• 112 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is it redundant to have both FH and Tron in the same collection?”

• They both play and look completely different. You won't even notice that the layout is the same. 56 votes
    34%
  • You'll notice that the layout is the same, but the games are so different it won't matter. 41 votes
    25%
  • You screwed up, Boob! Now you essentially own two Funhouses. 8 votes
    5%
  • I like cheese. 59 votes
    36%

(164 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

congo_tron_(resized).png
tron_vs_funhouse_(resized).jpg
index_(resized).jpg
CheeseWhiz_(resized).jpg
13119854_1746538142231827_8891305890387704465_o_(resized).jpg
13131658_1746531585565816_4927011061410616839_o_(resized).jpg
kangarandy_(resized).jpg
rudolph_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
th_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image-4_(resized).jpg
Backglass_(resized).jpg
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

He'd still need to get permission from his wife to get them out of her purse for the photo op. We are safe for now.

She says no.

#52 7 years ago

Nice thread, very original. This vs. that OHHHHHH get the popcorn. How about who is better Pinsider Boob or Flank?

#53 7 years ago

Funhouse is a good game for it's time but Rudy is so damn annoying, makes me want to smash the glass and break his head.
I could never own one, it wouldn't end well.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Nice thread, very original. This vs. that OHHHHHH get the popcorn. How about who is better Pinsider Boob or Flank?

Yes. It's exactly like the other thread. You're very astute.
You are to Centerflank what RascalH was to Kaneda.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

How about who is better Pinsider Boob or Flank?

Right now, that would be Boob, because Flank got himself frozen because he didn't know when to drop something. Did Flank get baited? Sure, but who cares, he went to far and now is paying the price of that. Flanks got pretty thick skin and I'm sure he will be fine after his little vacation.

I'd have responded in the other thread, but it seems you already went too far over there yourself.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Right now, that would be Boob, because Flank got himself frozen because he didn't know when to drop something. Did Flank get baited? Sure, but who cares, he went to far and now is paying the price of that. Flanks got pretty thick skin and I'm sure he will be fine after his little vacation.
I'd have responded in the other thread, but it seems you already went too far over there yourself.

Thanks, Dave. (Sentence retracted for general stupidity reasons.) Not really sure why I take shit about this, though. But whatever...we've already spent enough time on this.

Just for clarification: This really isn't a this-vs.-that thread. I'm not asking which game is better (if kporter had taken the time to actually READ), nor have I started another Tron fan page to compete with Flank. I was asking about the similarity of the layouts and whether it's a noticeable thing when you're playing. I'll change the title before anybody else gets their panties in a bunch.

There are some people who are WAY too sensitive in this forum.

PS - I owe you a beer next week. Be sure to wear your Hawaiian shirt.

#57 7 years ago

They both play and look completely different. You won't even notice that the layout is the same.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's really no such thing as a better Pinsider, though, since I think everybody has something to contribute.

Just my personal opinion (no reflection on Robin's view at all) but I do believe this is not a correct statement you made above. Take Pinsiders like vid or Lloyd for example, their footprints are all over this site and their contributions are far bigger than most.

This doesn't devalue anyone by any means, but some people have impacted the site far more than others over the years, and that's okay that is the nature of things.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just my personal opinion (no reflection on Robin's view at all) but I do believe this is not a correct statement you made above. Take Pinsiders like vid or Lloyd for example, their footprints are all over this site and their contributions are far bigger than most.
This doesn't devalue anyone by any means, but some people have impacted the site far more than others over the years, and that's okay that is the nature of things.

True dat. Message retracted.

My point was just that everybody does something to make Pinside what it is. Even Kaneda was good for entertainment. He might not have had any advice to help people with technical problems, but he was amusing from time to time, as polarizing as he was.

#60 7 years ago

1. Stop knuckling under and changing thread titles at the first sign of sniveling
2. funhouse blows and tron kicks ass

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

1. Stop knuckling under and changing thread titles at the first sign of sniveling
2. funhouse blows and tron kicks ass

Nah...the title was misleading. That was the one thing I got out of the post. Sometimes even trolls can make a valid point.

