(Topic ID: 274592)

Funhouse Sample Backbox Warning: Sys 11 or WPC?

By Pinball_Eddie

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Funhouse Sample Machine: Which Backbox Warning?”

• Stay Original and Go Sys 11 Warning 9 votes
    100%
  • Upgrade it to WPC Warning 0 votes

(9 votes)

#1 3 years ago

Greetings everyone, hope everyone is staying safe.

Gotta question again and I know this will be really what I want in the end, but would like to get everyone’s thoughts.

Restoring my Funhouse sample machine and it currently has the Sys 11 warning on the backbox. I know regular Funhouse machines have the WPC warning, so which silkscreen kit would everyone get, use what I currently have, Sys 11 or upgrade it to the WPC?

My initial thought was stay original and go Sys 11, but I hate to buy a silkscreen for Sys 11 for just one use. My other thought was to upgrade to the WPC as I am thinking in the future that I would like to get a Getaway machine and I believe it has a WPC warning and just in case I restore that one in the far far future LOL, I figured this way at least it wouldn’t be one and done. I love all pinball machines but don’t have any plans on getting another Sys 11 machine for the foreseeable future.

Another tidbit is that my patent warning was a blue sticker\decal so if I don’t put the sticker back and use the patent silkscreen, then it technically won’t be original as it was anyway.

I don’t plan on selling unless I HAVE to, but didn’t know if upgrading to WPC would affect the value?

I’m gonna get one of them as originally I was just gonna leave it painted with no warning but my OCD would drive me crazy especially considering all the work I’ve done so far and plan to do.

Still up in the air about going back to incandescents as it’s always been LED’d, but guess that’s another topic for another day.

Anyway, thanks for any and all input\advice.

#2 3 years ago

Definitely Sys 11.

#3 3 years ago

Sample game that originally had the Sys 11 - leave it that way.
That's cool and shows that it's a sample game.

Oh - and your OCD is acting up if you are worried about it.

#4 3 years ago

All Funhouses use a WPC CPU board and WPC driver board but the sample games used a SYS11 sound board.

#5 3 years ago

I think the value will depend on what else you do, and who is potentially the buyer if in the future you dod want to sell it.

Repro pf? Plastics? A true purist may say thats nice but not original anymore. No idea what you are doing but i’m prepping for a funhouse restore myself. I will be installing an IPB repro pf cleared by Kruzman. There is likely a small demographic of collectors who would think i’ve devalued the game. I have to replace the center ramp - also not original but i think a nice ramp that looks the same is better than a cracked original.

That said, i try and keep these as “originally intended”. So i would screen the Sys 11 warning back on it myself. Its a small thing but i think thats an interesting detail about your machine.

#6 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for the votes and feedback.

I ended up buying a Sys 11 screen and after I’m done, I might just end up selling.

Hope everyone has a great and safe rest of the week and weekend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 22.50
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-sample-backbox-warning-sys-11-or-wpc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.