BOP copy.jpg
IMG_1405-288.JPG
Slide1.JPG
Slide2-89.JPG
IMG_1425.JPG
IMG_1423.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Hi All,

Starting this week, I will have LED lights for the speakers available. These will fit Terminator 2 (original idea, suggest RED) as well as Funhouse (suggest BLUE) and The Machine: Bride of Pinbot, (could be RED, BLUE, or coming soon, GREEN) will be available. Supplies are limited until later in the month when I get more parts in. PM me if interested. A couple pictures enclosed. Will probably cost under $40 per set. Plug and play, no soldering, instructions included.

IMG_1423.JPGIMG_1423.JPG
Slide2-89.JPGSlide2-89.JPG
Slide1.JPGSlide1.JPG

#2 10 years ago

I like it !

Would it be possible to get some purple for the BOP ?

#3 10 years ago

I'll take a T-2 in red!

#4 10 years ago

There is cutting the speaker screen is there?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from kosmo:

I like it !
Would it be possible to get some purple for the BOP ?

Purple is not currently available but I will try to source them. Could be a few weeks to get them in from China if I can find them.

Thanks.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I'll take a T-2 in red!

Thanks. I will send you a notification when they are ready, hopefully in a few days.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

There is cutting the speaker screen is there?

Thankfully no. The front grill speaker screen is not touched. These install just in front of the speaker itself.

#8 10 years ago

I'm interested in a T2. Thanks!! Looks great!

#9 10 years ago

Well, I've ordered some purple lights from Hong Kong. Will take a few weeks to arrive. Below is a SIMULATION of what they will look like on Bride of Pinbot. I will let you know when they are in.
BOP copy.jpgBOP copy.jpg

#10 10 years ago

This is a pretty cool idea. I will definitely be interested in BoP's finished product and of course ordering one myself.

#11 10 years ago

Send me a T2 kit please!

#12 10 years ago

I certainly like the looks of these. Any chance you will be going to RGB's in the future? I like the thought of being able to have more than one color. If so, I'll def be getting some, I like these better than the current ones on the market today that I've seen.

Thanks.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

I certainly like the looks of these. Any chance you will be going to RGB's in the future? I like the thought of being able to have more than one color. If so, I'll def be getting some, I like these better than the current ones on the market today that I've seen.
Thanks.

Just curious, what other ones on the market have you seen? I'm making these because I've not seen any for Bally-Willams.

Will look into RGB ones but that will increase the cost quite a bit : (.

#14 10 years ago

Interested in the T2 for sure. That just looks fantastic. Cheers!

#15 10 years ago

Please put me in for a T2 set.

#16 10 years ago

are these the same lighted rings that can be put in the pop bumpers (noflix) , they look cool......nice mod

2 weeks later
#17 10 years ago

Hi All. Good news! Now all the colors of LED rings are available. I have Red, Blue, Green, and Purple. These will only fit Bride of Pinbot, FunHouse, and Terminator 2. Here are photos and also here is a video link. Private Message me if you want more info. Thank you.

T2 no text black background.jpgT2 no text black background.jpgBOP black background.jpgBOP black background.jpgGreen Simulated black background.jpgGreen Simulated black background.jpgBlue FH black background.jpgBlue FH black background.jpg

2 months later
#18 10 years ago
Quoted from calico1997:

Hi All,
Starting this week, I will have LED lights for the speakers available. These will fit Terminator 2 (original idea, suggest RED) as well as Funhouse (suggest BLUE) and The Machine: Bride of Pinbot, (could be RED, BLUE, or coming soon, GREEN) will be available. Supplies are limited until later in the month when I get more parts in. PM me if interested. A couple pictures enclosed. Will probably cost under $40 per set. Plug and play, no soldering, instructions included.

Just an update...

I now have the Speaker Lights updated as "kits" that feature a remote control with brightness control / pulse / flash / color changes, etc. People asked these to fit more machines, so they are now adapted to fit nearly all Bally-Williams WPC and WPC95 machines. Here is a demo video on youtube.