And FH is awesome - especially the modded one you had. Classic stuff!

#62 7 years ago

rudolph_(resized).jpgrudolph_(resized).jpg

#63 7 years ago

Yep! That's the one!

Thanks for the laugh...

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep! That's the one!
Thanks for the laugh...

That's the same face your blow up doll has.

#65 7 years ago

Anyone else ever notice that Tron smells like cheese?

#66 7 years ago

One looks and plays completely different, the other does not.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Anyone else ever notice that Tron smells like cheese?

i dont get all the cheese jokes on tron

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

i dont get all the cheese jokes on tron

You have to know your cheeses -

TRONchon

Traditional, creamery, semi-soft cheese made from blended cow's, goat's and sheep's milk. It has a shape of flattened globe with deep crater. The natural rind is smooth, glossy and it has a colour of butter. Tronchon resembles young Caerphilly. The taste is aromatic, with a background of white wine acidity. The origin of the shape is obscure but it is replicated today with moulds. The interior is bone white and has many small holes.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

TRONchon
Traditional, creamery, semi-soft cheese made from blended cow's, goat's and sheep's milk. It has a shape of flattened globe with deep crater. The natural rind is smooth, glossy and it has a colour of butter. Tronchon resembles young Caerphilly. The taste is aromatic, with a background of white wine acidity. The origin of the shape is obscure but it is replicated today with moulds. The interior is bone white and has many small holes.

You're right. NOW, it's funny.

BTW, have you heard about the explosion at the cheese factory? Everything's covered in de brie.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

TRONchon

i'm awfully glad I asked...

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Everything's covered in de brie....

I don't belong here...

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I don't belong here...

None of us do. But we are the only friends Boob can afford to buy (we work for beer)

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I don't belong here...

...is what you should say in every thread.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

dont make me....

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

there's a lot of places that you've been to that I don't belong in Mr. International-Fuggin-Travelin-Man. For instance I've never been to Australia

kangarandy_(resized).jpgkangarandy_(resized).jpg

#76 7 years ago

That doesn't look like a tail. It looks like the Roo is taking a giant dump on my wife. (And that's a German thing, isn't it???)

#77 7 years ago

Bluff creek is another place I've always wanted to visit...

13131658_1746531585565816_4927011061410616839_o_(resized).jpg13131658_1746531585565816_4927011061410616839_o_(resized).jpg

#78 7 years ago

Egypt is another place I have always been fascinated by. you got yer pyramids, sphinxes and red sea and stuff over there which is pretty cool...

13119854_1746538142231827_8891305890387704465_o_(resized).jpg13119854_1746538142231827_8891305890387704465_o_(resized).jpg

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

..., sphinxes ...

Tee hee, sphinxes sounds like sphincter

#80 7 years ago

BTW...it's worth noting that Rcbrown uses Photoshop for a living. And his services are available. Any takers?

PS - Why don't you photoshop my white ass on the Tron playfield? At least it would be on-topic.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

BTW...it's worth noting that Rcbrown uses Photoshop for a living. And his services are available. Any takers?
PS - Why don't you photoshop my white ass on the Tron playfield? At least it would be on-topic.

I love doing the same thing with paint. While I am quite impressed when people who know what they are doing with Photoshop make realistic pictures. The "cheese" factor is very funny.

And this is a cheese based thread.

CheeseWhiz_(resized).jpgCheeseWhiz_(resized).jpg

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Why don't you photoshop my white ass on the Tron playfield? At least it would be on-topic.

because putting pictures of ones friends, or oneself, on playfields has been done to perfection already

#83 7 years ago

People can say whatever they want, but cheese is still in the lead.

index_(resized).jpgindex_(resized).jpg

#84 7 years ago

for reference:

tron_vs_funhouse_(resized).jpgtron_vs_funhouse_(resized).jpg

#85 7 years ago

there's still differences.

FH: left ramp dumps into either left inlane or the extra shooterlane
TRON: left ramp dumps to right inlane

FH: has a scoop to the right of left ramp
TRON: has a spinner

Tron lacks a talking head, but Tron adds a spinning disc behind a bank of dropdown standup targets
I don't believe Tron has the hidden gangway in the middle of the orbit shot

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Tron's layout is a lot closer to Congo's than it is to Funhouse's.

