1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Deez
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

So I'm working on the soundboard in my Funhouse and am struggling with an intermittent issue and am looking for some guidance.

The soundboard did not work at all when I purchased the game. I noticed the tantalums by the amp were burnt up so I went ahead and recapped the whole board. All new electrolytics as well as tantalums.

I also replaced the amp itself because it was working intermittently as well.

I'm sure the amplifier circuit is working because if I touch the pins I can hear the feedback caused by it.

Here is the odd part. The soundboard doesn't boot up and give the boing. Now if I press on it a few times in the center the soundboard will boot up.

I know there has to be a loose connection or failing component somewhere on the board but I have no idea where to look or what commonly fails.

I haven't probed the board with my scope yet but plan on doing some signal tracing. I'm just looking for advice on where to look?

I can't see any obvious signs of damage on the board in the logic area.

What do you guys think?

I really want to get this up and running because i have a pinsound to use but it sounds like absolute trash so it's not even an option in my opinion due to the quality of the samples.

#3 1 year ago

I've looked at all that and still have no idea where the intermittent issue is coming from.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Tone out the sockets from the top pins to the solder point on the bottom of the board (using beep continuity test) and I bet you find a faulty pin/socket or, even more than 1.

I toned out the sockets and couldn't find an issue. I did push directly on the cpu and the board booted up so I think I'm going to replace that socket. It looks pretty ratty anyway. I can't find a 40 pin socket in my parts bin so we'll have to wait for the part man to deliver and I'll report back..fingers crossed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-soundboard-help?tu=Deez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.