(Topic ID: 288501)

Funhouse speaker upgrade..NOW LETS TALK PINSOUND!

By cosmokramer

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by pencilneck
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230725_174824 (resized).jpg
20230725_174835 (resized).jpg
20211010_194010 (resized).jpg
20211019_173542 (resized).jpg
f26f8a99882c7de781173a8c792abddd03369ea1 (resized).jpg
033e20f8bc75e8ee636e8bfa1260553180de0226 (resized).jpg
ca98dae9119f8a18b6df59656956a1cdead33fa7 (resized).jpg
d7a977ca6befe87277b89b2674fa74650650dc73 (resized).jpg
b717f61fb768df14ffae00ecd50915d68f91ed0c (resized).jpg
8fd7c147c11a37bb5322ce375c3f1dcf2568f7b8 (resized).jpg
48538db481b298d81ce012e727a83384ebb18046 (resized).jpg
887c0f53c8ac3cbe1d6bd7bcd752328b85be7746 (resized).jpg
20210419_130741 (resized).jpg
20210419_130732 (resized).jpg
20210419_130719 (resized).jpg
20210413_122832 (resized).jpg
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

I need to replace/upgrade the speakers in my Funhouse. Normally what I would do is replace the existing set with reasonably priced speakers that are similar to what came in the game originally, and supplement that with a 10" powered sub under the machine. For this restoration I am considering Flipper Fidelity or Pinball pro, and am looking for any feedback or tips from those who have done this. I have read older threads where some were disappointed with the results in this title, I have had other pinsiders tell me they are happy with the results.
What has your experience been?

#2 3 years ago

I put Flipper Fidelity in mine - sound is just ok but I think it is due to the output of the sound board itself. Definitely an upgrade to the stock but it didnt give me the quality I was hoping for.

#3 3 years ago

I installed the PinWoofer kit, and it sounds great. Contact PinWoofer as he had to send a different speaker then what's included in the kit to accommodate one of the backbox speakers.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

the output of the sound board itself.

This is my concern, I understand it wont be as robust as some titles but some users were complaining of muddy sound with the upgraded speaker sets.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

didnt give me the quality I was hoping for.

I feel like Im going to be dissapointed if I go this route.

Quoted from Mtg381:

I installed the PinWoofer kit, and it sounds great. Contact pinwoofer as he had to send a different speaker then what's included in the kit to accommodate one of the backbox speakers.

I will look into it...is the pinwoofer set that much different than the others mentioned?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I installed the PinWoofer kit, and it sounds great. Contact pinwoofer as he had to send a different speaker then what's included in the kit to accommodate one of the backbox speakers.

Hey Mtg381 ! Are you using the stock sound board? Thanks

#7 3 years ago

FF and PP speakers are a rip off. Just do what you've been doing.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

FF and PP speakers are a rip off. Just do what you've been doing.

I’m gonna disagree, I put the Flipper Fidelity Meaty Beaty Big and Bassy 10" 3-way Speaker System for Sam and Whitestar Machines in my Iron Man and Spiderman. I got them both on sale at about $84 plus shipping. I immediately noticed an improvement in sound. Clarity and Bass are so much better now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-friday-deals-at-flipper-fidelity

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I’m gonna disagree, I put the Flipper Fidelity Meaty Beaty Big and Bassy 10" 3-way Speaker System for Sam and Whitestar Machines in my Iron Man and Spiderman. I got them both on sale at about $84 plus shipping. I immediately noticed an improvement in sound. Clarity and Bass are so much better now.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-friday-deals-at-flipper-fidelity

An improvement? I'm sure you did, I have zero doubt about that. You could get the same improvement from cheap speakers. The main issue is that the source audio is pretty bad, so you could put the worlds finest speakers in your machine, but your audio quality is only ever going to be as good as the source. Its worth noting that the sam and whitestar systems have a far higher quality source than WPC. Still, for $84 dollars its not a bad deal, and its certainly nice that crossovers and level controllers are included. At standard price of what, around $150 though? Its a pass for me.

#10 3 years ago

Went with a Pinsound board and went ahead and just got their speaker kit for convenience so I could upgrade to the most current L 9.05H rom as I have a Sample machine that had a Sys 11 sound board vs. WPC which limits what rom version you can go to.

Overall very happy, there’s just one call out that Pinsound needs to fix.