This ^^ Tron's playfield is a near replica of Congo.

Funhouse is similar but doesn't feel the same to me. I've always thought FH felt clunky to shoot, in fact I'm not fond of any of these layouts.

#87 7 years ago

Zuse/Castor does say "I hear the cheddar". That must mean that cheese is the best.

P.S. If you have never heard that before, you're welcome.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

there's still differences....

Well obviously they aren't the same. You should probably mention Tron doesn't have 2 plunger lanes if you want to start that basic.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

there's still differences.
FH: left ramp dumps into either left inlane or the extra shooterlane
TRON: left ramp dumps to right inlane
FH: has a scoop to the right of left ramp
TRON: has a spinner
Tron lacks a talking head, but Tron adds a spinning disc behind a bank of dropdown standup targets
I don't believe Tron has the hidden gangway in the middle of the orbit shot

Some of these are huge differences. Gem shot is a dead end on funhouse. There's no right ramp exit on funhouse destroying any combo flow. This is a huge difference. The whole gate and awesome spinner is completely different than a scoop. The quora feed is non existent on funhouse and becomes the middle shot instead. I don't consider these clones of each other at all.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well obviously they aren't the same. You should probably mention Tron doesn't have 2 plunger lanes if you want to start that basic.

right. that whole plunger lane setup for one shot is kinda weird too

#91 7 years ago

I have to say that I'm not seeing the Congo/Tron similarities as much as with FH. If somebody has a shot-by-shot map of those side by side, cue it up. If I can find some time I'll do it myself though.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have to say that I'm not seeing the Congo/Tron similarities as much as with FH.

Then you're blind or don't have much imagination

The point is the shot maps, not the little nitpicky things. Think of the main shots on tron and then congo. Left side has orbit, ramp, path that lead to left orbit to an Left upper flipper that has 2 shots (this is the same if you imagine X-men and just flip left to right). The hole in Congo on the right is the same place as the scoop.

Again...they do diff'rent things and go dif'rent ways, so nothing will ever be exactly the same.

Quoted from rcbrown316:

right. that whole plunger lane setup for one shot is kinda weird too

Yeah same with RS...what the hell they could afford it back then

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Then you're blind or don't have much imagination
The point is the shot maps, not the little nitpicky things. Think of the main shots on tron and then congo. Left side has orbit, ramp, path that lead to left orbit to an Left upper flipper that has 2 shots (this is the same if you imagine X-men and just flip left to right). The hole in Congo on the right is the same place as the scoop.
Again...they do diff'rent things and go dif'rent ways, so nothing will ever be exactly the same.

Okay...I'm not familiar enough with Tron to know that the inner left path leads to the orbit (haven't received the game yet). But the crossovers on Congo and the volcano shot through the pops seems completely different. Again...that's why I was requesting a side by side if anybody had one handy.

So that's what that's aboot.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But the crossovers on Congo and the volcano shot through the pops seems completely different.

Both right sides have a "lawlor shot," or shot through the pops. Again the maps are the same, but in Congo it goes to a ramp and Tron just goes to the orbit.

#95 7 years ago

you cant play catch with an overly chatty fake gorilla on tron Randy. I know how you love animals....

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have to say that I'm not seeing the Congo/Tron similarities as much as with FH. If somebody has a shot-by-shot map of those side by side, cue it up. If I can find some time I'll do it myself though.

There are quite a few tangible differences in the games, but shot geometry is not one of them. That's not to take anything away from either game, they do feel unique, but they are a lot closer than most people realize.

congo_tron_(resized).pngcongo_tron_(resized).png

1 week later
#97 7 years ago

well? whats the verdict?

#98 7 years ago

Not remotely similar.

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not remotely similar.

DID YOU DISABLE THE POP UP POST IN THE RIGHT LOOP/LAUNCH SHOT? MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE FLOW

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

DID YOU DISABLE THE POP UP POST IN THE RIGHT LOOP/LAUNCH SHOT? MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE FLOW

NO. WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-vs-tron/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.