Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zr11990
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have a Funhouse I am thinking about selling. It has been in my private collection for about 15 years. Nicer than average with unfaded cabinet, a clear coated playfield and lots of NOS extras including a STEPS ramp, Rudy eyelids, lower mouth, and many spare plastics. What is the average going rate for one now a days? I searched Mr. Pinball and the for sale forum here, not many for sale. eBay has nothing but high priced examples.

Thanks.

#2 4 years ago

I’d say 3-5 K depending on details. Project machines should be under 3, restored well above 5.

I know it’s a big range but Funhouse is just like that. You have a really nice one, you are likely to get 4K+ for it. I’ve considered selling mine but I just hang onto it because it’s not in the greatest shape and is a lot of fun.

#3 4 years ago

From what I have seen, $4500 is about the average for a good player. Pretty tough to find one less than $4000. If yours is nice with clear coated pf, I don't think you would ruffle any feathers asking $5000-5500.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

From what I have seen, $4500 is about the average for a good player.

Sounds right to me. That's what I sold mine for.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I’d say 3-5 K depending on details. Project machines should be under 3, restored well above 5.
I know it’s a big range but Funhouse is just like that. You have a really nice one, you are likely to get 4K+ for it. I’ve considered selling mine but I just hang onto it because it’s not in the greatest shape and is a lot of fun.

I agree with this.

#6 4 years ago

Or don't sell. For some reason it just seems like it would be so much fun to have in your house.

#7 4 years ago

Good luck finding a Funhouse for 3K I haven't seen one at that price for years? If you can find one for $4,000 or less you are extremely lucky and that is even for a beat up one.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

Good luck finding a Funhouse for 3K I haven't seen one at that price for years? If you can find one for $4,000 or less you are extremely lucky and that is even for a beat up one.

No way. $4k for beat up FH is a ripoff. $4k+ FH should be pretty darn nice. $5k+ FH should have new pf, ramps, cab redone, the works.

#10 4 years ago

2500 if your selling to me.
4000-5000 depending on your description.
Pictures says it all.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

No way. $4k for beat up FH is a ripoff. $4k+ FH should be pretty darn nice. $5k+ FH should have new pf, ramps, cab redone, the works.

That’s becoming more optimistic and a memory every day.

A funhouse with a new pf and other parts sounds like a $6000 game to me.

#13 4 years ago

$5k plus easy . Had one few years ago and sold. It was new all the way around
but maybe pf was just recleared. Cant remember. It was beautiful and miss it.
I had two first one was beat to shit when picked up. I really went all in on second
one.

#14 4 years ago

A HEP version 10K

#15 4 years ago

I have one that’s Stunning 10K
They get 9K for a Munsters LE and that’s
Junk

#17 4 years ago

I just sold (3 weeks ago) a players condition one for 3700. I had people BEATING MY DOOR DOWN FOR IT.
If yours is as nice as it sounds, i believe 5k-6k is where it should be...likely in the 5500+ range

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I just sold (3 weeks ago) a players condition one for 3700. I had people BEATING MY DOOR DOWN FOR IT.
If yours is as nice as it sounds, i believe 5k-6k is where it should be...likely in the 5500+ range

I kick myself for passing up deals in the past I thought were expensive. Now they look like great deals. I've been looking for one and you better move lightning fast on anything south of $4000. You may call it a rip off but call yourself lucky if you can find a really nice one for less than $4500.

#19 4 years ago

I've owned many FH's throughout the years and still have one. Just based on your brief descriptions... I'd say high $4's to low $5K. FH is a GREAT game!

#20 4 years ago

If it's as nice as described, I'd also say around the 5K mark.

Quoted from stuckey_t:

I picked up my Funhouse less than a year ago for 2200. Maybe I got lucky... scores are still out there.

