Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by beauimpala
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

seaside.jpg
    Photo_69A41C13-073A-C78A-62F6-059F1016.jpg
    Photo_11A5CF12-264B-7C18-D707-3DDD72E7.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Went to Oregon Coast to relax and check out there lineup. Usually I'm pretty disapointed because their games don't work at all. It was the worst I've ever seen this time. Their lineup consisted of Lord of the Rings, Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars, Pirates of the Carribean, Tales of the Arabian Night, Austin Powers, Monopoly, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Playboy, Cactus Canyon, NBA fastbreak, No good Gofers, Revenge from Mars, and Starwars episode 1, The 5 turned off were MM, AFM, TOTAN, CFTBL, and AP. I bought 10 bucks worth because you have to swipe a card at this place. I spent $2 playing 4 different games and realized all of them should probably be turned off. Playboy had a left flipper that was pretty gimpy, I then tried Cactus Canyon. I realized when I started playing many features were not working and drop targets weren't working either. I then tried No Good Gofers. Check out the picture to see how the flippers were alligned. Rubber was missing too which got the ball stuck several times resulting in a tilt by me trying to get the ball free. Tried NBA last and it played ok. Back box feature had no ball in it and all the GI was out. Targets were snapped off in a couple of locations too. Don't waist your time with this place. It gets worse every year and appears the owner could care less. I asked attendant how long the pins that were off had been out of service. He said a few weeks to months for some of the games. Here a couple of cell phone pics I took

Photo_11A5CF12-264B-7C18-D707-3DDD72E7.jpgPhoto_11A5CF12-264B-7C18-D707-3DDD72E7.jpg Photo_69A41C13-073A-C78A-62F6-059F1016.jpgPhoto_69A41C13-073A-C78A-62F6-059F1016.jpg

#2 12 years ago

that same operator probably complains that he gets no money from his pins.

#3 12 years ago

I was playing a Monopoly with flippers just like that...wtf.

#4 12 years ago

The operator's caught in an infinite failure loop - He can't make any money from the pins to pay for the repairs because his pins are broke and need repairing.

#5 12 years ago

That's a shame to see such A-list games not being taken care of. How much is it for a barely working CC?

#6 12 years ago

What's it cost to play those games? I don't remember the last time I played pinball in the wild.

#7 12 years ago

Good god. Let us know when that place goes busto so we can make the auction.

#8 12 years ago

Card swipe was for .50 per play. I'd gladly pay .75 or $1 if they worked nice. The cactus canyon was prolly the nicest but the door for the ball lock was gone. Drop targets weren't popping up and strikes to guy in the upper right wouldn't register very often. I'm not to familiar with this game but I could definitely tell it was not 100 percent

#9 12 years ago

Beau.... ive lived here in this town for 7 years and have been begging the owner ( he owns half of seaside) to let me fix his games ... at least replace bulbs and clean and change rubbers ...

I've been in there time and time again , linked up with the owners buddies to try and buy a game from him with no luck ....

these are the worst game EVER. just junk ... this is the type of asshole that is killing pinball . people play them and walk away. never to come back

I have 3 games up the street at sam's seaside grill you can drink beer and play here ... F-14 , a mint Genie (both on 25 cent play..and a BOP that still dont sing . come play the Genie ...

O BTW why did you take out the BK2000 out of the ally .. and why no ball save on the adams family ? me and my gal used to love to go in play there ... we still hit the taxi..but we want more

thanks

TJ

#10 12 years ago

Black knight works great, but I decided to do a Mylar removal as it was starting to buble up over inserts affecting game play. After Mylar removal I feel it is no longer suited for route use as the play field will not old up. It looks nice after the removal, but lots of planking of the art. I just don't want it to deteriorate anymore. As for the Addams family I don't believe ball save is available on it unless you plunge and hit absolutely nothing. Taxi is probably going to get swapped out for something different soon. The taxi is working 100 percent, but fails to get $10 per week. T2 and monopoly earn much better than taxi.

#11 12 years ago

hay , right on .... what about a clear coat on the BK2000? maybe put the shadow in there? or the zone ... TAF. did not realize that ..

the monopoly plays great I like it but the gal don't...

thanks for keeping them up kept and loud ... its awesome

TJ

#12 12 years ago

Incredible line up of games... I can't understand why the op doesn't take the time to sort them out! It's rare to see so many games still in one arcade (for me at least), so the guy obviously has some sort of 'passion' for pinball... so it's very odd that he can't be bothered to get them in better shape!!

#13 12 years ago

Does oregon not pay local coin-op taxes? certainly no matter what, everyone pays the $75 government coin-op fee (unless your not being legal). So if his machines aren't getting played, isn't he losing money?

#14 12 years ago

As I was told its a five dollar a month charge per machine . thats what the bar owner told me , this is just in this town of Seaside Oregon.....

strangely enough the owner of the arcade is exempt from that tax..

I have talked to arcades owner about pinball before , I would say he has no passion for pinball , and his mechanic "hates" working on pinball...

that was one of the gals on the floor that "fixed the NGG" flippers like that..

I still play it and want to own it ... although its awful.... so sad

#15 12 years ago

I went to Seaside probably four years ago not knowing that this arcade was there. It was a pleasant surprise. I don't remember any major problems with the pins at the time, Except RFM was on freeplay for some reason.

Seaside is a beautiful place. Would like to go back sometime.

#16 12 years ago

wow, that place is heaven...or hell. lmao

1 month later
    #17 12 years ago

all the machines in Seaside are gone ... except mine ..

They were all sold at a bulk discount sale to a place in portland called Mountain Coin ...

there is a MM and a CC in there as well as a AFM

so those with the mega bucks call Mt Coin in Portland Oregon

T

#18 12 years ago

Here's the website for Mountain Coin's Portland branch office:

http://www.mountaincoin.com/oregon.html

8 months later
    #19 11 years ago

Went back today to check it out. The entire lineup of previous pins is gone. Now they only have 4 machines. ACDC, Tron, Transformers, Rolling Stones. They were clean and operated pretty well. I really wanted to play the ACDC to see what all the fanboys are hem & hawing about. Unfortunately the canon wasn't working and this was the quietest of all the games. Couldn't hear nothing especially since they are next to the air hockey games. Note these are all the pro models, and I have no idea what code they are running. Found the ACDC pretty enjoyable even with the malfunctioning cannon and the Transformers was pretty fun. Tron not so much and Rolling Stones even less love.

seaside.jpgseaside.jpg

#20 11 years ago

Let me guess, all the machines in that "arcade" only have card readers to play them? I've heard none of the machines have coin or bill acceptors.

#21 11 years ago

you are right card only , the operators make bank off the cards! kids spend parents money thats are staying at the giant hotel, they don't use all the credit and the card gets taken home or chucked with 25 cents on it ..

those games are all 75 cents ... the cannon has never worked on AC/DC they actually just cleaned the blackened PF it was awful..

you should have went up to Sams seaside grill form some PM and a nice Xenon and a pretty good BOP minus the singing and the helmet lights

\TJ
    whats are the ally now beau?

#22 11 years ago

During tourist season, the Dodge City arcade in Long Beach, Washington is the place to go play pinball.

#23 11 years ago

Family Guy and Fish Tales are at Triangle Bowl right now. I only had an hour to kill and I love Fultanos pizza. So I played some pins and had some lunch. I will make a point next time I'm there to go to Sams.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funland-seaside-or-terrible and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.