Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by swampfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-895.jpg
20140513_081433.jpg
gris.jpg
funhouse 2.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Thought I would see how it looked, but added this to my recently restored FH - seems everyone is restoring these at the moment!

Too much? I was going to get an opaque cover to place over the strip to tone it down a little. Externally powered. Just a bit of fun for the FH!

#2 5 years ago

Since you are soliciting for opinions I will politely say that yes that is far too much.

#3 5 years ago

Do you like it?

#4 5 years ago

Well, it certainly looks like you spared no expense on the lighting.

I think I need sunglasses for that pin.

It's probably a bit much, like Steve said.

#5 5 years ago

Certainly not subtle.

#6 5 years ago

Personally for me the lights around the back box are a little much, but who am I?
If you like it then it's awesome and it doesn't really matter what I or anyone else thinks.

#7 5 years ago

See, Funhouse owners are the politest group on Pinside. That's the nicest rejection of an idea I've ever seen on here. Just tacked an old light strip on there with Bluetac for fun (totally reversable), so looks like it's back in the junk bin with it. Love the game as is. Is the green poweder coat OK? I've fixed up the edge of the backbox since this pic too.

funhouse 2.jpg
#8 5 years ago

gris.jpg

#9 5 years ago

Green powder coat looks better than I would've expected had I just been told about it without seeing it. Not for me, but not too bad. Kinda makes me want to powder coat mine, maybe yellow or red. Suppose there's nothing wrong with matching the cab blue, but that might be tough to do. It wouldn't look good at all if the rails, legs and lockdown were an off shade. On a side note, one of the things I love most about FH is that it looks awesome with white LED's instead of a bunch of different colors in specific spots. The artwork carries the look on its own with bright colors and nothing but nice, bright white light.

#10 5 years ago

Too much? Seems just aboot right these days.

#11 5 years ago

Hmmm The green is defiantly different.
I agree with TheQuickest I might have chose yellow or red cause those colors are used a little more on the playfield and cabinet.
Maybe if the edges of the back box were green also. That would look pretty cool too.
But if you like green green it is!

#12 5 years ago

I would agree with those posted above. When I think FH coloring I think blue, but TheQuickest is right, it would be hard to match it spot on. The playfield and Rudy look great! I have the mirror blades on mine as well.

#13 5 years ago

Personally I went chrome but considering that most of the game is blue, red, white and some yellow, I would have gone blue with the powder coat.

#14 5 years ago

Perhaps try that rope light underneath the bottom of the cabinet, it wont distract the player during gameplay and wont detract from the artwork. Potentially could look very cool.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Too much? Seems just aboot right these days.

I'll bet ya a double-double and a box of Kraft Dinner you're right.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Thought I would see how it looked, but added this to my recently restored FH - seems everyone is restoring these at the moment!
Too much? I was going to get an opaque cover to place over the strip to tone it down a little. Externally powered. Just a bit of fun for the FH!
ยป YouTube video

I've seen it all now! Lordy!

rd.

#18 5 years ago

so I shouldn't bother starting a poll then?

#19 5 years ago

Did you have a set of green armor laying around? Not a big fan of the green on Funhouse, it really doesn't match anything IMO.

But if you like it I wouldn't be concerned about my opinion or anyone else's on here.

#20 5 years ago

I thought blue would be too much blue - I tried the blue from my next door JM.

This is why I let my wife choose my cloths/decorate the house/dress the kids etc etc.

#21 5 years ago

Don't know about the green

Someone told me to stick to colors on the side art for the metal trim color

Can't find the whole grab of this scene, real pity

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

This is why I let my wife choose my cloths/decorate the house/dress the kids etc etc.

Probably a good move right there.

rd.

#23 5 years ago

Can't say I'm a big fan of the green really. I could see red or possibly yellow working though

#24 5 years ago

I like powder coated armor, but on some games I would prefer to pass. Funhouse already has a fair amount of color, so I would stick with stainless/brushed factory look myself.

Blue IMO is the only logical choice, but don't think there would be enough contrast at that point.

#25 5 years ago

I'm all for trying out new ideas. Not a fan of the lights or the green, but you make it your own and how you like it.

#26 5 years ago

yours is the only opinion that matters!

but since you asked, i don't think the green really works ... blue would be ok, or yellow if you're feeling wild. i wouldn't go with red. there is some red in the game's palette, but putting that much of it on there would clash with the blue. plus it'd look like you put a Funhouse in a Superman cabinet. blue or yellow is my vote. (chrome looks great too, just sayin)

#27 5 years ago

I went with red but everyone has a different opinion on it. I like it which is all that matter

20140513_081433.jpg
#28 5 years ago

I hate the green powdercoat, and any color to be honest. Actually I don't understand why people feel that they need to "upgrade" system 11 pins at all. The stock stainless steel looks great to me. Chrome is fine but way too expensive; you'll have to eat some of the cost if you sell the game.

I think a "classic" pin is worth more in nice original condition than in "blinged out" condition. I personally will never buy a "blinged" pre-DMD pin unless the price is such that I can reverse the bling and have a good deal. This happened to me with Fathom: I bought a chromed-out Fathom, sold all the chrome back to the seller and had a nice $1800 Fathom. That's as it should be.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Actually I don't understand why people feel that they need to "upgrade" system 11 pins at all.

Quoted from swampfire:

I personally will never buy a "blinged" pre-DMD pin

System 11's can definitely look better when enhanced, as Pins started getting perks such as ramps,detailed artwork,and audio during this era but still lacked technology that could have improved them even further during production.
I will add Bling powder to my EATPM as well as Led's and a few mods to take the game above and beyond what it was brand new. It will look nicer, have more pop, and be more enjoyable to play when I'm done.

#30 5 years ago

Green looks worse on that FH than the white did on CV I saw on here the other day. Stock stainless is way better IMO. But do whatever you want with your game

#32 5 years ago

I thought it was cool and fit the theme, but it probably would be too much if you were going to actually try to play the game, lol

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I hate the green powdercoat, and any color to be honest. Actually I don't understand why people feel that they need to "upgrade" system 11 pins at all. The stock stainless steel looks great to me. Chrome is fine but way too expensive; you'll have to eat some of the cost if you sell the game.

Unfortunately Funhouse isn't a Sys11 ... It's a WPC.

But I do agree with you, sys11s are best left as they are. They are so full of awesomeness, any more awesomeness would make the world collapse down on itself. That would not be ideal.

rd.

image-895.jpg

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Unfortunately Funhouse isn't a Sys11 ... It's a WPC.
But I do agree with you, sys11s are best left as they are. They are so full of awesomeness, any more awesomeness would make the world collapse down on itself. That would not be ideal.
rd.

Oops. Yeah, that is one heck of a lineup! I envy rooms that can handle long rows of pins. Beautiful, thanks for the pic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside