(Topic ID: 239633)

Funland ,no power to score reels.

By pinballbrian

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Funland-Work-01 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Hi,have gottlieb funland.on start up game score reels started acting up.now I have no power to reels.can someone show me on schematics the correct path to search for issue.thank you.

#2 5 years ago

Your Post needs some clarity. No power to score reels? Or acting up?
    Assuming the game starts up what do the score reels do when a playfield switch is hit?
    Or how far along does the reset sequence progress when starting a new game?

#3 5 years ago

Hi Phil lee,the start up sequence was almost normal.when hitting switch on playfield ,at first points,now nothing.i was wanting to know if someone could show path on schematics as place to start looking.again thanks for replying.

#4 5 years ago

Hi pinballbrian
    I do not have the schematics - I am not so good in "old pins" - I am not so good in ONE-Player-pins. I show from a snippet from pinside - encircled red is the area You may have troubles. I do not know how the schematics is drawn (plugged-in ?, game started ?, at game-over, ? etc.) - have problems (red question mark) with switch "D" , also with (red q-mark) switch on Ball-Count-Unit --- any way - when You have started a game (BE READY to toggle-off, unplug main power cord) press the armature on N-1-Point-RELAY - does the Score-Drum actuate ? With this we learn about "R-Relay pulling or not pulling, Switch "R" in the encircled red area.
    When You have started a game () close a Tilt-Switch - does the T-Tilt-Relay actuate ?
    When You have started a game () close the Outhole-Switch - does the O-Relay fire ?
    When You have started a game () close the Ball-Return-Switch - does the Add-Ball-Coun-Unit fire ? Greetings Rolf

0Funland-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Funland-Work-01 (resized).jpg
    #5 5 years ago

Hey,thanks Rolf.i will look at that.again thanks.i will post what I discover.as there is not much posted on this machine in forum.

#6 5 years ago

If the reels reset at start up, you have power to them.

You will have no power to anything until the ball count unit steps up to ball 1. Is that happening?

#7 5 years ago

Ok,after a little work,hold coil wires were frayed.resoldered wires.cleaned switches on ( D )reset relay.game will start.Problem now.game will end on 5th ball,light on glass says last ball in play.5th ball lights up.but no power to table.any suggestions.again thanks guys.

#8 5 years ago

Hey guys good news,machine is working correctly except for score reels,I had to shop the ball count unit and turn a game over switch stack around. ( my mistake),when shopping it.OK,PROBLEM.score reels do not reset on start up.they nudge when hitting playfield switches,but do not move.i feel that is in relay adjustment,my main concern is reels resetting on start up.again any other suggestions where to look and again thanks for helping out.

9 months later
    #9 4 years ago

Hi,started new post( funland, score reels won't reset.)started working on game again end of Jan 2020.please see new thread.making progress.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funland-no-power-to-score-reels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.