3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by yzfguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markharris2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 3 years ago

Regarding your speaker issue, it may be annoying, but not a problem in normal use. You'll find ALL of the speakers are basically wired in series,
even if they use J504 and J505 separately. WPC games appear to use independent connections, but they are really just using two pins: J504-pin3 and J505-pin2.

See http://www.dziedzic.us/wpc_speaker_sound_info.html#newwiring for schematic of how WMS machines were wired.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I get the in series part, but how does that contribute to this noise? It can be heard thru my house and everyone says "Holy Crap...."
Looks like the switch issues are all good, new display on the way.... That speaker noise is the only thing I don't care for but this game is all good

The series thing simply helps understand WHY disconnecting ANY speaker in the machine (the two in the backbox or the woofer in the cabinet) will yield NO sound at all. As for the screeching and pops, that is a variation of a litany of similiar issues everyone has with the early WPC FH machines. If the capacitors all check out, and the power supply is at the right levels, then I think you'll just need to live with it or add a mod. (In 2005 I had purchased one of the power pop modification boards which basically disconnected the speakers during power-up AND power down, essentially camophalging the design issue. Ironiclly I just sold it a month or so ago... but there are others with similiar mods floating around.).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 22.50
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markharris2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-switch-question?tu=markharris2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.