Seller initially listed for 4K months ago, and described it as excellent condition. Now the price dropped to 3K so I jumped and was first to check it out. But when I got there, it was sort-of working. When playing it, I noticed it had cross-signalling issues with the switches. It also had raised clock inserts and the decals were worn off, a couple of screw tips poking up but actually no real playfield wear, hacked repair on the trap door, loose mirror scoop, and faded cab. Later I found it was also missing the ramp diverter mech: the diverter was just resting in the ramp not connected. Rudy was working though: if he wasn't I may have passed. With all the issues I offered 2K, and settled on 2200.

Fortunately, nothing major was wrong. The CPU board had been replaced with new Rottendog due to corrosion. But the switch connector was also full of corrosion. Once I replaced that, all the switch cross-talk went away. I leveled and decaled the inserts, fixed and touched up the screw tips, bought a diverter mech, bought a replacement trap door, redid scoop mount holes, etc. It was also pretty dirty, I cleaned every mech, rebuilt flippers, and did a complete tear-down shop on the top. Still, mostly elbow grease, and now have a very nice Funhouse.

#21 4 years ago

4K? You wish. I have seen shit restores with overlays go for 10K. A good restored FH would go for 8-9K. The only reason I havnt sold mine is because they were talking about FH 2.0 a while back. I like the4 game but it is a one trick pony. Ill sell my totally restored one for 8K.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

4K? You wish. I have seen shit restores with overlays go for 10K. A good restored FH would go for 8-9K. The only reason I havnt sold mine is because they were talking about FH 2.0 a while back. I like the4 game but it is a one trick pony. Ill sell my totally restored one for 8K.

So you're saying that you you want to buy mine for 4K? Sold!

Price threads are one thing but if you can't find a Funhouse for sale for less than 5K, you're too impatient. Four or five player's condition machines have sold on Pinside in the last 4 months for less than 4K.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

So you're saying that you you want to buy mine for 4K? Sold!
Price threads are one thing but if you can't find a Funhouse for sale for less than 5K, you're too impatient. Four or five player's condition machines have sold on Pinside in the last 4 months for less than 4K.

Players machines yes, yours is not a average players machine.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Players machines yes, yours is not a average players machine.

Right, because everyone knows that a 9K machine always plays better than a 3K one.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Right, because everyone knows that a 9K machine always plays better than a 3K one.

I would agree with that. A 3K FH is going to be a beat POS. I paid 2K for mine years ago to restore and it was total crap. I restored it from the bottom up and lost interest in the game. I haven't played it since I put it back together.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I would agree with that. A 3K FH is going to be a beat POS. I paid 2K for mine years ago to restore and it was total crap. I restored it from the bottom up and lost interest in the game. I haven't played it since I put it back together.

I've played plenty of "restored" games at shows and in collections (Funhouse included) that play so bad, you can't even enjoy it. Broken switches, ugly and blinding LEDs, ugly mods spread out all over, optos not working, ect. So, apparently it doesn't matter if it's restored.

As a side note, Ive received many compliments on how well mine (with over 100K plays on it) plays at league. That is NOT an exaggeration on the plays either.

Seems like you are assuming that all advertised "restored" Funhouse machines are created equal. We all know that's never true. Obviously depends on who is turning the screws.

#27 4 years ago

Actually I dindnt enjoy the few games I played on mine. The clear coat on the PF makes it play really weird. It hasn't bee dialed in or anything, I just lost all interest in the game. I would actually like to sell it or trade it for a diamond plate game.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Actually I dindnt enjoy the few games I played on mine. The clear coat on the PF makes it play really weird. It hasn't bee dialed in or anything, I just lost all interest in the game. I would actually like to sell it or trade it for a diamond plate game.

Can you elaborate on how this plays with clear coat ?

#29 4 years ago

Few nice players at pinfest today for around 4k ... people need to be more calm and stop paying crazy prices for not very good condition pins. I bought a beautiful fully restored very modded fh for around 5500 over year or so ago. It was probably the nicest pin ive ever owned....

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can you elaborate on how this plays with clear coat ?

It plays really fast and the ball doesn't roll, it slides. It seems that you are just bouncing off things instead of making shots. Or, maybe my aim is bad

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-value?hl=stuckey_t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.