Agree with others as the key is the output source, and not so much the speakers. The Pinsound board is the key and does a great job and I like being able to customize the sounds and music to whatever I want really, although I don’t mess with it much. I also got their Shaker motor and that works really well as you can set so many different types of rumbles\vibrations to whatever sound or music event.

I have a Metallica LED too and went the Pinwoofer route and it’s amazing as their amplifier is what shines. I got the Flipper Fidelity speakers first and then added Pinwoofer’s amp kit, otherwise I would have gotten everything from Pinwoofer.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Went with a Pinsound board and went ahead and just got their speaker kit for convenience so I could upgrade to the most current L 9.05H rom as I have a Sample machine that had a Sys 11 sound board vs. WPC which limits what rom version you can go to.
Overall very happy, there’s just one call out that Pinsound needs to fix.
Agree with others as the key is the output source, and not so much the speakers. The Pinsound board is the key and does a great job and I like being able to customize the sounds and music to whatever I want really, although I don’t mess with it much. I also got their Shaker motor and that works really well as you can set so many different types of rumbles\vibrations to whatever sound or music event.
I have a Metallica LED too and went the Pinwoofer route and it’s amazing as their amplifier is what shines. I got the Flipper Fidelity speakers first and then added Pinwoofer’s amp kit, otherwise I would have gotten everything from Pinwoofer.

If you have a pinsound board I'm all for putting kick ass speakers into your game!

#12 3 years ago

Pinsound has SIX available soundtracks for Funhouse, the original raw download from the game itself, and then five variants contributed by users. (Once you have Pinsound, the soundtracks are available at no additional cost). What that means is someone in the user community took the time to clean-up, improve, edit, modify the list of original audio clips into 'something better'. Everyone has different tastes, so you'll get one or more new soundtracks. (For Funhouse you get SIX choices, but for some titles, like TOTAN the only available soundtrack is the original!) For Funhouse, most the new available soundtracks are very true to the original, but cleaned up in quality, added stereo effect, reduced mid-range muddy sounds, etc. Mr_Tantrum did one that seems to be a great quality-first update if you go the Pinsound route (check with him). (There is also a christmas theme if you feel the holidays approaching). Or if you are an audio engineer, you could re-theme the soundtrack entirely yourself to be Marlon Brando or Sean Connery or CP3O! LOL. Lastly, you can swap soundtracks easily, so you aren't committing to a christmas-themed Santa Rudy forever!

Bottom line: For the $350 plus the cost of new speakers, you can take the sound so much farther, and you could even uniquely go further by adding your own customized audio clips on top of the community's soundtracks available, since every clip is still editable regardless of source!

FHps (resized).JPGFHps (resized).JPG

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey mtg381 ! Are you using the stock sound board? Thanks

Yes, FH has the stock board. CFTBL has a Pinsound board and Pinwoofer upgrade.

1 month later
#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Pinsound has SIX available soundtracks for Funhouse, the original raw download from the game itself, and then five variants contributed by users. (Once you have Pinsound, the soundtracks are available at no additional cost). What that means is someone in the user community took the time to clean-up, improve, edit, modify the list of original audio clips into 'something better'. Everyone has different tastes, so you'll get one or more new soundtracks. (For Funhouse you get SIX choices, but for some titles, like TOTAN the only available soundtrack is the original!) For Funhouse, most the new available soundtracks are very true to the original, but cleaned up in quality, added stereo effect, reduced mid-range muddy sounds, etc. Mr_Tantrum did one that seems to be a great quality-first update if you go the Pinsound route (check with him). (There is also a christmas theme if you feel the holidays approaching). Or if you are an audio engineer, you could re-theme the soundtrack entirely yourself to be Marlon Brando or Sean Connery or CP3O! LOL. Lastly, you can swap soundtracks easily, so you aren't committing to a christmas-themed Santa Rudy forever!
Bottom line: For the $350 plus the cost of new speakers, you can take the sound so much farther, and you could even uniquely go further by adding your own customized audio clips on top of the community's soundtracks available, since every clip is still editable regardless of source!
[quoted image]

Ugh, as this project budget spirals out of control I think this is the best choice for my beloved Funhouse...
Its only money right?

