• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Greetings everyone,

I just recently purchased my first and only machine and it was my grail machine or as others call it Funhouse. Everything is fully functioning so far and it plays great but being a total newb, I have several questions regarding some settings, specific Rudy functions and about rom upgrading. I would appreciate any help and information anyone can provide. If this is not the correct sub forum, I apologize but figured this is about tech.

The machine I got turned out to be a sample machine as the serial is less than 570178, the sound is only adjustable using the pot, there is an additional board on the top left corner of backbox (Sys 11 I think), the side rails cover the flipper buttons and the start button is not flush. This machine though isn't one of the diamond plate ones so not sure which of the other two options the playfield is but there isn't mylar. I think it has the original rom as the screen says SY. 090 and REV P-6.

Anyway, that's the type of Funhouse I have, now onto the questions below and apologies for how many there are:

Setting Questions:

1How do you change the custom message? I went to the Utility specific menu but whenever I would click enter, nothing happened. It would make a normal confirmation tone but did nothing. I double checked and Custom Message was set to Yes and the only additional message during the demo mode was "This game is watching YOU". The manual just states to hit enter on the setting and then cycle through the letters (+ or -) or punctuations (start). So is there some trick I don't know or is this just not available on a Sample machine?

2In the manual it states during the demo mode that in addition to the lights that sounds can occur but I have yet to hear anything during the demo mode as once a game ends and Rudy says play again or good night the sound fades and no other sounds occur. Is there is a setting for this or is this another thing that isn't available in a Sample machine?

Function Question:

1Regarding good ole Rudy. He functions fully as I see him look left, look right, open eyes normal, open wide and close them (midnight or end of game) but I noticed something that is only happening when we play with multiple players and didn't know if this was normal as this is the first time I've ever played with multiple players. What happens is if I put him to sleep and lose my ball, when the next player starts, his eyes remain closed but he will still talk throughout their ball play and then sometimes (not all the time) his eyes will just open and work like before. I watched as this happened just to see if I heard anything or saw anything regarding his eyes trying to open but didn't hear or see anything out of the ordinary. One time he had his eyes closed the entire ball for the other player but was just talking away. So is this normal and does this only happen when multiple people play or perhaps is this another thing that is just specific for Sample machines and is fixed in a rom upgrade?

Upgrade Question:

1Is it worth upgrading the roms (both main and sound) and if so where would I get them, which ones would I need to get (as I read the Sample machines only allow specific ones) and is it just a matter of removing the old roms and installing the new ones?

2If I do upgrade to the latest one for a Sample machine, what would be the new features that would happen? The only thing I read was about some type of lightshow to the music and Rudy sometimes blinks but I think that was for a rom that is only available on production machines.

Thank you again for any help and information you can provide as I've searched around here and other sites but can't seem to find anything definitive on the above questions.

#2 8 years ago

John Wart Jr. posts here on Pinside. Contact him and upgrade your ROMs. http://www.thatpinballplace.com/

Knocker isn't adjustable. Check to see if the coil sleeve is worn or cracked, and same for the plunger.

LTG : )™

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

John Wart Jr. posts here on Pinside. Contact him and upgrade your ROMs. http://www.thatpinballplace.com/
Knocker isn't adjustable. Check to see if the coil sleeve is worn or cracked, and same for the plunger.

Thanks so much, I sent an email inquiring about the upgrades.

#4 8 years ago

Just a BUMP, anyone else know about the above items?

I haven't heard back yet that site.

I appreciate any help.

#5 8 years ago

PM John Wart Jr. here on Pinside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-settings-functions-and-upgrade-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.