Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zr11990
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago

If it's as nice as described, I'd also say around the 5K mark.

Quoted from stuckey_t:

Good luck finding a Funhouse for 3K I haven't seen one at that price for years? If you can find one for $4,000 or less you are extremely lucky and that is even for a beat up one.

I picked up my Funhouse less than a year ago for 2200. Maybe I got lucky... scores are still out there.

Seller initially listed for 4K months ago, and described it as excellent condition. Now the price dropped to 3K so I jumped and was first to check it out. But when I got there, it was sort-of working. When playing it, I noticed it had cross-signalling issues with the switches. It also had raised clock inserts and the decals were worn off, a couple of screw tips poking up but actually no real playfield wear, hacked repair on the trap door, loose mirror scoop, and faded cab. Later I found it was also missing the ramp diverter mech: the diverter was just resting in the ramp not connected. Rudy was working though: if he wasn't I may have passed. With all the issues I offered 2K, and settled on 2200.

Fortunately, nothing major was wrong. The CPU board had been replaced with new Rottendog due to corrosion. But the switch connector was also full of corrosion. Once I replaced that, all the switch cross-talk went away. I leveled and decaled the inserts, fixed and touched up the screw tips, bought a diverter mech, bought a replacement trap door, redid scoop mount holes, etc. It was also pretty dirty, I cleaned every mech, rebuilt flippers, and did a complete tear-down shop on the top. Still, mostly elbow grease, and now have a very nice Funhouse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-value?tu=highvoltage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.