Ok so now that I have made a decision, what are the best choices for replacement speakers in this title with the pinsound system (links greatly appreciated) and also what components do I need for pinsound?
Thanks

Oh, and I guess I will put in the shaker as well...

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Ugh, as this project budget spirals out of control I think this is the best choice for my beloved Funhouse...
Its only money right?
Ok so now that I have made a decision, what are the best choices for replacement speakers in this title with the pinsound system (links greatly appreciated) and also what components do I need for pinsound?
Thanks

Keep us posted on your progress. Pair any modern speakers and you'll be amazed by the new experience. And once you have a working board and initial soundtrack loaded, then your imagination takes over. After the dust settles, I would be curious if you feel compelled to add some audio wizardry of your own. Editting clips 'could be fun' but takes some work. Perhaps you convince a friend to record an audio clip for Rudy to say "Ain't we buds?" instead of "I thought we were friends" , or make his midnight sleeping clip snore sound like cartoon popeye sleeping.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Its only money right?
Thanks

I went with the Pinball-Pro speakers this time.

Im also nearly done with my "over-the-top" restore. I had 20 years of NOS parts to use up, brand new everything lol.

The new speakers sound great, a bit heavy on the bass with the regular sound card, but easily fixed with the pinsound board.

I also put in pinsound+, the motion control and their shaker, along with GOICD and LEDOCD.

I also ordered all heavy chrome armor, but at the last minute changed back to just brand new stainless.

The chrome seemed to dark and didnt match the mirror blades or the mirror on the CPR backglass.

Im still debating on whether or not to put in a stainless lift channel under the backglass for aesthetics.

I have the system 11 black trim on it right now and it seems fine.

1 week later
#17 3 years ago

So if I am adding this to funhouse what exactly do I need?
I want the pinsound system, all new speakers, and a shaker...

Im ready to order

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

So if I am adding this to funhouse what exactly do I need?
I want the pinsound system, all new speakers, and a shaker...
Im ready to order

There are no official shakers for the pinsound system, so you have to program them in with the pinsound studio software. They will ultimately have them pre-programmed in the firmware, but not yet.

Its incredibly easy to make once you see it and play with it a bit.

I had pretty good shakers running in about 10 mins of fooling around.

I would, and did, get the pinsound+, the motion control, the stereo cable, and either the speakers from pinsound or flipper fidelity or pinball pro.

Pinsound is pretty nice that you can just order it all from them and be done with it. They have very good speakers also,

I will get the speakers from flipper fidelity next time. They are much easier to install and setup.

One I have a pretty good shaker routine running, Ill post the orchestration to the pinsound community downloads page.

#19 3 years ago

My backbox is pretty full with the LED-OCD, GIOCD and the pinsound motion controller.
Ill post a pic later.

The motion control has to fit all the way to the back wall or the light board latch will hit it.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

My backbox is pretty full with the LED-OCD, GIOCD and the pinsound motion controller.
Ill post a pic later.
The motion control has to fit all the way to the back wall or the light board latch will hit it.

Awesome, looking forward to the pic, I will have LED OCD and GI OCD boards as well.

#21 3 years ago

Yes the game is very over the top.
I went with the pinscore display and modfather rudy paint. 100% LEDs.

The red cable on the LEDOCD board could be 1/2" longer, but it fits.
20210413_101311 (resized).jpg20210413_101311 (resized).jpg20210413_101323 (resized).jpg20210413_101323 (resized).jpg20210413_101328 (resized).jpg20210413_101328 (resized).jpg20210413_101334 (resized).jpg20210413_101334 (resized).jpg20210413_101338 (resized).jpg20210413_101338 (resized).jpg20210413_101343 (resized).jpg20210413_101343 (resized).jpg20210413_101404 (resized).jpg20210413_101404 (resized).jpg20210413_101522 (resized).jpg20210413_101522 (resized).jpg20210413_101838 (resized).jpg20210413_101838 (resized).jpg

#22 3 years ago

Yes the game is very over the top:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Rudy's face looks 'different'....

#23 3 years ago

Rudy's face looks 'different'....

Modfather is cool!

Also from the pics, looks like time to vacuum again lol

That blue sure shows the dandruff!

And, if they fit, mirror blades going in when its done.

#24 3 years ago

Modfather is cool!
Alsi from the pics, looks like time to vacuum again lol
And, if they fit, mirror blades going in when its done.

