jpgRipples Pluto (resized).jpg

Edit: @ JohnnyPinball007 this was supposed to be a reply to you, but for some reason the quote didn't stay.

#21933 11 months ago
    1DC88680-FD07-49C8-97FC-183E9B4C3EF5 (resized).jpeg1DC88680-FD07-49C8-97FC-183E9B4C3EF5 (resized).jpeg
    #21934 11 months ago

Now that's funny Scottslash.

#21935 11 months ago

Sorry.....................

canadaian (resized).jpgcanadaian (resized).jpg
    #21936 11 months ago
    3 10 (resized).jpg3 10 (resized).jpg
    #21937 11 months ago
    build a bear (resized).jpgbuild a bear (resized).jpg
    #21938 11 months ago
    upstairs (resized).jpgupstairs (resized).jpg
    #21939 11 months ago
    stop (resized).jpgstop (resized).jpg
    #21941 11 months ago
    mael prep (resized).pngmael prep (resized).png
    #21942 11 months ago

Lol! That’s aboot right eh!

Quoted from bob_e:Sorry.....................
    [quoted image]

#21943 11 months ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

Reminds me of a quote from a movie I saw when I was just a wee lad in 1982, "They Call Me Bruce" (a Bruce Lee Kung Fu parity) when he a woman was joining him in the hot tub (if I recall accurately).

#21945 11 months ago
    #21946 10 months ago
    349109589_1974262716246769_5645753842853712217_n (resized).png349109589_1974262716246769_5645753842853712217_n (resized).png
    #21947 10 months ago
    #21948 10 months ago

Any smaller and you would need a magnifying glass.

#21949 10 months ago

Animal wranglers

#21950 10 months ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Reminds me of a quote from a movie I saw when I was just a wee lad in 1982, "They Call Me Bruce" (a Bruce Lee Kung Fu parity) when he a woman was joining him in the hot tub (if I recall accurately).
    [quoted image]

That is one of the silliest movies ever made. That’s just one of a thousand gags in that one. Johnny Yune is a crack up.

There are 28,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 439 of 561.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funny-captions-thread/page/439?hl=theshaft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.