• Diamond plate commands this price 0 votes

(14 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

50F14A52-C6BA-4663-8E81-BB102D9DD56E (resized).jpeg
1DF394AD-FCD0-4860-9D37-1D8D691E0341 (resized).jpeg
FBE1A4EA-8B89-4D71-A115-A4C981B37CC2 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I’m almost certain this guy is crazy but maybe I’m wrong. There’s a Funhouse with a Diamond plate playfield inside a WPC version (so wasn’t originally a diamond plate in the cabinet) it has been restored and has new legs, decals . Wanting $8k for it. Now I know this is an in orbit asking price for a regular funhouse, restored or not and I’m just wondering if the diamond plate really adds that much to its value. Not going to get this either way as id rather pay around 4K for a nice condition regular playfield one but I was just wondering if this was even in the realm of actual value. I attached only photos that were included in the ad.

1DF394AD-FCD0-4860-9D37-1D8D691E0341 (resized).jpeg1DF394AD-FCD0-4860-9D37-1D8D691E0341 (resized).jpegFBE1A4EA-8B89-4D71-A115-A4C981B37CC2 (resized).jpegFBE1A4EA-8B89-4D71-A115-A4C981B37CC2 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

DP not enough, Id want more details of “restored” for 8k...
50F14A52-C6BA-4663-8E81-BB102D9DD56E (resized).jpeg50F14A52-C6BA-4663-8E81-BB102D9DD56E (resized).jpeg

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

There’s a Funhouse with a Diamond plate playfield inside a WPC version (so wasn’t originally a diamond plate in the cabinet)

Not sure I understand this. Funhouse is one of the first WPC games. Also, there were many Funhouse diamond plate playfields installed, but not all.

From ipbd...
Reportedly, about 200 of the first playfields made were manufactured with "Diamond Plate" covering. Additionally, several years later and due to dwindling replacement stock, a set of NOS replacement playfields was manufactured which also had the Diamond Plate covering, although these are also reported to suffer from having the red color 'bleed' around the center playfield clock.

#4 4 years ago

From what I understood about them the original diamond plate versions were installed with system 11 electronics vs WPC 89

This is definitely a game I’d like to add to my collection but this one isn’t going to be it. I’d rather have a players condition that I can clean up myself and doesn’t cost my kidney.

#5 4 years ago

Just had a look at my machine, it's a WPC and has a DP too. I'd be surprised if it isn't the original. I got it as a project, but playfield was in good shape with no wear. It fixed up really nice.

I think you'd be lucky to find a nice one for 4K though. I think nice ones usually go for more than that.

#6 4 years ago

The bulk of them went to sample games. The rumor is around 200 of them were made - and those had System-11 in them, however I know for a fact that they were still putting DP and System-11's in the production run as well, but I do not know for how long. My guess is they used parts until they were out and switched various parts over time early in the run.

One way to tell would be to find out what the serial number is on the machine, it would at least given an indication where it was in the run.

Worth 8k? Doubtful...

#7 4 years ago

I agree... approx 200 original DP versions made.

I own a repo PF. It's labeled DP. I'll redoing my FH with it, new repo plastics, new ramps and 5-decal set. Funhouse is/was our first game purchased in 92. It would probably be the last to leave.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I agree... approx 200 original DP versions made.
I own a repo PF. It's labeled DP. I'll redoing my FH with it, new repo plastics, new ramps and 5-decal set. Funhouse is/was our first game purchased in 92. It would probably be the last to leave.

I got mine in 96. It's the first prod machine ran signed by Pat. It actually has the LS Topcoat on it, there's maybe less than 10 of those in existence and maybe only 3 or 4 or so accounted for over the years. Pat told me they were experimenting with different coatings back then, but didn't know if there was more than those 2 kinds or how many of each. What I do know is that my machine was routed, but the pf is in really good shape considering. Only 1 spot (the normal kickout spot) rubbed through on it, so LS Topcoat must not have been too bad.

#9 4 years ago

The 2 picts of the game aren't enough to completely see its condition. However, it looks real nice! I would guess this game is worth somewhere between $5000-$6000

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

The 2 picts of the game aren't enough to completely see its condition. However, it looks real nice! I would guess this game is worth somewhere between $5000-$6000

That’s about what I was guessing as well. The guy posted on marketplace saying “restored Fish Tales and Funhouse $5500”. I thought I had found a deal and thought it worth a shot to see how much he wanted for funhouse by its self. He read my message and didn’t respond so I found his website and found the Funhouse game listed for $8000

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

That’s about what I was guessing as well. The guy posted on marketplace saying “restored Fish Tales and Funhouse $5500”. I thought I had found a deal and thought it worth a shot to see how much he wanted for funhouse by its self. He read my message and didn’t respond so I found his website and found the Funhouse game listed for $8000

If he won't come down, just keep looking. Restored FH's come up all the time for 4-5. A DP playfield isn't going to really mean much in a HUO environment (in terms of wear).

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If he won't come down, just keep looking. Restored FH's come up all the time for 4-5. A DP playfield isn't going to really mean much in a HUO environment (in terms of wear).

My dream would be to find someone with one that’s been sitting with a few minor problems that didn’t want it anymore. But the likelihood of that is probably next to nothing. I’ll eventually save yo enough to get one on here but until then I’ll just have to keep waiting. No where around me to play it. Not publicly at least and there’s maybe 1 or 2 Pinsiders within reasonable range but I don’t know either of them personally

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-wpc-with-dp-playfield-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.