And consider putting a small circular mylar on the playfield on the lighter blue area between the 3-oclock insert and the scoop. The playfield notoriously wears at that spot...

#25 3 years ago

And consider putting a small circular mylar on the playfield on the lighter blue area between the 3-oclock insert and the scoop. The playfield notoriously wears at that spot...

I have 20 pieces of mylar already lol.

Everything is well protected!

These are the best:

ebay.com link: Funhouse Pinball Machine complete Mylar Set

#26 3 years ago

These are the best:

Is there mylar for these areas that I seem to wear out more and more (by the top hot dog, and wind tunnel), or should I get some generic and cut to shape?

IMG_20210413_151509 (resized).jpgIMG_20210413_151509 (resized).jpgIMG_20210413_151513 (resized).jpgIMG_20210413_151513 (resized).jpg
#27 3 years ago

These are the best:

I have not seen that set before. Its a pretty complete set at an amazingly low price, shipped from Germany! Good find!

#28 3 years ago

I did a custom Funhouse mix up if you want it. Not sure they ever put it up online it was some time ago.

Had House of fun by Madness from memory..it was a while ago

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from sb33334:

Is there mylar for these areas that I seem to wear out more and more (by the top hot dog, and wind tunnel), or should I get some generic and cut to shape?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just get the set i listed off of ebay.

Its perfect.

#30 3 years ago

Also installed all the plastic protectors..

20210413_122832 (resized).jpg20210413_122832 (resized).jpg
#31 3 years ago

Just get the set i listed off of ebay.
Its perfect.

I don't see where it protects the areas I had noted.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from sb33334:

I don't see where it protects the areas I had noted.

I looked as well. It does not. It misses the area to the left of Rudy and not really sure why they skipped that easy-to-apply area.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from sb33334:

[quoted image][quoted image]

It does indeed have a tunnel mylar.

Yes the sheet from germany has all of the wear areas on it.

There are mylars for areas that I hadnt ever considered.

The set is very thorough.

#34 3 years ago

I looked as well. It does not. It misses the area to the left of Rudy and not really sure why they skipped that easy-to-apply area.

Basically there was a mylar to cover every single area that was worn on my blown out playfield.

just get a set and you will see that everything is covered including outhole mylar that you didnt mention.

For the money, its not only over the top, but very inexpensive.

And the fit is nearly dead on.

I have been buying his mylars for years, I have no complaints.

In fact if you contact him directly he will add a mylar to the set if people think is important.

Or, find fault in everything and grumble on

#35 3 years ago

Basically there was a mylar to cover every single area that was worn on my blown out playfield.
just get a set and you will see that everything is covered including outhole mylar that you didnt mention.
For the money, its not only over the top, but very inexpensive.
And the fit is nearly dead on.
I have been buying his mylars for years, I have no compalints.
In fact if you contact him directly he will add a mylar to the set if people think is important.
Or, find fault in everything and grumble on

I am still shocked it’s only $25 including the shipping from Germany!!! Seems like a no brainer for anyone/everyone!

#36 3 years ago

I am still shocked it’s only $25 including the shipping from Germany!!! Seems like a no brainer for anyone/everyone!

Yep! Also they are super thin 2ml and dont deflect the ball like the 3ml ones.

Super transparent and fairly easy to remove when needed with freeze spray..

#37 3 years ago

Yep! Also they are super thin 2ml and dont deflect the ball like the 3ml ones.
Super transparent and fairly easy to remove when needed with freeze spray..

The set sounds perfect, especially if the playfield is in good shape already so the mylar bits will adhere better. (I find mylar doesn't stick all that well to areas that already have damage).

One note: To apply playfield mylar, I purchased a hard rubber hand roller (seam roller?) that presses mylar down 99% better than doing so by hand. It makes the adhesion very uniform visually. Here's the roller I got: https://tinyurl.com/Mylar-Roller

#38 3 years ago

The set sounds perfect, especially if the playfield is in good shape already so the mylar bits will adhere better. (I find mylar doesn't stick all that well to areas that already have damage).
One note: To apply playfield mylar, I purchased a hard rubber hand roller (seam roller?) that presses mylar down 99% better than doing so by hand. It makes the adhesion very uniform visually. Here's the roller I got: https://tinyurl.com/Mylar-Roller

