(Topic ID: 244032)

Funniest, Weirdest Artwork Ever (sorry artists)

By fatality83

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rascal_H
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3F72FF88-E4D9-4FAD-9618-F3E31448AEC3 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20181001_173213289_01 (resized).jpg
    20190612_212608 (resized).jpg
    C9672926-8138-4722-9B98-B772DB497994 (resized).jpeg
    20190603_054833 (resized).jpg
    Middle_Earth_back (resized).jpg
    8750C24D-25C0-45FE-87A4-0D44F3BCC3F8 (resized).jpeg
    8 (resized).JPG
    image-1.jpg
    image-10 (resized).jpg
    ACBCD28D-93AA-4E0B-88F9-46D0B7B92FA0 (resized).jpeg
    29C1CB1C-DE04-4E38-A554-9867FFEC8A95 (resized).jpeg
    2889D820-988E-4C03-A2AA-BFD7C64DCFFC (resized).jpeg
    039c8de3c62401da2d8c98db4887f4c9 (resized).jpg
    tf (resized).jpg
    TAG_SAMPLE (resized).jpg

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

One of the greatest things about pinball (besides just playing it) is the artwork that goes into them. The skill and time taken to produce some of these masterpieces is breathtaking at times. These machines are definite works of art and I can just sit looking at mine in fascination. Also it can be down right hilarious, like what were they thinking when they drew that? Of course some artists don't always hit their mark. Not every artist can produce great work 100% of the time. The purpose of this thread is to post images of funny, strange or just plain bad artwork. This thread is not meant to insult or hurt any artists feelings ( more like an elbow in the ribs pun). Some times the funny/bad or strange art sticks out like a sore thumb (genesis backglass comes to mind along with Bad Girls pictured in my avatar). Sometimes you have to look long and hard to find it. I will start off. Just picked up a WCS and boy is it a beautiful game. I love some of the artwork and don't care about some of the other art. I actually like the cartoon dog. But this ref chick down at the bottom.... um yeah. Something is just off about her lol. Call it a come hither stare or something else. Of course she gets some positive points as she is showing a little cheek!

20190526_124340 (resized).jpg20190526_124340 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

The translite for Shaq Attaq. It's so bad its good. I recently created a custom translite for mine, and at least half my buddies who visit were sad that I removed the old one, because of how comically bad it is hahaha.

shaqattaqtransliteoriginal (resized).jpgshaqattaqtransliteoriginal (resized).jpg

#3 4 years ago

I look at the TFTC playfield art and always wonder if there we're some DE subtleties purposely added to it. (Even though DE Guns N' Roses came out after TFTC)

Hulk Hogan (DE Royal Rumble)
    Doc Brown (DE BTTF)
    T-Rex (DE Jurassic Park)
    Slash & Adler (DE Guns N' Roses)

aa582a9b9d6983c69d0f8575dffda3093c224f5c.jpgaa582a9b9d6983c69d0f8575dffda3093c224f5c.jpg
    #4 4 years ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

The translite for Shaq Attaq. It's so bad its good. I recently created a custom translite for mine, and at least half my buddies who visit were sad that I removed the old one, because of how comically bad it is hahaha.
    [quoted image]

Lol the guy is making a snow angle in the middle of the court between shaqs legs. Your right this is so bad it's good!

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I look at the TFTC playfield art and always wonder if there we're some DE subtleties purposely added to it. (Even though DE Guns N' Roses came out after TFTC)
    Hulk Hogan (DE Royal Rumble)
    Doc Brown (DE BTTF)
    T-Rex (DE Jurassic Park)
    Slash & Adler (DE Guns N' Roses)[quoted image]

Wow I never noticed all that stuff on the TFTC playfield. I just picked one up a few weeks and haven't had time to just stare at it. I know some people hate it, but I love the horror cheese and you can always find something new. So much hidden stuff.

#6 4 years ago

You want some oddballl artwork? Just look at some of the backglasses from Playmatic and Zaccaria in the 1980s... So crazy that it's hard to even look at the scores!

Adding Moon Light for the best pinball artwork on a glass that you've never seen in person!
    blackfeverBG (resized).jpgblackfeverBG (resized).jpgbraveteam (resized).jpgbraveteam (resized).jpgdevilridersBG (resized).jpgdevilridersBG (resized).jpgmoonlightBG (resized).jpgmoonlightBG (resized).jpg

And what in the living hell is going on in this Atleta backglass??? Has got to be the strangest.
    atletaBG (resized).jpgatletaBG (resized).jpg

It just goes on and on and on...

rock2500bg (resized).jpgrock2500bg (resized).jpg
    #7 4 years ago

There will only ever be one Python Angelo the king of awesome artwork

IMG_3536 (resized).jpgIMG_3536 (resized).jpg
    #10 4 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

There will only ever be one Python Angelo the king of awesome artwork[quoted image]

this actually made me laugh out loud. I never thought I'd see turtle butthole on a playfield lol

Quoted from snyper2099:

You want some oddballl artwork? Just look at some of the backglasses from Playmatic and Zaccaria in the 1980s... So crazy that it's hard to even look at the scores!
    [quoted image]

I really want to find a black fever to hang on my wall now.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Adding Moon Light for the best pinball artwork on a glass that you've never seen in person!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    And what in the living hell is going on in this Atleta backglass??? Has got to be the strangest.
    [quoted image]

Is that skeletor on a motorcycle lolol. These are so horrible. There had to be some good drugs going the office that day

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

the guy on the trampoline looks like he got hit in the nuts, while the other athlete is spreading eagle exposing his bulge.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

[quoted image]

I always envisioned the midget guy being in the middle of a hulk hogan imitation. "let me tell you something brother!!"

