View topic image gallery

IMG_8913 (resized).jpg
IMG_3905 (resized).jpg
IMG_3904 (resized).jpg
20190215_101124 (resized).jpg
20190215_101206 (resized).jpg
20190215_101213 (resized).jpg
IMG_7524 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdapolito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Working on a gottlieb funland ,got everything to work ,but can't get the ball in play lights or game over lights to work ,cleaned the ball count unit well ,making good contact with rivits ,checked the bulbs ,but no ball in play lights or game over lights ,in fact the bulb that is there just to illuminate the instruction card on that side doesn't work either ,the last ball in play lights in backglass work properly though ,
Any ideas ?
Thanks

#5 5 years ago

We're talking about the white wires connected to the lug on the ball count unit right ?
I'll try it and let you know what happens ,thanks

#7 5 years ago

Not sure I'm getting anything from that lead with the voltmeter ,is that a ground ? It is screwed directly to the frame on the ball count unit ,when I use a light bulb touch that lead ( with alligator clips to the base of the bulb and then get another lead from a source with power ,like the 10 amp fuse the bulb lights .
Would this mean the white wires connected to that lug on the ball count unit is good ?
Where does that white wire come from ? And where does the black and white wire that is soldered to the metal base bracket that the ball in play lights sockets are connected to ,go ?
Could be a bad connection in the Jones plug?
Thanks

#9 5 years ago

Don't have schematic yet,I touched one voltmeter lead to the white wire and another to a ground ,got nothing then because I want sure if I did it right I touched one lead to the white wire and another to a terminal from the transformer and again got nothing ,didn't do this wrong ,also I wondered about that black and white wire soldered to the metal base that holds the sockets because it is the only other thing they all have in comon

#14 5 years ago

Great thanks ,I hope to go at it this weekend

2 months later
#15 4 years ago

Got back to the game finally I have power going to the ball count unit as the last ball in play lights properly ,checked connections to hen I finally removed the bracket holding the light sockets for the ball on play lights .the sockets where very risty inside and out .I sanded them well inside and out and soldered a new ground to watch socket and a jumper wire from the rivit at the base of each socket to it's appropriate wire that eventually connects to the ball count unit .now finally it all works ,should have looks at this first
Thanks for the help

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Various novelties
$ 7.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdapolito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funland-ball-in-play-lights-don-t-work?tu=jdapolito and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.