I use these:

https://www.amazon.com/EEFUN-Squeegee-Wrapping-Professional-Squeegee/dp/B073SVTVBL/ref=sr_1_3

and I always use this, it doesnt hurt the glue, and in fact helps it:

Apply the mylar, get it where you want it. Carefully squeegee out all of the fluid. Let it dry an hour or so, squeegee out further and burnish down.
Hit it the next day with a hair dryer and burnish it further.

https://www.amazon.com/RapidTac-RT-10321-9-Vinyl-Application-Fluid/dp/B006RUG9XO/ref=sr_1_3

In fact I use all the rapid tac products, especially the adhesive remover. Its amazing.

#39 2 years ago

Would mylar even be needed on a freshly clear coated playfield in a HUO setting?

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Would mylar even be needed on a freshly clear coated playfield in a HUO setting?

Its not needed but helps to keep areas fresh from getting too cloudy from ball traffic.

Especially inside and around the pops and where the ball drops down from the ramps and wireforms.

Always you need the mylar 2" below where the scoop throws the ball.

Get the full kit of mylar from the guy on ebay in Germany. It has every thing you need.

Its thin mylar, not like what marco sells. So its not as durable, like for route use, but doesnt interfere with the ball.

Its perfect for home use and is easily removed for change outs.

#41 2 years ago

I think you are starting what I just finished:

Rudy has the modfather treatment.

Translucent pop-bumper bodies from Zitt.

Red siderails from Taylor.

Mirror blades going in if they will fit. If you are doing mirror blades, add 3/32" or 1/8" to the cabinet width.
You will need the extra 1/16" to fit them.

I made this mistake and should have though futther ahead. Now ita a very tight fit.

If you want more pics or vids let me know.

#42 2 years ago

This is how red rails look.

20210419_130719 (resized).jpg20210419_130719 (resized).jpg20210419_130732 (resized).jpg20210419_130732 (resized).jpg20210419_130741 (resized).jpg20210419_130741 (resized).jpg
#43 2 years ago

This is how red rails look.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think you are starting what I just finished:

Rudy has the modfather treatment.
Translucent pop-bumper bodies from Zitt.
Red siderails from Taylor.
Mirror blades going in if they will fit. If you are doing mirror blades, add 3/32" or 1/8" to the cabinet width.
You will need the extra 1/16" to fit them.
I made this mistake and should have though futther ahead. Now ita a very tight fit.
If you want more pics or vids let me know.

Wow, that stunning and almost exactly what I am doing.
I decided not to do mirror blades, they always seem to scratch and look bad even with a slightly wider cab. I may use art blades, or just keep it blue...not sure yet.

I was planning on cutting some new rails and use black lacquer, but boy does that red look nice! I think thats the way Im going with those.

Can you post some close up pics of the pops. I bought solid red white and blue, but the clear may look better, thanks

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Wow, that stunning and almost exactly what I am doing.
I decided not to do mirror blades, they always seem to scratch and look bad even with a slightly wider cab. I may use art blades, or just keep it blue...not sure yet.
I was planning on cutting some new rails and use black lacquer, but boy does that red look nice! I think thats the way Im going with those.
Can you post some close up pics of the pops. I bought solid red white and blue, but the clear may look better, thanks

I went with the Zitt translucent bodies with the 7 LED double sided disk lights, they cast better light on the playfield.

The art director on this project (@pinballgoddess) definitely states that the clean blue walls against the red rails is the best option. Lol, well see, I haven seen any of the art blades that I can buy in to.

Another restore used color matched translucents, either way looks great.

HEP uses a lot of Zitt clear or translucent colored bodies, they look awesome.

I try not to use too much color, it can cast a brownish hue if the light mixes on the playfield.

Also, we looked at coloring the armor or having it chromed.

Oddly it all wasnt quite perfect. Plain stainless had the best presence next to the blue.

Chrome, though beautiful, just looked too dark to me when set on the sides.

#45 2 years ago

The last item is the apron.

I was trying to save it, but an old operator sticker ate the silkscreen paint.

So, Im going with black epoxy paint and new decals now.

I also keep changing the extra ball lamp out.

Due to the angle of the insert from the players perspective, its hard to get it to look bright when it flashes,

Ill do something to it today.