The chick in the middle is thinking did I get paid up front for this gig and the old guy is just happy to be near a nice set

#14 4 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

And the production version of Grand Lizard (the pre-production version looks a lot better)
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#15 4 years ago

this actually made me laugh out loud. I never thought I'd see turtle butthole on a playfield lol

I really want to find a black fever to hang on my wall now.

I did and I did. Stunning art. Bought a mint BG and beat up head and built this ...

IMG_3184 (resized).JPGIMG_3184 (resized).JPGIMG_3187 (resized).JPGIMG_3187 (resized).JPGIMG_3188 (resized).JPGIMG_3188 (resized).JPG
    #16 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

I did and I did. Stunning art. Bought a mint BG and beat up head and built this ...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nicely done! That turned out awesome

#17 4 years ago

Nicely done! That turned out awesome

Thx. Not sure it qualifies as funny or weird just "over-the-top" maybe

#18 4 years ago

Back on topic. I always thought the artwork on Volcano was weird - especially isolated elements like the caveman between the flippers. Also weird is that when taken as a whole package ... it works!

IMG_4695 (resized).jpgIMG_4695 (resized).jpg
    #19 4 years ago

Is it just me or does this lady on the Liberty Bell backglass look like one of the walking dead?

Walking Dead Lady (resized).pngWalking Dead Lady (resized).png

The paint that is beginning to peel doesn't help her looks either!

#20 4 years ago

No one mentioned medieval madness back glass?
    I find something new every time I look at it.

#21 4 years ago

That Torpedo BG is truly bad. Is she using a compass on a glass light table?

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Topher5000:

That Torpedo BG is truly bad. Is she using a compass on a glass light table?

haha I laughed at that too.
    Also, is the one person using the periscope, even though they are above sea level and have a giant front windshield? do any subs actually have a windsheild? so many questions to be asked, and so many artistic liberties taken lol

#23 4 years ago
    rockmakers (resized).jpgrockmakers (resized).jpg
    #24 4 years ago

There is something wrong with her legs.....
    Gottlieb College Queens
    legs (resized).pnglegs (resized).png

#25 4 years ago

In 1967 Ball decided that Pluto was not a planet. You can see that it has been omitted from the Rocket III backglass.
    It was in 2006 he International Astronomical Union (IAU) decided Pluto was not a planet!
    That's 39 years before the IAU.

rocket 002 (resized).JPGrocket 002 (resized).JPG
    #26 4 years ago

That Galahad has to be the ugliest of all time.

Devil riders I think is not bad at all though - looks fine to me
    A28A1D80-A743-4420-8C8A-FFC474509202 (resized).jpegA28A1D80-A743-4420-8C8A-FFC474509202 (resized).jpeg

#27 4 years ago

Love me my wedgeheads and even want to own a Gottlieb Atlantis someday but the strange she-man figure definately qualifies for weird to my eyes
    437906E4-2564-4B20-98AC-BC007F6B7D1A (resized).jpeg437906E4-2564-4B20-98AC-BC007F6B7D1A (resized).jpeg

#28 4 years ago

How long is his left hand!!??

WPTBackglass_SM_a9fcb043-a90b-4be5-96ad-0e92775736af_grande (resized).jpgWPTBackglass_SM_a9fcb043-a90b-4be5-96ad-0e92775736af_grande (resized).jpg
    #29 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Back on topic. I always thought the artwork on Volcano was weird - especially isolated elements like the caveman between the flippers. Also weird is that when taken as a whole package ... it works![quoted image]

Is that Bon Scott between the flippers?

#30 4 years ago

Murtaugh is so bad he is stealing that kids soul from his body while giving him a wet willy at the same time. (notice the black eyes). How this even made it to production is beyond me. Why make his eyes completely black? Is he some kind of demon?

20190530_023826 (resized).jpg20190530_023826 (resized).jpg
    #31 4 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

How long is his left hand!!??

Gene Simmons disease...

Kiss-Lick-It-Up (resized).jpgKiss-Lick-It-Up (resized).jpg
    #32 4 years ago

Am I the only one that thinks of Bea Arthur when I look at Genesis? Sorry Bea!

#33 4 years ago

How about Newman's hands on JP?
    (Pic from IPDB)

JP image-32 (resized).jpgJP image-32 (resized).jpg
    #34 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Back on topic. I always thought the artwork on Volcano was weird - especially isolated elements like the caveman between the flippers. Also weird is that when taken as a whole package ... it works![quoted image]

That caveman has moobs!!

