• Latest reply 4 years ago by Dono
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7D9D56C6-4338-4ABF-9E3F-F25BE884E2A0 (resized).jpeg
20200201_105302 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballbrian.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi,back for another season of pinball repair.PROBLEM(S).score reels won't reset and L relay pulls in and wants to hold sometimes.I looked at D relay,cleaned switches.other than that,ball kicks out and game plays through all balls ending game corectly.Question ? Where else ( other than D relay )would be a good place to look for score reel reset problem.and is L relay problem related ? Thank you.at this point I want to consult with someone who is more experienced than myself.(I'm wanting to graduate this year from newbie to experienced idiot) ha ha.again please help.

#4 4 years ago

Hi Curriedog,yes I'm always looking at Clay's guide.just wish there were more trouble shooting forums where pinsiders (explained/found )there problems.anyways thanks for responding.ill be sure to post mine.again thanks.

#5 4 years ago

Hi everyone.wanted to update my post and note progress.after looking at schem.i started with L relay.it led me to the spin relays under playfield.after rebuilding them.( they were sticking.)they work alot better.seemed to fix problem.(see pic).

20200201_105302 (resized).jpg20200201_105302 (resized).jpg
#6 4 years ago

Well I tried to post video but phone won't let me.heres where I'm at.Game will start and play through normal.Problem ,score reels just will not reset on start up.and credit unit will not deduct credit.they( score reels), work fine during game play.are these problems related.i seen a YouTube video where a guy named Heath works on his funland,in video ,he turns score motor ,reels try to reset.Question? Would anyone know what exact wires or switch I should look at.any help very appreciated.at this point I just dont want to be stabbing here or there.and cause more problems.very close to completion.again thanks.

1 month later
#7 4 years ago

Hi pinsiders,started working on game again.did slot of shopping.heres where I'm at.game starts when start button pushed everything but score reels reset.they will work and score correct during gameplay. Game will play thru and end correctly.(Question?).when sequence bank resets ,at game starts(.D ) relay wants to activate .should this happen during game reset or at end of reset or when? Thanks for any help.

#9 4 years ago

Hi,Eded.no not at all ,before I heard a sizzle sound and they rattled like they were trying.then dead now.thanks for responding.no reels reset.

#12 4 years ago

Thanks Mopar,but it is a one player,only has one sb relay.can you tell me when SB should activate.also my D relay ,since both banks totally reset on start up.i think I would be in problem area then.i know my SB relay never activated going thru all 5 balls.

#13 4 years ago

Hi Eded,your correct .it seems like its skipping that part of reset.yes I checked score reel switches and continuity to Jones plugs in backbox.but I noticed playing game ,SB relay never activates.is this a score motor switch.that makes SB relay activate.and when should SB activate?.thanks for help guys.i have schem.can post.

#14 4 years ago

MOPAR ,just wanted to say if you did not see post on shuffle bowlers.theres a manual for 1954 team shuffle alley on arcade museum website.looking at it and having a star shuffle ,manual pretty much same for all 50s ,6 player united shuffles.describes every wire in machine and each relay switch and wire color and funtion of switch.kick ass if you play with those,seen your post there.can finally get that working correctly.

#16 4 years ago

Hi Mopar.thats what I do not know.i know both banks reset,but do SB and D relays trip again right after during reset.

#18 4 years ago

Hi Mopar.how can SB relay activate at startup if big coil resets control bank.does SB relay pull back in after big coil resets bank.before game starts.

#20 4 years ago

Thanks Mopar,give me a little time to digest all this,ha ha.i happen to get a copy of Gottlieb instruction ,service manual on ebay.not a lot of help.but a couple good pointers.will dig in and update asap.again thanks for help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballbrian.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funland-score-reels-won-t-reset?tu=pinballbrian and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.