Can be had for a reasonable price at Pinball Life company at the following link:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3281IMG_1458.JPGIMG_1458.JPGwslk_01-6.jpgwslk_01-6.jpgwslk_01.jpgwslk_01.jpgwslk_01-8.jpgwslk_01-8.jpg

IMG_1423.JPG 129 KB

IMG_1425.JPG 148 KB

Slide2-89.JPG 50 KB

Slide1.JPG 88 KB

IMG_1405-288.JPG 233 KB

#19 10 years ago

How is the reflection/glare from these on the playfield glass?

#20 10 years ago

Depending on the brightness and intensity setting, they do have glare on the glass like the DMD. I don't notice it myself but if it is a problem, the DMD glare guards from Pinball Life (its called "bent plastic" for $7.95) work perfectly for this.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=363&pg=1

But otherwise if glare is irritating, I would not recommend them without the special anti-glare glass.

Thanks for your question.

#21 10 years ago

Fantastic! For $40..a GREAT mod!!

5 months later
#22 9 years ago

I will by a set in red for my terminator 2.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from eferry:

I will by a set in red for my Terminator 2.

I would be in also for a T2 set...looks great!

#24 9 years ago

I want to get one for my BoP. Think there would be any compatibility issues with the BoP 2.0 speaker kit?

#25 9 years ago

They are available from pinball life.com at the "Britemods" Store. No idea if they work with BoP 2.0 speakers. Never seen them but that would be a question for the maker of the 2.0 kit. If the speakers are the same, then yes.

#26 9 years ago

They also look great if you defuse the light with white foam.

#27 9 years ago

Where did you get the white foam from?

#28 9 years ago

i kind of like those purple lights for BOP. my wife has a bride of pinbot, imagine her surprise if i installed those, did not tell her and waited for her to turn it on. i think she would like that effect

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

They also look great if you defuse the light with white foam.
» YouTube video

Does the foam muffle the sound? I like the effect!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Does the foam muffle the sound? I like the effect!

Quoted from calico1997:

Where did you get the white foam from?

It is just standard white foam. The same kind of foam in bedding, padding in car seats ect. You just trim it and add a spacer if its too thick. I did not notice any muffling in T2. But then again the audio on T2 is already sorta muffled. In another words it sounds the same with or without. I plan on doing this to a few more of my pins, and honestly I cant handle the glare without the foam.

2 weeks later
#31 9 years ago

Just an update for those that have the RGB color changing speaker lights called BriteSoundwslk_02.jpgwslk_02.jpg: Pinball Life now offers light diffusion rings that can be added to the speaker lights for about $5. If you'd like a better light distribution and a little better brightness control, they are very easy to put in.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3537

#32 9 years ago

I would like a set for T2....Just PM me how to order.....would you be offering a set for STTNG soon, Perhaps in Blue?

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

It is just standard white foam. The same kind of foam in bedding, padding in car seats ect. You just trim it and add a spacer if its too thick. I did not notice any muffling in T2. But then again the audio on T2 is already sorta muffled. In another words it sounds the same with or without. I plan on doing this to a few more of my pins, and honestly I cant handle the glare without the foam.

Would the thin, white foam packing sheets produce the same diffusing results. The stuff you would wrap around fragile objects and is perforated?

1 week later
#34 9 years ago
Quoted from videorob:

I would like a set for T2....Just PM me how to order.....would you be offering a set for STTNG soon, Perhaps in Blue?

These will fit any speaker lights they you bought from me or Pinball Life company in the past year as long as the outside diameter of the speaker ring is 70mm or 2.75 inches. If the rings for your speaker lights have this outside diameter they can be ordered from pinballlife.com. Some of the early models had larger or smaller rings, so check if you are not sure.

#35 9 years ago

Thanks, I'll double check to make sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 9.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-terminator-2-bride-of-pinbot-speaker-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.