You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

27B343E9-1674-45BD-B843-573F8A778164 (resized).jpeg
4819455A-BC3B-44E7-845D-43766541D900 (resized).jpeg
C962BDE2-D6EF-4998-AE68-3A8F11685206 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Hello, I just replaced a couple broken pieces to Rudy’s head. New eyelids and a new vertical plastic piece. I reassembled everything and Rudy’s eyes won’t shut when he falls asleep. Both the horizontal and vertical coils/plungers Fire, but when it’s time for him to fall asleep and his eye lids need to shut, it’s like they try to close, but they are stuck? I’ve attached a picture of the “eyes open” position, “eyes closed” position, and the top view. I can’t figure out why it’s not working. It looks like a reassembled correctly. Do you think the vertical spring needs to be replaced? That vertical plunger needs to go up and close the eyes, but it doesn’t want to. It opens the eye lids fine and flutters them. Please help. Thank you!!

C962BDE2-D6EF-4998-AE68-3A8F11685206 (resized).jpegC962BDE2-D6EF-4998-AE68-3A8F11685206 (resized).jpeg
4819455A-BC3B-44E7-845D-43766541D900 (resized).jpeg4819455A-BC3B-44E7-845D-43766541D900 (resized).jpeg
27B343E9-1674-45BD-B843-573F8A778164 (resized).jpeg27B343E9-1674-45BD-B843-573F8A778164 (resized).jpeg

#2 5 years ago

Lids (in the subject)

#3 5 years ago

Thanks for any help you can give.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Thanks for any help you can give.

that's all i got! but here's a bump you.

#5 5 years ago

My guess is something binding on the horizontal plunger which prevents it from retracting all the way past the catch that holds the eyes open or binding in the vertical plunger to prevent it from returning to closed position after the horizontal fires to release.

I just recently completely rebuilt Red in my Roadshow (same mechs) with new coils, new plungers, new nylon eyelets and springs. I kept messing around with it but it was working inconsistently. Between a stronger spring, smoother plungers, smoother coil sleeves, smoother eye action due to new nylons and less slop from wear in the whole operation it now works every time rather than inconsistently. May have been overkill, but I was tired of messing with it and it didn't appear to have been rebuilt ever (or at least in quite some time).

#6 5 years ago

Is the vertical piece you replaced around the right way? I installed mine backwards once and had issues... sorry can’t be specific as I’m not looking at my machine.

#7 5 years ago

Yes, the vertical piece is correctly installed. I also can’t see anything getting caught up? It’s very strange. I just can’t figure it out.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello, I just replaced a couple broken pieces to Rudy’s head. New eyelids and a new vertical plastic piece. I reassembled everything and Rudy’s eyes won’t shut when he falls asleep. Both the horizontal and vertical coils/plungers Fire, but when it’s time for him to fall asleep and his eye lids need to shut, it’s like they try to close, but they are stuck? I’ve attached a picture of the “eyes open” position, “eyes closed” position, and the top view. I can’t figure out why it’s not working. It looks like a reassembled correctly. Do you think the vertical spring needs to be replaced? That vertical plunger needs to go up and close the eyes, but it doesn’t want to. It opens the eye lids fine and flutters them. Please help. Thank you!!

Do you know these very informative sites?

PART1:
http://www.pinthugs.com/funhouse/eyelids.htm

PART2:
http://www.pinthugs.com/funhouse/eyelids2.htm

JAW MOTOR:
http://www.pinthugs.com/funhouse/jawgear.htm

#9 5 years ago

Yes, thank you. However, it’s still getting stuck. It looks like everything is assembled accurately.

#10 5 years ago

Anybody have this issue in the past??

#11 5 years ago

I bet you are missing the centering flange on the vertical plunger.

#12 5 years ago

Okay. I have one on order. Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-rudy-eye-kids-staying-open?hl=rackleye and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.