2 months later
#46 2 years ago

I installed pinball pro speakers and a pinsound plus sound board into my FunHouse and immediately took pinsound out. Unfortunately for this game nothing beats the stock setup. The smaller speaker to the right with the coil sounds terrible with the pinsound board, and I tried multiple settings. Even with just the pinball pro speakers Rudy sounds like he’s talking through a wall. I reinstalled just the right speaker with coil and it fixed the issue and was able to leave the rest of the pinball pro speakers but no dice with pinsound. Rudy is nice and clear with that right speaker. I have a pinsound plus and pinball pro speakers in my BSD and honestly I think the stock sound board sounds better in that too. IMO you sacrifice the clarity of the sounds for some added bass and custom files which I care nit to alter my games. If there was no other option on the planet sure great replacement, but I will never replace a perfectly working sound board with pinsound again. I will be selling both of mine at a loss but for me a lesson well learned.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevster219:

I installed pinball pro speakers and a pinsound plus sound board into my FunHouse and immediately took pinsound out. Unfortunately for this game nothing beats the stock setup. The smaller speaker to the right with the coil sounds terrible with the pinsound board, and I tried multiple settings. Even with just the pinball pro speakers Rudy sounds like he’s talking through a wall. I reinstalled just the right speaker with coil and it fixed the issue and was able to leave the rest of the pinball pro speakers but no dice with pinsound. Rudy is nice and clear with that right speaker. I have a pinsound plus and pinball pro speakers in my BSD and honestly I think the stock sound board sounds better in that too. IMO you sacrifice the clarity of the sounds for some added bass and custom files which I care nit to alter my games. If there was no other option on the planet sure great replacement, but I will never replace a perfectly working sound board with pinsound again. I will be selling both of mine at a loss but for me a lesson well learned.

Thanks for the feedback

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevster219:

I had the opposite result, lol.

Im using the classic orchestration and with subtle adjustments of the 6 dials, Rudy has never sounded better.

People who have seen my game are shocked at how good it sounds.

And they have funhouse in their collection.

Ill take your pinsound plus if you are selling it at a loss!

I love them.

But as always its probably not for everyone, like LED's.

2 months later
#49 2 years ago

Ended up going with these products...
48538db481b298d81ce012e727a83384ebb18046 (resized).jpg48538db481b298d81ce012e727a83384ebb18046 (resized).jpg
887c0f53c8ac3cbe1d6bd7bcd752328b85be7746 (resized).jpg887c0f53c8ac3cbe1d6bd7bcd752328b85be7746 (resized).jpg
8fd7c147c11a37bb5322ce375c3f1dcf2568f7b8 (resized).jpg8fd7c147c11a37bb5322ce375c3f1dcf2568f7b8 (resized).jpg
b717f61fb768df14ffae00ecd50915d68f91ed0c (resized).jpgb717f61fb768df14ffae00ecd50915d68f91ed0c (resized).jpg
The head speakers stuck out a bit, requiring some spacers to be added to the panel...
d7a977ca6befe87277b89b2674fa74650650dc73 (resized).jpgd7a977ca6befe87277b89b2674fa74650650dc73 (resized).jpg
ca98dae9119f8a18b6df59656956a1cdead33fa7 (resized).jpgca98dae9119f8a18b6df59656956a1cdead33fa7 (resized).jpg
033e20f8bc75e8ee636e8bfa1260553180de0226 (resized).jpg033e20f8bc75e8ee636e8bfa1260553180de0226 (resized).jpg
Installed with pinscore display...
f26f8a99882c7de781173a8c792abddd03369ea1 (resized).jpgf26f8a99882c7de781173a8c792abddd03369ea1 (resized).jpg
I will post pics of cab speaker and crossover installed, and final product review once this game gets put back together.

7 months later
#50 2 years ago

I've got my sound up and running, mostly the same set up as cosmokramer... I went with a Dayton Audio DC200-8 8" woofer.
20211010_194010 (resized).jpg20211010_194010 (resized).jpg
20211019_173542 (resized).jpg20211019_173542 (resized).jpg
Used a cheap cutting board to make the speaker adapter. Real happy with my results. On my Whirlwind project, I purchased a "pinball speaker kit" and it was a good audio upgrade.. but this roll-your-own is pretty much half the cost and to my ears sounds just as good as an upgrade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-speaker-upgrade-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.