#35 4 years ago

Crazy that future spa hasent been brought up yet. That games BG is borderline disturbing. Guys in a pool, watching a lady workout, mind you his hands are underneath the water. Weird

Kinda just looks like a creep

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:How about Newman's hands on JP?
    (Pic from IPDB)[quoted image]

I was gonna say Timmy under the right sling is one of the worst pieces of art on any machine. He looks like a mongoloid caveman.
    Those hands are pretty bad too!

#37 4 years ago

1970 Williams Aces and Kings:

45F15DB6-DFED-4C67-AB3B-0F950A070426 (resized).jpeg45F15DB6-DFED-4C67-AB3B-0F950A070426 (resized).jpeg
    #38 4 years ago

1984 Gottlieb Ready Aim Fire:

7303F6C2-34F7-4A2B-9C86-BD1AA93CE65E (resized).jpeg7303F6C2-34F7-4A2B-9C86-BD1AA93CE65E (resized).jpeg
    #39 4 years ago

What the ??
    DB13EAAE-C9D3-439F-A4CC-E536F7487FD0 (resized).jpegDB13EAAE-C9D3-439F-A4CC-E536F7487FD0 (resized).jpeg

1970 Gottlieb Mini Cycle

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

How about Newman's hands on JP?

That's great you called him Newman! Seinfeld LOL

"Maybe there's more to Newman than we think."

"No, there's less."

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

What the ??
    [quoted image]
    1970 Gottlieb Mini Cycle

Wait...What the ?!?!? How is she attached to the back of that mini bike and what is pulling on with her hand?? How is that bystander not looking at her wondering the same thing. The seat blends in with the campfire and why is no one wearing shoes??Also the mini bike has no chain, how are they riding it?

#42 4 years ago

It took me a minute but it looks like she is on the ground with a stick cooking something over the fire.

#43 4 years ago
    22E70F2D-FC36-481F-8AD8-B7B1A88D470D (resized).jpeg22E70F2D-FC36-481F-8AD8-B7B1A88D470D (resized).jpeg635E8264-4E65-45E3-9BBD-BFA0D1C74329 (resized).jpeg635E8264-4E65-45E3-9BBD-BFA0D1C74329 (resized).jpeg9F5EF734-ED90-49B9-9E11-FF33A12D0C4D (resized).jpeg9F5EF734-ED90-49B9-9E11-FF33A12D0C4D (resized).jpeg4A832D76-BDA3-43B4-9165-7DDD92BC4A2F (resized).jpeg4A832D76-BDA3-43B4-9165-7DDD92BC4A2F (resized).jpegA6BA5727-9BC1-4628-AB47-F97E32D57DB0 (resized).jpegA6BA5727-9BC1-4628-AB47-F97E32D57DB0 (resized).jpeg
    #44 4 years ago
    Quoted from bballfan:

It took me a minute but it looks like she is on the ground with a stick cooking something over the fire.

That's my guess as well.

#45 4 years ago

Paragon is worshipped by many for its iconic art but yeah, I have a couple of unpopular opinions about it:

1. I can understand a flying lion but do I really have to accept that those tiny wings are supposed to be able to raise it and an armored clad rider off the ground?
    2. That woman does not look sufficiently terrorized by what is about to happen to her.
    3. The riders arms are nowhere long enough for his body. Is he a midget? Is he trying to kill her or save her?
    4. And what is up with that Turkey leg on the right? Is it growing out of the beasts hip?

paragon (resized).PNGparagon (resized).PNG
    #46 4 years ago

LIONMAN!!!

LIONMAN!! (resized).JPGLIONMAN!! (resized).JPGLIONMAN!!! (resized).JPGLIONMAN!!! (resized).JPG
    #47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Paragon is worshipped by many for its iconic art but yeah, I have a couple of unpopular opinions about it:
    1. I can understand a flying lion but do I really have to accept that those tiny wings are supposed to be able to raise it and an armored clad rider off the ground?
    2. That woman does not look sufficiently terrorized by what is about to happen to her.
    3. The riders arms are nowhere long enough for his body. Is he a midget? Is he trying to kill her or save her?
    4. And what is up with that Turkey leg on the right? Is it growing out of the beasts hip?[quoted image]

How dare you?!

LOL I love Paragon's art. It works. Suspension of disbelief, man.

1. Manticore
    2. Doesn't matter, she's hot
    3. Perspective
    4. Manticore

#48 4 years ago

TBAG version 1 - like a paint by numbers out of a kid's colouring book.

TAG_SAMPLE (resized).jpgTAG_SAMPLE (resized).jpg

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

LIONMAN!!![quoted image][quoted image]

Good God that is horrible looking lol

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

What the ??
    [quoted image]
    1970 Gottlieb Mini Cycle

I just realized she is on the ground now lol

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funniest-weirdest-artwork-ever-sorry-artists?hl=rhaegal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.